DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy didn't do much in the studio according to legend for uyi. I think alluded to this in the chats. Izzy didn't want to work with Slash. This could be why illusions sound isn't as full. Although izzy wrote those songs he wasn't that happy with direction of band. So he went his own way? Slash was somehow coming between Axl n Izzy. This is all just reading between the lines. Maybe way off.

So I think it's izzys willingness to compromise his songs for Gnr that is key to a reunion. This the core or oil they need. In my opinion lol

It was great to see Duff on stage with Axl. I agree with the previous people who pointed out the lack of interaction between the two. Even though Axl previously said he would have no problem having Duff on stage he didn't exactly seem welcoming. The first time in around 18 years or so these guys play live together and no hug, did they even shake hands, or say, "It is great to see you?"

I am hoping Duff shares this moment in his Seattle Weekly column. Would like to get the inside dope.

Wow!

Okay i know this doesnt mean a full reunion is going to happen but...

Ill say this the new band are saints for the abuse they put up with and how they handle the old band stuff, they know what the old band accomplished and that it would be cool if they could all just get along. look at ron and tommys body language toward duff during and after YCBM trying to make him feel welcome, stand up guys all of them.

I use the analogy all the time talking to friends about the GNR situation but i always thought of it as "just cause mom and dad got divorced doesn't mean you need to pick sides" I love the old band and the new band but i gotta say a few gigs with axl and slash together i think would not only be a steller event for us fans but it makes sense for axl in as much as it would show he isnt as hateful and stubborn as some would like to think. he proved he isnt a sell out by how he dealt with the band and got his own record out and i think its now time to put all this shit between him and slash behind him.

didnt adler say that when he bumped into axl and the guys they were telling him they should put the old band back and when he said it to axl he laughed

IF a reunion was possible i think that those guys especially tommy can say well we put everything we had into this, put out an amazing record that we believed in and had a blast touring showing the world what we're made of and maybe its time to let Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy Adler, Matt and to an extent Dizzy take care of some unfinished buisness, after that who knows.

I love this band, the shows and Chinese Democracy are a blast and i understand why axl decided he would rather work with guys he liked and respected, also endlessly talented and cool individuals, than just keep rolling out with a bunch of guys who cant stand each other and i think in doing that they accomplished something unique and valid, but now........i feel a change is a coming.

I like Mark Canters idea of the old and new band both playing the shows like half each. imagine slash on jungle, bucket on twat, robin on better, all the while axls still there.

i know its all just talk but as much as anyone can say they dont THINK it can happen nobody can say they KNOW it wont happen.

Wow!

Ill say this the new band are saints for the abuse they put up with and how they handle the old band stuff, they know what the old band accomplished and that it would be cool if they could all just get along. look at ron and tommys body language toward duff during and after YCBM trying to make him feel welcome, stand up guys all of them.

I use the analogy all the time talking to friends about the GNR situation but i always thought of it as "just cause mom and dad got divorced doesn't mean you need to pick sides" I love the old band and the new band but i gotta say a few gigs with axl and slash together i think would not only be a steller event for us fans but it makes sense for axl in as much as it would show he isnt as hateful and stubborn as some would like to think. he proved he isnt a sell out by how he dealt with the band and got his own record out and i think its now time to put all this shit between him and slash behind him.

didnt adler say that when he bumped into axl and the guys they were telling him they should put the old band back and when he said it to axl he laughed

IF a reunion was possible i think that those guys especially tommy can say well we put everything we had into this, put out an amazing record that we believed in and had a blast touring showing the world what we're made of and maybe its time to let Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy Adler, Matt and to an extent Dizzy take care of some unfinished buisness, after that who knows.

I love this band, the shows and Chinese Democracy are a blast and i understand why axl decided he would rather work with guys he liked and respected, also endlessly talented and cool individuals, than just keep rolling out with a bunch of guys who cant stand each other and i think in doing that they accomplished something unique and valid, but now........i feel a change is a coming.

I like Mark Canters idea of the old and new band both playing the shows like half each. imagine slash on jungle, bucket on twat, robin on better, all the while axls still there.

i know its all just talk but as much as anyone can say they dont THINK it can happen nobody can say they KNOW it wont happen.

if the whole thing wher old band new band played together i wouldnt have bucket,fink or brain play, only current band cause they rock alot harder than previous member i never thought of gnr as a real band when those members are playing. now on the other hand i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.bravewords.com/news/148750?

Check out the link. Should be Duff talking about Thursday night. I cant access at work so if somebody could fill me in that would be cool

nope, they showed clips of old interviews where duff and slash talked about axl/gn'r. well, duff did, slash said "we don't talk about axl, if you want to talk about axl, go ask axl" :rofl-lol:

Wow!

if the whole thing wher old band new band played together i wouldnt have bucket,fink or brain play, only current band cause they rock alot harder than previous member i never thought of gnr as a real band when those members are playing. now on the other hand i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, only mentioned bucket and robin cause they are former members who could make an appearence. seen this band at leeds in august and you aint wrong rock3