MYGNR forum members bands

• 1 month later...

This is my new band, Vvlva: https://vvlva.bandcamp.com/album/silhouettes

Our new album Silhouettes will be released on Oct 18th. but you can listen to one song on Bandcamp already, it's called Night By Night.

As soon as the album is out, you'll be able to listen to the full album on any streaming platform etc. (or just order the beautiful limited marbled vinyl ;))

It's 70s soaked, Hammond Organ-driven hard rock, I also mixed the new record and I tried blending the Old School vibe with a sort of more modern (not really modern though :D) sound to get the "best of both worlds".

I've been in the band for a year now (I'm the drummer), so I'm not playing drums on the older 2 releases.

If you're from Germany or Switzerland and like this stuff, here's our tour dates (with Facebook event links):

18.10. – Aschaffenburg, Vvlva New Album Release Show - supp.: Daal Dazed
25.10. – Hamburg, Vvlva , support: Black&Lupin live at Bar 227
26.10. – Husum, Vvlva | Speicher Husum
27.10. – Berlin, Buddha Sentenza - Vvlva - Rising Dao | Zukunft am Ostkreuz
28.10. – Leipzig, Stö
29.10. – Weimar, 3 Years of OHM Vol.1: Vvlva | free show
30.10. – Passau, Vvlva | Finest Organ Driven Heavy / Psych Rock + The Dirt
31.10. – Olten (CH), Heavy Halloween: High Reeper // Crypt Trip // Vvlva
01.11. – Dortmund, VVLVA in Dortmund
02.11. – Oldenburg, Witch Sabbath Fest 2019
09.11. – Mannheim, World In Sound Happening / feat. Samsara Blues Experiment & more
20.12. – Würzburg, VUG + Vvlva / Dryad
11.01. – Frankfurt, Das Bett (Sky High Festival feat. The Sonic Dawn, more Info tba.)

Enjoy! And like us on FB https://www.facebook.com/vvlva/ and IG https://www.instagram.com/vvlva_band/

Edited by rocco

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been doing some re-contextualized plunderphonic remixes. I've done some stuff like this before but I've never shared them here. I don't know if they'll up anybody's alley here but you never know. It's drug trippy ambient and half glitch. Nothing added on my part, just what was already recorded on his/their end.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 2

On 14/05/2020 at 2:21 AM, Jabberwocky said:

I've been doing some re-contextualized plunderphonic remixes. I've done some stuff like this before but I've never shared them here. I don't know if they'll up anybody's alley here but you never know. It's drug trippy ambient and half glitch. Nothing added on my part, just what was already recorded on his/their end.

Never even heard of Glitch!

• 3 weeks later...

Curious to hear if anyone can relate to this?....

Last night I composed a piece of music that is electronic, hip hop influenced and short. Yet, when I stepped back from it and listened I realized that it was the purest expression of the impact the Grateful Dead have had on me lately. Musically and beyond. 

That is, the ideas and ideals of the Dead have absorbed into my being and naturally came out of me without intention to completely inform this very ‘un-Grateful Dead’ style tune.

i found this to be very profound. 

Like, the influence isn’t there on the chart. And it’s not in the performance - it’s electronic. Something more.

Has anyone had a similar experience, where a band gets into your heart and soul to that extent that the influence can be ‘felt’ even though there is no way to definitively present how it is the music you’ve created is influenced by the band/artist?

Edited by soon

3 hours ago, soon said:

Curious to hear if anyone can relate to this?....

Last night I composed a piece of music that is electronic, hip hop influenced and short. Yet, when I stepped back from it and listened I realized that it was the purest expression of the impact the Grateful Dead have had on me lately. Musically and beyond. 

That is, the ideas and ideals of the Dead have absorbed into my being and naturally came out of me without intention to completely inform this very ‘un-Grateful Dead’ style tune.

i found this to be very profound. 

Like, the influence isn’t there on the chart. And it’s not in the performance - it’s electronic. Something more.

Has anyone had a similar experience, where a band gets into your heart and soul to that extent that the influence can be ‘felt’ even though there is no way to definitively present how it is the music you’ve created is influenced by the band/artist?

Absolutely.  Pretty much everything I do vocally has been influenced by Elvis although I don't sing like him. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little something I threw together tonight. I had a few in me so in no ways is it complete, just a snippet. This is something I'm submitting for a Twin Peaks fan film called Queen Of Hearts. It's very Peaksy but not a complete rip off of Angelo Badalamenti.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Recently I started writing short pieces of guitar music that are basically 'theme music' for characters. Like in Star Wars, a video game, or even like the menu screens on older DVDs. Brief pieces that riff off of one theme. Ive done this sort of thing with digital music, but not on guitar - my home instrument. And the pieces never emerged as themes for anyone or anything. Not so organically.

It just kinda happened and I someone knew that the piece was the theme music for someone I know. Im enjoying this new form so much!! No bridge, no chorus, just motifs and variations. And they can just end. 

Its very meditative to play them a few times in a row. Im now inspired to do some sort of multi media narrative project with them. Im not really a narrative writer though... alway gotta complicate things for myself! lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not a tune but I created a fake shortwave radio recording. A "numbers station" to be exact. I'll link to one as a frame of reference. Anyways, I did this without sampling. No going on to any sound effects websites. All from scratch using old ass Cool Edit Pro and Audacity. I plan on making more for a multimedia ARG project. Enjoy.

Legit numbers station (skip intro 24 seconds in)

My numbers station

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2020 seems to have brought out a lot more content in this section; I know I have been busy - 6 original tracks and 3 covers so far with another 2 close to be being finished by the end of the year. I have seen how prolific @lame ass security has been in 2020 and we have discussed how we get forum members to listen to our stuff.

Seems to me that there is something for everyone's taste in the eclectic mix of original music that is posted here, which probably never gets heard by the vast majority of the forum.

There was a guy who covered Locomotive a while back that got his cover posted in the Discussion and News section, it would be cool if the content posters in this section could get a "Music of the MyGNR Forum" thread in the Discussion and News section once a year where we all got to post a short bio and a link to a playlist featuring our output for the year. 

The new album coming soon thread in D&N depresses the fuck out of me, people still clinging to the hope of new music when right here we have so much cool music that is just going under the radar. Quite a few of the guys who used to post here don't any more, I don't know whether they have moved on or just don't login. Could be a good chance to re-ignite some interest from older users as well!

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

2020 seems to have brought out a lot more content in this section; I know I have been busy - 6 original tracks and 3 covers so far with another 2 close to be being finished by the end of the year. I have seen how prolific @lame ass security has been in 2020 and we have discussed how we get forum members to listen to our stuff.

Seems to me that there is something for everyone's taste in the eclectic mix of original music that is posted here, which probably never gets heard by the vast majority of the forum.

There was a guy who covered Locomotive a while back that got his cover posted in the Discussion and News section, it would be cool if the content posters in this section could get a "Music of the MyGNR Forum" thread in the Discussion and News section once a year where we all got to post a short bio and a link to a playlist featuring our output for the year. 

The new album coming soon thread in D&N depresses the fuck out of me, people still clinging to the hope of new music when right here we have so much cool music that is just going under the radar. Quite a few of the guys who used to post here don't any more, I don't know whether they have moved on or just don't login. Could be a good chance to re-ignite some interest from older users as well!

What do you guys think?

Yeah, I floated a similar idea recently. To have a MyGNR online festival. That idea quickly developed on to 'moving some tracks from this section to the main section for a day or two.' So, yeah, Im for it!

And yeah you, Lame Ass and others have been a real inspiration with the amount of work youve done recently :headbang:

2 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

What do you guys think?

Hell yeah, I'm all for getting people more exposure on here.

• Like 1

First song I've written in a long time called "Ass". This is a submission for Pro-Choice Noise Vol. 2. I was on the first one so why not try for the second time. Anyways here it is. The lyrics in the description. It's about being too self-conscious that you take everything to heart but then realize how much of a fuck up you are.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

First song I've written in a long time called "Ass". This is a submission for Pro-Choice Noise Vol. 2. I was on the first one so why not try for the second time. Anyways here it is. The lyrics in the description. It's about being too self-conscious that you take everything to heart but then realize how much of a fuck up you are.

Very cool, getting some AIC vibe from it. I want to listen again with the lyrics, are they on Soundcloud?