New York City "Surprise Gig" Review

Kaneda

Kaneda, I am so glad you were able to enjoy the show and give us an 'inside' look from a fan's point of view. It must have been pretty fuckin' chill to get to meet one of your idols after all these years. I will admit, I am the creator of the "Kaneda's Greatest Hits" thread (a chart-topping thread making fun of your negativity), but I forgive you; that's all in the past. The fact that you are able to admit to your ill-doings is very refreshing. I am happy that you are able to look at things from a new perspective.

Right on man. :thumbsup:

Thanks man...this band has the most passionate fans, for better or worse...got to love it...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God the ass kissing on here just keeps getting thicker and thicker. What the fuck has happened to this place?

One day Axl is ripping apart one of the most dedicated fans he has ever had, and the next another fan who tore Axl a new one day after day for YEARS is suddenly hob-knobbing with the guy.

Hope you swallowed, Kanada.

Great point

First thing is first. If I ever had the opportunity to meet the band about the most I'd say about it publicly on a forum like this is "Yea, I had a great time." End of fucking story. And that's if anyone even asked me about it.

To come on here and spill your guts about every moment of the experience, and this doesn't just apply to Kanada, is a COMPLETE LACK OF RESPECT TO THE BAND.

It's like sleeping with a really nice girl, then turning around and TELLING THE ENTIRE WORLD ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE.

It speaks volumes about the character of some people in the world.

Well, we will be sure not to rely on you for a review of a show. that is a terrible analogy, comparing someones review of a show to kissing and telling. Kaneda or anyone elses review of a show in no way invades the bands privacy.

i'm tired of surprise gigs. the fans get left out. they are not streamed on the internet. they are not on tv on mtv to enjoy. what do they accomplish? will they get the chinese democracy record to #1 on the billboard charts? will they produce a new gnr music video for us to enjoy this year on mtv and fuse? will they actually produce a single that has success on radio and singles charts? will they get gnr to do events again like mtv vma/ama and new events like the grammys / olympics? what's the purpose and point of surprise gigs? i'm even questioning the purpose of the world tour. i don't see change. obama makes change. i don't see axl making change for the fans starving for guns n roses change with the chinese democracy record

i'm tired of surprise gigs. the fans get left out. they are not streamed on the internet. they are not on tv on mtv to enjoy. what do they accomplish? will they get the chinese democracy record to #1 on the billboard charts? will they produce a new gnr music video for us to enjoy this year on mtv and fuse? will they actually produce a single that has success on radio and singles charts? will they get gnr to do events again like mtv vma/ama and new events like the grammys / olympics? what's the purpose and point of surprise gigs? i'm even questioning the purpose of the world tour. i don't see change. obama makes change. i don't see axl making change for the fans starving for guns n roses change with the chinese democracy record

fun for the band i guess. guns were not looking to sell tickets to the public for this one.

They get buzz going for the band. They get people talking. Good word of mouth and all. Most of the press - besides a couple of lame hipster rags ragging on GN'R for being a rock band rather than the indie crap they prefer - has been excellent. Great reviews in Canada, great reviews from fans, great reviews from New York last night. And little things like Spin (or whomever it was) lauding the band for not just playing two songs or some crap but rather a full set...

this is a band that still needs to win people over in the U.S. Sure lots of them have made up their minds but hey - there's still plenty of casual fans out there.

Also, it's revisiting a legendary venue in the case of CBGB's, which had some history with GN'R.

i don't see change. obama makes change.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

don't laugh. obama makes change. what change does axl make? look at the facts:

1. chinese democracy didn't debut #1. failing to live up to the illusions

2. axl did no promotion months in advance of the record

3. axl let robin finck leave guns n roses just as the record was finally coming out

4. axl releases the wrong single as first single. as result, the single flopped badly. it's no 'you could be mine' smash single

5. after record comes out, axl still does no promotion. result, the record falls backward into an abyss off the billboard charts

6. gnr doesn't do the mtv vma

7. gnr doesn't do ama

8. gnr doesn't rock n roll hall of fame concerts

9. gnr doesn't do the grammys

10. axl doesn't greenlight a new interview on tv on mtv with kurt loder

11. axl gives no reason why he let robin walk away

12. still no new gnr music video on mtv or fuse or the internet for the fans to enjoy

13. no gnr live show since 2002 put on official dvd for the fans

this and more is the facts. axl doesn't make change. but axl rapes madison. fights reporters at airports in Los Angeles. LA is the place gnr became the best. gnr didn't become the best in tokyo or korea or even canada. yeah. axl takes lots of pictures. does surprise gigs. but this isn't change. it's not change. i feel like 2010 is no different than 2002. i say that because without any of the things listed above changing, feels like the chinese democracy record still isn't out. i feel like im still waiting for it. that's because axl doesn't change

Getting things back on track, does anyone have any questions about the show last night? Ask away...

I take it you didn't ask how much he paid Eric to throw me under the bus?

Too bad. Would like to have seen his answer.

Please stay on topic.

It is on topic.

He chatted with Axl - as shown in the cool pics. So, I wanted to know if he asked him about it.

Kaneda has been a member of this forum for many many years. He knows what happened.

It's a fair question. I - and many others - would like to have known the answer to that.

GTFO.

3. axl let robin finck leave guns n roses just as the record was finally coming out

4. axl releases the wrong single as first single. as result, the single flopped badly. it's no 'you could be mine' smash single

5. after record comes out, axl still does no promotion. result, the record falls backward into an abyss off the billboard charts

7. gnr doesn't do ama

12. still no new gnr music video on mtv or fuse or the internet for the fans to enjoy

this and more is the facts. axl doesn't make change. but axl rapes madison. fights reporters at airports in Los Angeles. LA is the place gnr became the best. gnr didn't become the best in tokyo or korea or even canada. yeah. axl takes lots of pictures. does surprise gigs. but this isn't change. it's not change. i feel like 2010 is no different than 2002. i say that because without any of the things listed above changing, feels like the chinese democracy record still isn't out. i feel like im still waiting for it. that's because axl doesn't change

i dont post much but i just had to laugh at the stupidity of this post. if u all want my 2 cents (i know you probobly dont) then i say, calm the fuck down with the madison shit and all this crap. enjoy the music. enjoy the shows. enjoy the legacy of gnr. dont get caught up in bullshit that doesnt have anything to do with you. i love the fact that gnr has always fucking done what they want to do and could give a shit what some internet fourms think. lets just relax and enjoy the very good time that it is to be a gnr fan. also, when is the "this i love" vid being posted?

7. gnr doesn't do ama

You realize some of what you posted is borderline insanity?

I'm pretty sure Axl doesn't have control over who plays the grammys, AMA, VMAs etc. Nor can he stop Robin from going back to NIN for their "final" tour. I mean I dunno the story but what - if Robin really wanted to go, you expect Axl to chain him to his mic stand? Besides which, DJ has been rocking.

On top of that, what's up with not the best in Tokyo or Canada? Canadian newspapers were lauding the band, they got great reviews, huge shows in Montreal and Toronto, bringing out Canadian opening acts and guests, everyone I spoke to at those shows had a great time, lots of good will towards the band here... so what's your point? Oh, and they were listed as #2 on Billboard's hot tours thingy and that didn't even count the Toronto gig, or several of the others.

I mean really... short of a hit single this late in the game, CD isn't going roaring up the charts. Do you care? What are sales to you? It moved several million copies worldwide I believe, which in this day and age is nothing to sneeze at, and you're what... waiting for it to go 18X platinum in the US like AFD? Not happening, it's a different world, different market, different lineup, and frankly - I love the CD. I have the songs, I've been lucky enough to see all but two of them played live over the years, I've been to six shows (two this year), and 2010 has been a great way to cap off CD.

So what change really do we need? Let the band tour and do their thing. If you want change, get a job selling depends.

Edited by kyrie

I wont post directly to people on the forum who changed a few years ago, but one thing I do want to say is that the question one user is referring to should not be asked of Axl, why? Because it 100% categorically did not happen, that's why. Don't believe it? I cant make you believe it, but I know for a fact that it did not happen, it is not true and it has been repeated time and time again by many. I happen to know first hand...

You can throw all your "Velvetgirl", "party passes", "being bought by the band", "why dont I leave and go to another forum" in right now go ahead, it does not change the truth, the truth is the truth, it does not waiver, it does not change.

I am a regular user, never been a mod, didn't have to be to see that the change in this user happened a VERY long time ago, why? I do not have the answer, the person needs to give them selves a good look in the mirror and answer that themselves.

I have made many mistakes here over the years what makes that different is I am willing to say that to myself and more importantly to all of you.

I did not want to comment, not cause anyone told me not to(they didn't) but because truth be told, I do feel bad in a way, this person and I did share what I believed to be many good times, personal times even over the years I have been here, I feel sad it had to go this way, that is the truth, 100%, but I saw it coming to this, you had to be blind not too, I wish things didn't change I wish they could have stayed the way they were just not a few years ago. At the end of the day I am here for one thing and one thing only, to read and talk about the band that I love and admire, the only band that has ever grabbed me and held on, to this day.

It is sad to watch this go like this right now, I wont speak for anyone but I know for a fact no one threw you under a bus but yourself, you are your own worst enemy. I still like you as a friend don't get me wrong, always have, but time has come to accept your own responsibility in what has happened and decide what to do, its in your hands and I know your smart enough to be able to do it.

Anyway I really did not want to comment on this but I have been receiving countless pm's over the last 48hrs about this and which "side" I am on, I will tell you all right now, listen up, I am on GN'R'S side and not cause they were so nice to me yadda yadda, but because this forum has always been about them not one forum user or admin, mod etc I am here for ME AND GNR thats it, and let me tell everyone these gigs are far more exciting then one member...

That is 100% truth, no lies, no bullshit, no twisting, no nothing just the truth I swear on it.

EDIT:

to add to this any insult or further talk towards me should be directed at my pm box, I will not respond to any part of this in this thread or any other one for that matter, that means everyone...:)

Have a great day forum members, 2010 is a great year to be a fan

Justin A.K.A Gunsguy

finally some sense in this board!!

7. gnr doesn't do ama

You realize some of what you posted is borderline insanity?

I'm pretty sure Axl doesn't have control over who plays the grammys, AMA, VMAs etc. Nor can he stop Robin from going back to NIN for their "final" tour. I mean I dunno the story but what - if Robin really wanted to go, you expect Axl to chain him to his mic stand? Besides which, DJ has been rocking.

On top of that, what's up with not the best in Tokyo or Canada? Canadian newspapers were lauding the band, they got great reviews, huge shows in Montreal and Toronto, bringing out Canadian opening acts and guests, everyone I spoke to at those shows had a great time, lots of good will towards the band here... so what's your point? Oh, and they were listed as #2 on Billboard's hot tours thingy and that didn't even count the Toronto gig, or several of the others.

I mean really... short of a hit single this late in the game, CD isn't going roaring up the charts. Do you care? What are sales to you? It moved several million copies worldwide I believe, which in this day and age is nothing to sneeze at, and you're what... waiting for it to go 18X platinum in the US like AFD? Not happening, it's a different world, different market, different lineup, and frankly - I love the CD. I have the songs, I've been lucky enough to see all but two of them played live over the years, I've been to six shows (two this year), and 2010 has been a great way to cap off CD.

So what change really do we need? Let the band tour and do their thing. If you want change, get a job selling depends.

axl owns the gnr name. he's the boss. of course he has control. look what he said to madison. if he wasn't in control, do you think any of the 2 current gnr managers would let him say this kind of thing to a gnr fan? axl has the power. he decides what to do. sebastian bach said 'axl does things his way.' but axl isn't doing it the right way. you know, the corporate suits are right. axl needs to 'man up' about corporate business with the chinese democracy record. doing the 2008/2009 mtv vma would have helped sales a lot. maybe even would have had the record hit #1. but axl didn't pull the trigger. axl didn't call mtv or the grammys or ama or the rock n' roll hall of fame concerts. axl didn't want to do them. that's a lost opportunity for corporate business and the fans. lost opportunities. lost business opportunities. lost fan opportunities. sales is what it is all about. since the illusions hit #1 and made millions. sales is what matters with this record. expectations. fan expectations. based on the illusions. there was a line of people waiting to buy the illusions in 1991. there was no line anywhere for the new record. poor sales. poor fan turn out. no promotion. no promotion from axl. this is supposed to be gnr. the greatest rock band ever. not a band putting out their first record in the biz. gnr became the most dangerous band in Los Angeles. axl rose became rich and famous in LA. he didn't get this way first in canada. come on. you know that. Los Angeles made gnr better than the rolling stones. better than aerosmith. Los Angeles is the place gnr was born. i have the cd too. but i feel i don't have it. because, gnr isn't doing the things it did in the 90's to be the #1 rock band. axl is not doing it. dj ashba is kicking butt on this tour. but doing surprise gigs won't change anything. won't make change. im sad gnr isn't the same dangerous band it was in the 90's. the fans deserve change. the one who has the power to make change is axl. he's not changing

Edited by ashbalove

Getting things back on track, does anyone have any questions about the show last night? Ask away...

I take it you didn't ask how much he paid Eric to throw me under the bus?

Too bad. Would like to have seen his answer.

Please stay on topic.

It is on topic.

He chatted with Axl - as shown in the cool pics. So, I wanted to know if he asked him about it.

Kaneda has been a member of this forum for many many years. He knows what happened.

It's a fair question. I - and many others - would like to have known the answer to that.

You need to get over yourself. The guy is hanging out with GNR after an amazing show and you expect him to ask questions about a your moderator position on an internet message board getting revoked? Are you kidding?