DUFF MCKAGAN Says It Was 'Great' Playing With AXL ROSE And The New GUNS N' ROSES - Oct. 21, 2010

justmike66

Listened to them playing Nice boys again...Axl sounds incredible!!! There is a moment there when Duff walks towards him smiling. I'm sure that it registered that Axl truly is one of a kind. I wonder if it crossed his mind that Scott Weiland doesn't hold a candle to Axl. I wish the guy interviewing him had asked him about what he thought it was like, hearing Axl sing again - that would have been really interesting.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cancer boy is not even good enough to jam with BBF or Ashba whoever's playing guitar for Axl this year :shrugs:

but good enough to jam with Les Paul, B.B. King, Steve Stevens, Neal Schon, Lee Ritenour, Steve Lukather, Vai, Jeff Healey, Jeff Beck, Joe Perry etc... :xmassrudolph:

Can any of those guitar players play Shackler's? NO they were good for their time. Stop fooling yourself and just admit Axl is like Dave Mustaine, he only hires the best. Besides John Mayer kicked cancer boy's ass when they jammed with ZZ Top. and that was just embarrassing. I'm embarrassed that he ever played with GN'R. It's all Tracii's fault :anger:

Anybody who believes that Slash would jam with the current line-up of GNR is seriously deluded. Slash is a GNR purist. He has stated many times that he is only interested in reuniting if it's with the five guys who made AFD.

You are never going to see Slash share a stage with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba.

cancer boy is not even good enough to jam with BBF or Ashba :shrugs:

The guy lost his mom because of cancer and you're using this trying to be a funny guy in a fan forum. You should die for being such a child. Stupid fuck.

You're no better for telling him to "die," you self-righteous prick. :)

Spot on. Besides his mother has nothing to do with him being a cancer in GN'R. If anything his mother was actually cool unlike him.

What are you gonna do if a reunion happens? Are you gonna stick to your guns and quit liking the band because they have a "shit" guitarist? Or are you going to do a magical reversal of opinion and hope no one remembers what you said?

Edited by Nintari

Stop fooling yourself and just admit Axl is like Dave Mustaine, he only hires the best.

:thumbsup: That's right! And that's why Dave "reunited" with Kerry King yesterday! :)

ironically that's another band that did its best work with a long term stable lineup in the late 80s early 90s

Stop fooling yourself and just admit Axl is like Dave Mustaine, he only hires the best.

:thumbsup: That's right! And that's why Dave "reunited" with Kerry King yesterday! :)

ironically that's another band that did its best work with a long term stable lineup in the late 80s early 90s

Bullshit. United Abomination destoys their their really early work and you know it.

that's the early/mid 80s, I wasn't talking about that. System Has Failed is the better reunion album though.

(...) Axl and I just sort of met up, we saw each other and we hugged. I went down to the gig with him (...).

As a fan it's great to hear this :wub:

Duff and Axl aren't working in the same band, but at least they could be together as ¨old friends¨.

Well, now things are ok, Loaded could open for GNR :D

In terms of commercial success, yes, it's indisputable. But as far as personal preferences go, it's quite questionable.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Bullshit. United Abomination destoys their their really early work and you know it. Mustaine has matured a great deal personally and musically.

I cannot agree. :shrugs: Let alone there's Mr. Glen Drover, that's when Dave evidently started ripping off himself and some others. I don't say it's a bad record.

cancer boy is not even good enough to jam with BBF or Ashba whoever's playing guitar for Axl this year :shrugs:

but good enough to jam with Les Paul, B.B. King, Steve Stevens, Neal Schon, Lee Ritenour, Steve Lukather, Vai, Jeff Healey, Jeff Beck, Joe Perry etc... :xmassrudolph:

Can any of those guitar players play Shackler's? NO they were good for their time. Stop fooling yourself and just admit Axl is like Dave Mustaine, he only hires the best. Besides John Mayer kicked cancer boy's ass when they jammed with ZZ Top. and that was just embarrassing. I'm embarrassed that he ever played with GN'R. It's all Tracii's fault :anger:

Anybody who believes that Slash would jam with the current line-up of GNR is seriously deluded. Slash is a GNR purist. He has stated many times that he is only interested in reuniting if it's with the five guys who made AFD.

You are never going to see Slash share a stage with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba.

cancer boy is not even good enough to jam with BBF or Ashba :shrugs:

The guy lost his mom because of cancer and you're using this trying to be a funny guy in a fan forum. You should die for being such a child. Stupid fuck.

You're no better for telling him to "die," you self-righteous prick. :)

Spot on. Besides his mother has nothing to do with him being a cancer in GN'R. If anything his mother was actually cool unlike him.

What are you gonna do if a reunion happens? Are you gonna stick to your guns and quit liking the band because they have a "shit" guitarist? Or are you going to do a magical reversal of opinion and hope no one remembers what you said?

I do not support a reunion and never want to hear that word when it comes to GNR. Its so stupid because it is an imposibility.

If I get warped into a different dimension and a reunion happens I will just watch old videos 2001-current and listen to CD. As it is I dont even listen to AFD, LIES, UYI, GH (what a piece of shit) Live ERA or TSI because the current lineup puts all those efforts to shame.

Haha...ok then. Atleast you're a man of conviction.

would like to get a slash comment on this , i found it curious that when asked about a gnr reunion he mentions his kids , buisness , and loaded ... no VR mention :shrugs:

that's not strange at all

VR hasn't existed since April 2008 when Weiland left/was fired. For more than a year they just fooled their fans that they were doing sth to find a singer. But the reality showed that they couldn't care less: Duff has Loaded, was in Jane's Addiction, Slash went solo, Matt has Camp Freddy, clothes and promotes his chick etc. They don't give a fuck about VR.

that's not strange at all

VR hasn't existed since April 2008 when Weiland left/was fired. For more than a year they just fooled their fans that they were doing sth to find a singer. But the reality showed that they couldn't care less: Duff has Loaded, was in Jane's Addiction, Slash went solo, Matt has Camp Freddy, clothes and promotes his chick etc. They don't give a fuck about VR.

i found it strange because of this from oct 11 th ....

SLASH: 'VELVET REVOLVER Is Back Together Jamming, Trying Out Singers' - Oct. 11, 2010

VELVET REVOLVER is back together jamming, trying out singers. No updates yet. But it's great to hook up with Duff [McKagan], Matt [sorum] and Dave [Kushner] after all this time. I'll keep you posted on any interesting developments from those sessions as they happen. But the creative juices are definitely flowing. I'm positive something awesome is going to surface soon.

oh really? they've been saying that for 2 and a half years already... nothing new.

they tried a zillion singers until now and what? nobody was suitable? or are they waiting for Steven Tyler to come for an audition?

and Duff is releasing a second Loaded record soon...

Edited by DrDrei

I just wanna know how much reunion tickets would go for...particularly premium seats up front. I bet they'd cost an arm and a fuckin' leg.

On the topic of a reunion, if one was to happen it would probably only be around 10 shows, followed by the release of live CDs and DVDs on the reunion. A deal like that would still be worth around $300million. They'd go for it.

After those 10 shows they can all go back to their prime gigs. Everybody would be happy.

New Guns would be officially dead if the old band reunited. Even if for just one gig. Nobody would put up with this new band stuff if they knew Axl was now happy to tour with the old guys. A reunion would signify the complete death of New Guns and probably in the end the death of GNR altogether because I couldn't see them working together for that long...

ok, back to topic now

Duff is a great guy, and it's awesome that after Izzy, now he played with Axl and GNR

I just can't understand these guys in the studio saying that: it would be great for every classic line-up member to make a reunion, that they would all benefit from that kinda thing, and that it can well happen in the foreseeable future, if they all just try blabla

They didn't even mention Axl discussing that. It's funny because only Axl, as an owner to the rights to GNR name, can decide whether a reunion is gonna happen or not. And one more thing, only Axl would not benefit from the reunion, because if it happens, then all his efforts during Chinese Democracy era would be wasted. And he will be accused for doing it only for money, and he does not care much for money. So basically this would ruin his reputation, and the 17 years of trying to prove to people that he does not need Slash and other former members to be successful in music industy.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

show me another record in the US, that sold that amount, and didn't have even one music video made.

stupid journalists

Edited by DrDrei

ok, back to topic now

Duff is a great guy, and it's awesome that after Izzy, now he played with Axl and GNR

I just can't understand these guys in the studio saying that: it would be great for every classic line-up member to make a reunion, that they would all benefit from that kinda thing, and that it can well happen in the foreseeable future, if they all just try blabla

They didn't even mention Axl discussing that. It's funny because only Axl, as an owner to the rights to GNR name, can decide whether a reunion is gonna happen or not. And one more thing, only Axl would not benefit from the reunion, because if it happens, then all his efforts during Chinese Democracy era would be wasted. And he will be accused for doing it only for money, and he does not care much for money. So basically this would ruin his reputation, and the 17 years of trying to prove to people that he does not need Slash and other former members to be successful in music industy.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

show me another record in the US, that sold that amount, and didn't have even one music video made.

stupid journalists

That's how I feel, If Axl reunited with the original band, he would be throwing away everything he did and played with the last 17 years down the drian, it would all be a waste.

Axl doesn't have really anything to gain with a reunion besides media priase, he can care less about that, and money, he has enough. If anything, I bet a GN'R reunion is the least thing on his mind these days.

ok, back to topic now

stupid journalists

That's how I feel, If Axl reunited with the original band, he would be throwing away everything he did and played with the last 17 years down the drian, it would all be a waste.

Axl doesn't have really anything to gain with a reunion besides media priase, he can care less about that, and money, he has enough. If anything, I bet a GN'R reunion is the least thing on his mind these days.

personally I think this opinion is bullshit "Axl doesn't have really anything to gain with a reunion besides media priase, he can care less about that, and money, he has enough."

what about the 30+million people that bought AFD or the other 30+million that bought the Illusion albums..........you talk about media praise and money but you leave out the most vital component which are the fans, b/c without them, there is NO MONEY.

Axl does a reunion and he gains back some of the millions of fans he lost, some of the reputation he threw away, and a measure of respectability in the media. Otherwise, GnR stays what it is, pretty much a non-entity compared to what it was.....