The 'more is more' approach of Chinese Democracy

Rovim

Bumblefoot and Frank ruined CD IMO

I disagree. I think Bumblefoot gave Chinese Democracy the fluidity it needed. Another dimension on top of the foundation Bucket and Robin laid in the form of even more crazy guitar lines to go with Bucket's insanity. (Chinese Democracy - the song comes to mind)

I remember being very worried about his inclusion just before the release, being a huge Buckethead and Robin fan, but after hearing what he added, and really listen to the album until now, I think it was the right choice to add his take on it and I love most of his contributions.

This album was already like a salad of a lot of different styles, so I think because of that and his great talent, adding Ron didn't hurt the quality of the material, it only made it stronger imo.

i agree with this 100%

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my world "Chinese Democracy" is living up the hype! it's a great, original and hard to copy music album. no one had or will have the balls to pull out such a way of production, and for me that rules. every beat and every little sound it's meant to be here so I appreciate each one the moment I can acknowledge it, so, in a way the over layers are interesting because you have to listen to this album may as much time as it needed to come out to catch all it's sound!

not compact? what are you people talking about? each song fits the other and each one stands one it's on! so it's a solid and well arranged album.

the riffs are here, the solos are here, the mean sound is here, the blues, the drama, the tragic, the craziness is here, all what Guns N' Roses stands for, is in this album!

so yes, "more is more" in the sens that this album is a strong rock album, an "normal" evolution of GNR sound, and I always felt that the order of the original albums is the same as their time release, and even the compilations such "Lies" and "The Spaghetti Incident" fill right in GNR sound.

about the title and the song "Chinese Democracy", even thought I know what Axl declared in Vegas when they first play it live, for me it stands as a metaphor for Democracy in general, because what is it really? and for those of you who believe that USA's democracy is way better than China' s one, think again! I know it's hard for you, who were born in USA or the UK or what ever "occidental" country, to understand this, but for me, whom I was born in an Communist country such as Romania, and from the age of 9 I started to leave in a "free" country, meaning after "the fall" of Communism here, and now I'm leaving in a "full democracy", and after I got a historical and critical information on the world(I'm PhD student on History) I can tell you that, when it comes to "DEMOCRACY" is the same all over. just because you got the impression or as the man put it -the illusion- that you are voting freely, it doesn't meant that it's real. think about it, at the end of it all you'll have to chose between to people and two parties(which don't really have big political differences) and you go, as most do, with the candidate whom, at that moment FEEL YOU RIGHT! is it really a democracy when you choose a president or a prime minister but you don't get to choose each member of the government? is it a democracy when major actions such as WAR are not decided by popular vote? this are just examples, and you can find even more...

in my world "Chinese Democracy" is living up the hype! it's a great, original and hard to copy music album. no one had or will have the balls to pull out such a way of production, and for me that rules. every beat and every little sound it's meant to be here so I appreciate each one the moment I can acknowledge it, so, in a way the over layers are interesting because you have to listen to this album may as much time as it needed to come out to catch all it's sound!

not compact? what are you people talking about? each song fits the other and each one stands one it's on! so it's a solid and well arranged album.

the riffs are here, the solos are here, the mean sound is here, the blues, the drama, the tragic, the craziness is here, all what Guns N' Roses stands for, is in this album!

so yes, "more is more" in the sens that this album is a strong rock album, an "normal" evolution of GNR sound, and I always felt that the order of the original albums is the same as their time release, and even the compilations such "Lies" and "The Spaghetti Incident" fill right in GNR sound.

about the title and the song "Chinese Democracy", even thought I know what Axl declared in Vegas when they first play it live, for me it stands as a metaphor for Democracy in general, because what is it really? and for those of you who believe that USA's democracy is way better than China' s one, think again! I know it's hard for you, who were born in USA or the UK or what ever "occidental" country, to understand this, but for me, whom I was born in an Communist country such as Romania, and from the age of 9 I started to leave in a "free" country, meaning after "the fall" of Communism here, and now I'm leaving in a "full democracy", and after I got a historical and critical information on the world(I'm PhD student on History) I can tell you that, when it comes to "DEMOCRACY" is the same all over. just because you got the impression or as the man put it -the illusion- that you are voting freely, it doesn't meant that it's real. think about it, at the end of it all you'll have to chose between to people and two parties(which don't really have big political differences) and you go, as most do, with the candidate whom, at that moment FEEL YOU RIGHT! is it really a democracy when you choose a president or a prime minister but you don't get to choose each member of the government? is it a democracy when major actions such as WAR are not decided by popular vote? this are just examples, and you can find even more...

Good post until the political rant starting in the second paragraph. I gotta disagree with you there bro.

Seriously?????

Do you honestly think it's the label somehow holding up the release?????

The record company doesn't make any money by rejecting records - THEY ONLY GET PAID BY ALBUM SALES - which, BTW, can't happen unless the album is released. :crazy:

Their only interest is in getting the music out as quickly as possible.

W. Axl Rose is the lone hold-up.

I would have thought that would be patently obvious to everyone here after what's gone on for the past 17 years.

Yes, I believe it is.

People have said that the label thought it was too rushed or something. If they don't think the album will sell well and it needs tweaking, then they'll reject it. They aren't going to release music thrown together in a week.

But I don't think that's the problem with Guns N' Roses. I think the problem is that the music industry hates Guns and vice versa.

Thats nineties logic bro.

CD1 demonstrated that GNR franchise generates tremendous sales on the name of the band alone, no additional promotion required.

Of course theyd put out the second album, right about now or so. or in the spring.

trouble is, there is no second album. not atleast before its recorded.

I find it hard to believe the band is just going to throw away all the songs from the CD sessions.

I believe there's an album made and ready to be released. Not saying it's a fact or anything, just what I believe. An perhaps my beliefs are being biased by my wants.

I think record labels sending albums back is more common than we know. I'v heard artist say the label sending back albums saying its missing that hit song or making them add a radio freindly song/single. Hank Williams III has to go to court everytime he releases an album cause the label says its not country enough.

I think with the old GNR sound, the formula for the classic GNR songs are pretty much - decent intro/riff, material people can relate to, a mini solo,and a main solo.

The problem with alot of the Chi Dem songs is that they dont have great a great intro. Plus the subject matter (which is fairly self indulgent), will fly over the casual listeners head if it isn't that catchy.

that's your opinion. I for one, think they have great intros and catchy too! I've just check them all out, least to have it are the first 2 songs, but that's debatable. but for the rest of the songs, they got it! no question. no discussion about it. at least with me. B)