The Official Metal Thread

LightningBolt

Juliette Lewis is fronting a new band with members of Mastodon and Dillinger Escape Plan

the actress?

yep...she had a band a few years ago that released a few albums...Juliette and the Licks...really good garage rock....definitely recommended

Juliette Lewis is fronting a new band with members of Mastodon and Dillinger Escape Plan

the actress?

yep...she had a band a few years ago that released a few albums...Juliette and the Licks...really good garage rock....definitely recommended

yeah i saw her in some band but man to be playing with some mastodon and DEP members is pretty cool.

the actress?

yeah i saw her in some band but man to be playing with some mastodon and DEP members is pretty cool.

it seems so off the wall that it's made me incredibly interested

• Like 1

according to sharon osbourne the black sabbath performance at ozzfest japan will be sabbaths farewell, if this is true having sabbaths last performance being japan is fucking stupid. they should get to have one last show in front of the home crowd and it should have bill ward on drums, having it japan is just dumb IMO. not to mention ending sabbath on a festival named after ozzy, man i hate sharon so very much.

Edited by bran

Nice, but i think the too many projects can give Mastodon some trouble (songwriting wise)

also where's the 2014 winter EP for the last album?

Btw i liked the Killer Be Killed prohject, there will be a new album for them soon

according to sharon osbourne the black sabbath performance at ozzfest japan will be sabbaths farewell, if this is true having sabbaths last performance being japan is fucking stupid. they should get to have one last show in front of the home crowd and it should have bill ward on drums, having it japan is just dumb IMO. not to mention ending sabbath on a festival named after ozzy, man i hate sharon so very much.

I think and other people think over at Joe Siegler's semi offical Sabbath forum) she is just talking about japan

They will probably do other shows

Remember. Geeezer Butler even denied the "reunion" two weeks before the announcement, lol

Anything is possible

I'm just glad that they're still alive (esp. Tony and Ozzy)

looks like immortal is no more :( (for the time being)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/abbath-puts-immortal-to-rest-launches-new-band/

abbath will be back with a new band and will release a new album. hopefully this works out like celtic frost/triptykon did for tom g warrior.

Fucking hell, man....

Anyway i will be listenting to his new stuff, but fuck it.... They were one of my favs

• Like 1

looks like chance garnette is out as skeletonwitch's vocalist. it seems like he has a serious drinking problem and he admitted that he was an asshole offstage. i just hope he gets better, which seems like he is because the guy is fantastic and its hard to imagine skeletonwitch without him.

skeletonwitch will have andy horn of battlemaster and former vocalist of cannabis corpse as their lead singer for the upcoming tour. here is the full interview chance gave to metal injection

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/breakups/exclusive-former-skeletonwitch-frontman-chance-garnette-i-have-a-drinking-problem

• Like 1

Chance Garnette is the shit. Saw the 'Witch open for Ghost last summer and he was great live. The whole band was. They do the circle headbang better than anyone today haha. Not totally sure how they'll sound without him. Too bad

The new Royal Thunder is streaming in its entirety on NPR. They've come up here before but I am gonna keep pushing them. They're so good. Their first record is more Sabbath style blues/doom but this new one seems to take a different turn, has some elements from 90s alt rock records but still definitely metal in it's own way. The singer's voice is stunning and I can tell you from experience she pulls it off live. The new album comes out tomorrow but you can listen now

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/29/395298797/first-listen-royal-thunder-crooked-doors

looks like immortal is no more :( (for the time being)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/abbath-puts-immortal-to-rest-launches-new-band/

abbath will be back with a new band and will release a new album. hopefully this works out like celtic frost/triptykon did for tom g warrior.

I was working the door at a concert venue, and suddenly this guy steps up and wants to enter the venue.

He tells me he's performing there the next night, and so I ask him what band he plays in, so apparently it's Abbath from Immortal.

Have a small chat with the man, told him I was looking forward to his show. But the man is quite a peculiar character.

• Like 1