DUFF MCKAGAN Says It Was 'Great' Playing With AXL ROSE And The New GUNS N' ROSES - Oct. 21, 2010

justmike66

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe the whole met up thing.

Next year....mark my words.

Okay.....if within a year the original GnR reunite....I'll leave this site forever. If they dont, then you leave this site forever.

Sound like a deal?

No. I have no problem with you or anyone else posting here.

It is what I think **shrugs** It isn't like it's a strectch.

Either it happens or it doesn't.

I know, I have no problem with you or either posters either. Hell, I kinda like you. But I thought this would be a fun way to bring the stakes up.

Its excellent that Duff and Axl have sorted their differences. We've learnt in recent years that Axl has reconciled with Duff, Matt, Steven and Izzy. The only exception is Slash, and the only way that they will reconcile is if Slash makes the approach to Axl, which is highly unlikely to see.

Unfortunately for Slash, he has an ego. Like Steven Adler, Slash's mouth can get him into trouble a lot. He even admitted this in his book, after he made some remarks about the Kiss guitar player while he was working with Guns N Roses right before Appetite for Destruction.

Slash did meet with Axl in 2005 at his home. Slash can deny it as much as he likes, but Slash did go to Axl's home and apologised for everything and asked to move on. Axl said he was happy with this and took his work, only to hear Slash come out afterwards and continue to remark poorly about Axl.

Slash dug his own hole. He's the only one who can make the approach to Axl. Would he lower his pride and ego to do that? Highly doubtful.

Its excellent that Duff and Axl have sorted their differences. We've learnt in recent years that Axl has reconciled with Duff, Matt, Steven and Izzy. The only exception is Slash, and the only way that they will reconcile is if Slash makes the approach to Axl, which is highly unlikely to see.

Unfortunately for Slash, he has an ego. Like Steven Adler, Slash's mouth can get him into trouble a lot. He even admitted this in his book, after he made some remarks about the Kiss guitar player while he was working with Guns N Roses right before Appetite for Destruction.

Slash did meet with Axl in 2005 at his home. Slash can deny it as much as he likes, but Slash did go to Axl's home and apologised for everything and asked to move on. Axl said he was happy with this and took his work, only to hear Slash come out afterwards and continue to remark poorly about Axl.

Slash dug his own hole. He's the only one who can make the approach to Axl. Would he lower his pride and ego to do that? Highly doubtful.

How do you know they met in 2005? Why couldn't they reconcile?

Slash admitted in his book about him going to Axl's home in 2005 to sort out differences. Axl confirmed this in 2006 via a press release confirming Slash wanted to settle differences.

However following that meeting Slash filed a lawsuit against Axl for not paying royalties, which turned out to be a clerical error.

Slash merely had to pick up the phone and this clerical error would have been sorted with Axl. However Slash went the cheap road, via the media, and initiating court action.

Axl is actually quite reasonable and was obviously dissapointed that Slash, and actually Duff, simply didnt make a phone call and this error would have been sorted.

Edited by shakamaker

Slash admitted in his book about him going to Axl's home in 2005 to sort out differences. Axl confirmed this in 2006 via a press release confirming Slash wanted to settle differences.

However following that meeting Slash filed a lawsuit against Axl for not paying royalties, which turned out to be a clerical error.

Both Slash and Duff filed that lawsuit. And Slash and Axl did not speak that night. Slash spoke to the lady of the house.

Edited by sleeper

Both Slash and Duff filed that lawsuit.

Yes, very correct.

Its good to see that Duff and Axl have put those petty issues aside and are, at best, friends again.

Duff now has his number again and it is quite likely we will see Duff at a few shows with Axl in future.

The chances of Slash making "Guest appearances" with new GNR would only be possible if Slash sets up a meeting with Axl via Duff. This is possible. For this to happen, Slash needs to eat humble pie and do some serious apologising.

On the same token, Axl also needs to apologise for some of the nasty things he's said about Slash in recent years.

I'm certain that Axl doesnt mean some of the things he has said (Slash being a cancer). Axl was obviously very bitter at times and vented his frustrations.

Duff has made the right move and should be commended.

"Both Slash and Duff filed that lawsuit. And Slash and Axl did not speak that night. Slash spoke to the lady of the house."

I tend to believe Axl's take of events only for the simple fact that Slash has changed his story numerous times of the incident.

Slash's initial reaction was that he went there to hand in a note. Years later in his book he said that he was heavily intoxicated and that his wife Perla drove him to Axl's house to settle differences.

Slash didn't want to admit that he had a soft side and tried to make peace with Axl. All comes back down to pride and ego.

Do you think Duff told Slash he was going to go on stage, or maybe eat dinner with Axl and Slash said, "Cool Duff, see if you can smooth some shit over so that Axl might change his tune about a reunion..." There is no way Duff hasn't picked up the phone to his best friend Slash yet. I bet they give it a few months and make their approach to Axl in early 2011, then take it from there.. Maybe VR can tour their next album for a 2012 true GNR reunion! Or maybe Axl is the next singer of VR... HAHAHAHAHA

Do you think Duff told Slash he was going to go on stage, or maybe eat dinner with Axl and Slash said, "Cool Duff, see if you can smooth some shit over so that Axl might change his tune about a reunion..." There is no way Duff hasn't picked up the phone to his best friend Slash yet. I bet they give it a few months and make their approach to Axl in early 2011, then take it from there.. Maybe VR can tour their next album for a 2012 true GNR reunion! Or maybe Axl is the next singer of VR... HAHAHAHAHA

Don't want to go into too much but Slash was quite aware that Duff was going to jam with Guns N Roses before he went on stage. There were hours to kill between the time Duff and Axl reconciled and before then went on stage together hours later.

Plus Duff was backstage for most of the show before he came on. He would have texted Slash and Matt without a doubt.

I doubt Slash would have cared

I just wanna know how much reunion tickets would go for...particularly premium seats up front. I bet they'd cost an arm and a fuckin' leg.

On the topic of a reunion, if one was to happen it would probably only be around 10 shows, followed by the release of live CDs and DVDs on the reunion. A deal like that would still be worth around $300million. They'd go for it.

After those 10 shows they can all go back to their prime gigs. Everybody would be happy.

Don't want to go into too much but Slash was quite aware that Duff was going to jam with Guns N Roses before he went on stage. There were hours to kill between the time Duff and Axl reconciled and before then went on stage together hours later.

Plus Duff was backstage for most of the show before he came on. He would have texted Slash and Matt without a doubt.

I agree Slash knew in advance. He was probably happy that it happened for Axl and Duff. Only time will tell what will happen next. I wonder what Slash will say when he is asked in an interview about Duff's appearance.

Edited by sleeper

There's going to be people who are going to try to get Slash and Axl in the same place. I'm sure people have tried.

I'm sure Slash has other things to deal with right now.... I wouldn't give a shit about an old feud if I was about to give half my f**king money over to my soon to be ex. If Axl wanted to do a below the belt move to Slash, he'd dress up as Santa and put Slash's kid on his lap, with Perla dressed up as his helper.

There's going to be people who are going to try to get Slash and Axl in the same place. I'm sure people have tried.

I'm sure Slash has other things to deal with right now.... I wouldn't give a shit about an old feud if I was about to give half my f**king money over to my soon to be ex. If Axl wanted to do a below the belt move to Slash, he'd dress up as Santa and put Slash's kid on his lap, with Perla dressed up as his helper.

Perla and Slash have gotten back together.

I just wanna know how much reunion tickets would go for...particularly premium seats up front. I bet they'd cost an arm and a fuckin' leg.

On the topic of a reunion, if one was to happen it would probably only be around 10 shows, followed by the release of live CDs and DVDs on the reunion. A deal like that would still be worth around $300million. They'd go for it.

After those 10 shows they can all go back to their prime gigs. Everybody would be happy.

You seem to know more than you're letting on.....

You seem to know more than you're letting on.....

I was thinking the samething shakamaker and you started posting tonight. I think only like 4 post?

Yes, very correct.

Its good to see that Duff and Axl have put those petty issues aside and are, at best, friends again.

Duff now has his number again and it is quite likely we will see Duff at a few shows with Axl in future.

The chances of Slash making "Guest appearances" with new GNR would only be possible if Slash sets up a meeting with Axl via Duff. This is possible. For this to happen, Slash needs to eat humble pie and do some serious apologising.

On the same token, Axl also needs to apologise for some of the nasty things he's said about Slash in recent years.

I'm certain that Axl doesnt mean some of the things he has said (Slash being a cancer). Axl was obviously very bitter at times and vented his frustrations.

Duff has made the right move and should be commended.

"Both Slash and Duff filed that lawsuit. And Slash and Axl did not speak that night. Slash spoke to the lady of the house."

I tend to believe Axl's take of events only for the simple fact that Slash has changed his story numerous times of the incident.

Slash's initial reaction was that he went there to hand in a note. Years later in his book he said that he was heavily intoxicated and that his wife Perla drove him to Axl's house to settle differences.

Slash didn't want to admit that he had a soft side and tried to make peace with Axl. All comes back down to pride and ego.

showing up drunk...ya, great way to patch things up

Edited by RJ88

You can end those rumors. Slash was in New York at the time

do you know why duff was in the uk ?

Business purposes, as he stated. Nothing music related. It was seriously by chance that they were staying at the same hotel. I believe hotel staff alerted Axl that Duff was staying on the same floor and they crossed paths in the hallway.

I wouldn't doubt if Slash was in London too. He probably attended the Ronnie Wood show with Duff..

Holy shit, let the rumors begin..... Especially since Slash is on Ronnie's new album.

You can end those rumors. Slash was in New York at the time

Love the inside info... You don't have to say it, I am putting the pieces together... Duff let Slash in on the meeting, Duff and his coolness will smooth things over with Axl and Slash, its just a matter of time now. Was Axl impressed with Slash's playing on the most recent tour, so much so he wanted him back in the fold? Why now? Okay, could all be a chance happening..