The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises” and though the Gotham City auteur isn’t ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.

This is so exciting..Black Mask has always been my favourite batman villian, hope Nolan uses him.

Doubt it though

Link

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zsasz could be interesting as the next villain. Batman hunting down a serial killer. Firefly could be interesting too, if done the right way. Hugo Strange would be cool too. I wonder who it'll end up being.....

He was actually in Batman Begins as one of the Arkham Asylum inmates. So they could definitely use him, I think that would be awesome.

edt

378px-Zsasz_2.jpg

As long as he looked something more like this rather than this

ZsaszBooth.jpg

Edited by David_Bowie

Zsasz could be interesting as the next villain. Batman hunting down a serial killer. Firefly could be interesting too, if done the right way. Hugo Strange would be cool too. I wonder who it'll end up being.....

He was actually in Batman Begins as one of the Arkham Asylum inmates. So they could definitely use him, I think that would be awesome.

edt

378px-Zsasz_2.jpg

As long as he looked something more like this rather than this

ZsaszBooth.jpg

Fuck off. Tim Booth is god.

The title applies to that line from Harvey Dent about how the night is darkest just before dawn...when the night rises. Get it?!

They probably couldn't use "Dark Knight Returns" because of the copyright issues.

I think Hardy will be a great villain but it will be so, so hard to top the iconic clash of Batman and the Joker. It's pretty much the most famous pair of comic book rivals in history...and if they go for another more obscure villain like they did in Batman Begins (who really has a clue who Black Mask is beyond Batman fans?) it might be harder to up the ante on the hype that Dark Knight had.

But I have faith in Nolan that he'll deliver nothing less than a great movie. He's stunningly consistent.

I think Hardy will be a great villain but it will be so, so hard to top the iconic clash of Batman and the Joker. It's pretty much the most famous pair of comic book rivals in history...and if they go for another more obscure villain like they did in Batman Begins (who really has a clue who Black Mask is beyond Batman fans?) it might be harder to up the ante on the hype that Dark Knight had.

I know that this doesn't matter, but they aren't - Superman and Lex Luthor are the most famous.

just couldn't let that slid..

The title applies to that line from Harvey Dent about how the night is darkest just before dawn...when the night rises. Get it?!

They probably couldn't use "Dark Knight Returns" because of the copyright issues.

But I have faith in Nolan that he'll deliver nothing less than a great movie. He's stunningly consistent.

Yeah, Nolan is a deity of dark epic gritty angstiness.

:rofl-lol:

I know that this doesn't matter, but they aren't - Superman and Lex Luthor are the most famous.

just couldn't let that slid..

I just disagree. Maybe a few years back, but nowadays - especially with this generation - I think The Joker is way more popular/relevant than Lex Luthor.

Yeah, Nolan is a deity of dark epic gritty angstiness.

:rofl-lol:

You're such an awful poster and an even worse troll. Why do you persist?

Go make a thread about mustaches for the 10,024th time.

He is? I thought Batman Begins was awful. The Dark Knight was very good though.

I think Insomnia is his worst film and it's still a way-above-average genre thriller. Memento is brilliant, Batman Begins was very good (and a sigh of relief after so many shitty comic book movies), The Prestige was great fun, TDK was awesome and Inception was very engaging. He has yet to make a remotely bad film in my opinion. Following was a solid debut, too.

Edited by Estranged Reality