Documentaries

kevdo242

I'm skipping all things Ken Burns, American Masters, and Classic Albums,even though they're well made.

Anvil, American Pimp,Brothers At War,Some Kind of Monster,Paradise Lost,Grey Gardens,Gimme Shelter,Don't Look Back

Depeche Mode 101 (you'll see where the reality TV genre came from).When They Were Kings,Grizzly Man,Burden of Dreams,Journeys With George,Enron - The Smartest men in the Room,Super Size Me,Pumping Iron,Gates of Heaven, Fast Cheap & Out of Control, Thin Blue Line, Fog Of War,Hearts of Darkness,Marjoe

Man on Wire,When You're Strange,Beyond the Lighted Stage,Murderball.Streetwise.Tyson,Shine A Light is almost as good as The Last Waltz,No Direction Home

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart,Amazing Journey, even though The Kids Are Alright is still great. ,New York Doll,Dig and Hype... ,We Jam Econo

Decline Of Western Civilization 1 and 2. ,End of the Century,Meeting People Is Easy.Woodstock

Runnin' Down a Dream Blood Into Wine (coming out on DVD this week) ,4 Little Girls,The Cove,Harlan County USA,About A Son,This Is It

The Promise,Fearless Freaks,The Future is Unwritten/Westway To the World,Filth and the FuryDevil and Daniel Johnston,Beatles Anthology,Buena Vista Social Club

Standing in the Shadows of Motown,It Might Get Loud,The US vs John Lennon,Shut Up And Sing,Hail Hail Rock and Roll,Trekkies,Young@Heart

Crumb,American Movie,John Hustron's WWII war documentaries San Pietro and Let There Be Light.,Lost in La Mancha,Stanley Kubrick - A Life in Pictures, Boxes

Winged Migration,Rattle and Hum,Comedian ,Beyond the Mat,I'm Your Man,Eyes of Tammy Faye,Wild Man Blues

Bukowski: Born Into This ,This Film Is Not Yet Rated,Mondovino, Last Play At Shea (out in theaters)

The Bridge, An Unreasonable Man,Cocaine CowboysRoman Polanski - Wanted and Desired,A Decade Under the Influence,I Trust You To Kill Me,LoudQUIETloud

Smash His Camera, The Mayor of Sunset Strip

Guest Len B'stard

The Nazis: A Warning from History (10 hours long i think but also brilliant)

i watched this over the weekend and it was great. thanks for the suggestion. fyi, it was 6 - 45. min episodes, but it really flew by. the series was very well paced. just today i watched the last 3 episodes in a row, couldn't stop.

i found it much more engaging than ken burns : the war, that was 7 parts and at times i really had to force myself to watch it.

i just downloaded "beefs", i watched 2 seconds (literally) to make sure it was what i was looking for, it is, and i loled. im not sure what 2 seconds i saw, but it was hilarious nonetheless.

Did you see the bit where they catch up that lady that ratted out that other lady for being a jew or a jew conspirator or whatever and they find that fuckin document which she's basically signed for the gestapo, like a statement saying that the woman was unsavoury. And she's all like "i don't remember" its AHHHHHHHHH!!! what a fuckin cop out man, just fuckin admit what you done...scary doc tho..

Just watched Chris Rock's "Good Hair"... it's insane what people will pay for hair regardless of their economic status, and interesting where it comes from. He's great at documentaries, needs to do more of those and stand ups.

Also recently saw the Hank Williams doc with Hank Jr and Hank III in it, also good.

Fog of War was an excellent documentary. Watching McNamara, one of the most powerful men of the 20th century giving a detailed recollection some of the major events he had a hand in, went from enlightening and thought-provoking, to downright eerie and depressing. The statistics related to the fire bombing of Japan was horrific.

Listening to him rationalize some of his actions, or misdirect the blame, was obnoxious at times.

Edited by AbominableHoman

I hate Michael Moore.

thats pretty strong.

why?

so many right wingers hate michael moore.

you really hate him?

he once made a comment, "ive never said i hate george bush, yet all these people say they hate me". you dont hear him ranting about hating glen beck, yet glenn beck once described killing michael moore and said he would have no problem / remorse (

) yet they all hate him, and do so publicly.

i think it says a lot about the personalities and perspectives involved.

yeah honky, side with johnny utah, thats brilliant :thumbsup:

Edited by Jackie Moon

Just watched Chris Rock's "Good Hair"... it's insane what people will pay for hair regardless of their economic status, and interesting where it comes from. He's great at documentaries, needs to do more of those and stand ups.

I can't believe I neglected to pimp GH in this thread! It's so good. :heart:

Also recently saw the Hank Williams doc with Hank Jr and Hank III in it, also good.

What was then name of that Hank Williams one?

I just watched Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage and really enjoyed it. They are so down to earth, loyal to each other and incredibly talented. How they maintained their simple outlook and at the same time evolved in their talent and their sound is a great story. The only goofy part is Sebastian Bach :)

Great doc for Rush fans.

my favorite interviewee (for all the wrong reasons) has been mack 10.

favorite scene is with game in compton in beef III

favorite beef was probably nelly and chingy cause that was hilarious, again, for all the wrong reasons.

lil flip is my least liked, game my most.

Edited by Jackie Moon

What was then name of that Hank Williams one?

I know I was trying to avoid "American Masters" but I think it was part of that series. It should be easy to find on Amazon and IMDB.

Also liked Dogtown and Z Boys...

• 3 weeks later...

I hate Michael Moore.

thats pretty strong.

why?

you really hate him?

he once made a comment, "ive never said i hate george bush, yet all these people say they hate me". you dont hear him ranting about hating glen beck, yet glenn beck once described killing michael moore and said he would have no problem / remorse (

I hate him cause he's a communist piece of trash who hates America and who is helping degrade the Democratic Party, along with the likes of Pelosi, Reid, etc. All doing great damage to my party and it pisses me off.

He's a fat fuckin commie hypocrite. The guy complains about Haliburton, yet has Haliburton stock.

And as for the Fog of War...Why are the fire bombings of Japan horrifying? It was war. They were brutal people as well. No apologizing for America.

moor.jpg

I hate Michael Moore.

thats pretty strong.

why?

you really hate him?

I hate him cause he's a communist piece of trash who hates America and who is helping degrade the Democratic Party, along with the likes of Pelosi, Reid, etc. All doing great damage to my party and it pisses me off.

He's a fat fuckin commie hypocrite. The guy complains about Haliburton, yet has Haliburton stock.

And as for the Fog of War...Why are the fire bombings of Japan horrifying? It was war. They were brutal people as well. No apologizing for America.

Did you even get the message of of the movie? Proportionality.

I hate him cause he's a communist piece of trash who hates America

thats as far as im willing to read. :facepalm:

anyone who starts an argument against Michael Moore with "he hates America!!" should have his opinion card revoked.

---

i dont want this to be missed, it was a great documentary:

Youtube Hero : The Winnebago Man

awesome documentary on the worlds angriest man.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Michael Moore says to build Ground Zero Mosque LITERALLY on Ground Zero:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqv338nMTw4

i saw nothing wrong with that video... i think he was making a point more than anything.

muslims didnt attack the world trade center, assholes did. are you going to ban starbucks too?

and michael moore obviously doesn't hate america. dont you see how terrible of an argument that is? something that is blatantly not true?

like "yeah i hate mel gibson, he such a jew"

Edited by Jackie Moon

Fog of War was an excellent documentary. Watching McNamara, one of the most powerful men of the 20th century giving a detailed recollection some of the major events he had a hand in, went from enlightening and thought-provoking, to downright eerie and depressing. The statistics related to the fire bombing of Japan was horrific.

Listening to him rationalize some of his actions, or misdirect the blame, was obnoxious at times.

Just saw this (thanks to this thread - thank you guys!) and it was incredible. Hair-raising. Might just be the best documentary I've ever seen. Must watch.