Eddie Hazel

Hey, is there anyone here who share my love for this man's amazing talent and music? I don't know a lot about the gear he used to get

thet incredible tone of his or what's the best way for me to learn how to put a finger on the techniques he liked to use on the guitar

any help of finding the answers to that will be greatlly appreciated. Really any information you know will help me in regard to Eddie's

amazing playing ability. thanks in advance.

After digging around a little, I found this info. I cannot confirm whether or not it's accurate, so take it with a grain of salt. Hope it helps:

Guitars:

Stratocasters. Lots of them. His favorite was a '54 with a maple neck. He also had a bunch of 70's strats in various colors and a natural ash strat that used to belong to his good friend and master vocalist Glen Goins (RIP). I've also seen a picture of him playing a strat with a tele neck.

Les Pauls. He had a Black Beauty that he used to record all of his solo album "Games Dames and Guitar Thangs". He also had a standard les paul in sunburst.

Firebird. He used one during the early years of the Parliaments and Funkadelic.

ES-355. There's a picture floating around of Eddie playing a red 335. He's also standing next to "token white devil" guitarist Ron Bykowski.

Towards the end of his career/life, Eddie played various Jackson guitars.

Amps:

Fender Dual Showman heads and cabs (1967-1970)

Marshall JMP Stacks (1970-1974)

Music Man HD 120 combos (1974-1980)

He used whatever he could get his hands on after 1980.

Effects:

Crybaby Wah

Fuzz Face and other various fuzz pedals

MXR Phase 90 and EH Small Stone

Echoplex system

After digging around a little, I found this info. I cannot confirm whether or not it's accurate, so take it with a grain of salt. Hope it helps:

Guitars:

Stratocasters. Lots of them. His favorite was a '54 with a maple neck. He also had a bunch of 70's strats in various colors and a natural ash strat that used to belong to his good friend and master vocalist Glen Goins (RIP). I've also seen a picture of him playing a strat with a tele neck.

Les Pauls. He had a Black Beauty that he used to record all of his solo album "Games Dames and Guitar Thangs". He also had a standard les paul in sunburst.

Firebird. He used one during the early years of the Parliaments and Funkadelic.

ES-355. There's a picture floating around of Eddie playing a red 335. He's also standing next to "token white devil" guitarist Ron Bykowski.

Towards the end of his career/life, Eddie played various Jackson guitars.

Amps:

Fender Dual Showman heads and cabs (1967-1970)

Marshall JMP Stacks (1970-1974)

Music Man HD 120 combos (1974-1980)

He used whatever he could get his hands on after 1980.

Effects:

Crybaby Wah

Fuzz Face and other various fuzz pedals

MXR Phase 90 and EH Small Stone

Echoplex system

I stumbled across this very same page... to tell you the truth it doesn't help but the fact you tried is VERY appriciated. thanks anyway.

I need to know the gear used from confirmed sources. thanks again man.