The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Harley Quiin (In Arkham Asylum attire of course) and Zsasz. With Zsasz they could do a proper thriller styled film, along the lines of Silence of the Lambs with Batman trying to find him, could be epic. Harley could be pulling the strings through the Joker who would of course only be mentioned.

I'd like to see Harley Quiin (In Arkham Asylum attire of course) and Zsasz. With Zsasz they could do a proper thriller styled film, along the lines of Silence of the Lambs with Batman trying to find him, could be epic. Harley could be pulling the strings through the Joker who would of course only be mentioned.

This would mean more Tim Booth. I am all in favour.

Harley is possibly the best sidekick of all time. But as a leading villain? I dunno...

Nolan has built enough cred with the 2 films, that nobody would blink if he gave Keaton or West a cameo.

Harley is possibly the best sidekick of all time. But as a leading villain? I dunno...

Nolan has built enough cred with the 2 films, that nobody would blink if he gave Keaton or West a cameo.

If Harley was with the Joker or Ivy then she could work. Stand-alone you're right she won't.

If Harley was with the Joker or Ivy then she could work. Stand-alone you're right she won't.

they tried with that Birds Of Prey show, but it just didn't work.

they tried with that Birds Of Prey show, but it just didn't work.

The show got a 7.6 rating. It didn't work because WB didn't have faith in it.

TDK was amazing but Batman Begins was/is the best batman movie ever.

Clearly not true. Micheal Keaton owns the franchise.

nah, he made 1 good movie, the other one, looking back was pretty awful. Partly not his fault, but if he were that great he woulda saved it...

Batman Returns? There was no saving that one dude..

He has a point...somewhat.

In my opinion, the film itself wasn't that great. It was enjoyable, but nothing really special. Ledger's portrayal of the Joker completely stole the show, though...if not for him, it would have been pretty mediocre. His performance really took the whole thing to another level, in being just so chilling that you don't really mind most of the actual film being somewhat meh.

Batman's voice was the only thing that annoyed me.

Other then that, I thought the film was pretty solid.

This is a viewpoint I can definitely agree with, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman... they were all fantastic and the cinematography was just beautiful, plot was well paced and thrilling, some of the set pieces were awesome. Yeah Ledger's performance was the highlight, but overall I can't see how one could possibly argue it was anything other than a very well done film.

The Batvoice was completely overdone and unnecessary at points though, although I think we've Nolan in post-production to blame for that rather than Christian Bale.

"OMG LYKE THE JOKER IS TH EBEST MOVIE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME, IKR, LYKE AFTER EDWARD CULLEN OMGZ FANGASMS!"

The Dark Knight--Most overrated movie in the history of film.

So I suppose the days of 13 year old girls and the '90s are over, and Batman is your new obsession..?

No, homophobic slur, I just saw the new movie last night and am fucking psyched. I used to be a huge Batman fan as a kid, and this new film (the best movie I've seen in years, not the best of all time though) reignited it. Besides, Batman's a badass.

Honkey, either shut the fuck up or stop flip-flopping.

"OMG LYKE THE JOKER IS TH EBEST MOVIE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME, IKR, LYKE AFTER EDWARD CULLEN OMGZ FANGASMS!"

The Dark Knight--Most overrated movie in the history of film.

So I suppose the days of 13 year old girls and the '90s are over, and Batman is your new obsession..?

No, homophobic slur, I just saw the new movie last night and am fucking psyched. I used to be a huge Batman fan as a kid, and this new film (the best movie I've seen in years, not the best of all time though) reignited it. Besides, Batman's a badass.

Honkey, either shut the fuck up or stop flip-flopping.

It was a good movie but the overhyping of it, then and now, is crazy.

People act like it's within the top 5 of all time or something. And while it was good, I do think Heath Ledger as the Joker was wildly overrated, mostly because of his death.

• 1 month later...

I only want Bane brought in, if he's going to break Batman's back (Bane's origin story), and it leads to Azreal and Nightwing showing up.

Surprised they would bring in Bane; He isn't what I would call a A or B list vilian; Meaning most people who know Batman casually, may not have heard of him.

This would be like having Carnage in a Spiderman movie or Doomsday in a Superman flick.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It would be hard to top Heath's joker,

Probably the most overrated film role ever.

If he hadn't died, he wouldn't get 1/3 as much good words.