"Axl Rose's Dressing Room Revealed"

LesPaul_Player_91

i saw a couple of familiar faces in the vid :D the camera must've missed me with a meter :P

i've also met that fat guy who bashed axl, he's an ass and listen to a ton of shitty music

When Darren says "Obviously, Axl runs the show" I just cringed. I don't like to hear that. This isn't suppose to be fucking NIN. It's suppose to be a BAND, as in, equal partnerships etc.

Oh well, it is what it is.

axl gets all the blame and the shit, i'm not even sure the other ones would want to deal with all the shit that comes with the GNR name..

look at they way they spell guitarist in the vid haha

hey bright one, it's swedish ;)

When Darren says "Obviously, Axl runs the show" I just cringed. I don't like to hear that. This isn't suppose to be fucking NIN. It's suppose to be a BAND, as in, equal partnerships etc.

And this was news to you? I dont even know what to say...

I'm sorry, but did you just diss Nine Inch Nails? Trent is a goddamn genius, thank you very much.

I'm sorry, but did you just diss Nine Inch Nails? Trent is a goddamn genius, thank you very much.

No, I'm saying that I didn't know Nu-GNR was run that way...you know, one man to rule them all? There's nothing wrong with Trent's band, because it's always been Trent's band. It's always been his project and his vision. Guns N Roses were a gang of men...and I really didn't think the new band was anything like NIN.

No, I'm saying that I didn't know Nu-GNR was run that way...you know, one man to rule them all? There's nothing wrong with Trent's band, because it's always been Trent's band. It's always been his project and his vision. Guns N Roses were a gang of men...and I really didn't think the new band was anything like NIN.

I think you are looking into that quote too much. I'm sure other guys in the band have a decent about of say in some of the things that go on.

I think you are looking into that quote too much. I'm sure other guys in the band have a decent about of say in some of the things that go on.

Maybe you're right...obviously I have no idea but it sure sounded that way imo.

I think Axl makes the final call on most things but he asks what people think and what would be best for them then brings it into his decision. The guy has the sign off on everything Guns related so to be surprised that he runs the show is a bit wierd.

I think Axl makes the final call on most things but he asks what people think and what would be best for them then brings it into his decision. The guy has the sign off on everything Guns related so to be surprised that he runs the show is a bit wierd.

It doesn't matter to me, I just didn't think it was ran that way.

So is it Axl or the record label or both that has to sign off on covers such as the recent released Slash covers with Myles and Cypress Hill/Fergie? Couldn't Axl really be a dick and make sure those can't be released for purchase?

So is it Axl or the record label or both that has to sign off on covers such as the recent released Slash covers with Myles and Cypress Hill/Fergie? Couldn't Axl really be a dick and make sure those can't be released for purchase?

Usually you dont need permission as far as I know but you must pay royalties to the band. With an original band member doing the cover I do not know what happens there, possibly a percentage of the album sales, I donno anyone else know?

Usually you dont need permission as far as I know but you must pay royalties to the band. With an original band member doing the cover I do not know what happens there, possibly a percentage of the album sales, I donno anyone else know?

it works like this:

you can play whatever songs you want to play live, as long as you don't like "utterly butcher" the work of the original artist who wrote and recorded the song. slash can play any songs he like to live.

you cannot release or record another artists work on a record, dvd, the internet e.t.c. without clearance and permission from the artist who wrote (owns the rights) the music. if you get permission to record and release it you must pay for each cd you sell and for the radio time, tv time and such the release gets.

at least it works this way in norway. i think it goes pretty much the same for any country. btw, also: the person who wrote the song owns the song. you cannot "transfer the song" lets say from Axl to Slash or vice versa. but if the whole band wrote the song, they all have rights to play and record it, although bands usually figure out who has the rights alone or if they split the rights when they register the song. since we know that axl bought the rights for the band name (and i think the songs too?), he owns the songs, and others needs permission from him to record them again.

i was just on a course on this subject and i think its pretty much right. but please don't butcher me if something is wrong

Edited by henfjel

it works like this:

you can play whatever songs you want to play live, as long as you don't like "utterly butcher" the work of the original artist who wrote and recorded the song. slash can play any songs he like to live.

you cannot release or record another artists work on a record, dvd, the internet e.t.c. without clearance and permission from the artist who wrote (owns the rights) the music. if you get permission to record and release it you must pay for each cd you sell and for the radio time, tv time and such the release gets.

at least it works this way in norway. i think it goes pretty much the same for any country. btw, also: the person who wrote the song owns the song. you cannot "transfer the song" lets say from Axl to Slash or vice versa. but if the whole band wrote the song, they all have rights to play and record it, although bands usually figure out who has the rights alone or if they split the rights when they register the song. since we know that axl bought the rights for the band name (and i think the songs too?), he owns the songs, and others needs permission from him to record them again.

i was just on a course on this subject and i think its pretty much right. but please don't butcher me if something is wrong

I doubt Axl has anymore rights to the old songs than the other guys.

if he bought them out and they all agreed, he would

He only bought the name. Not the songs.

He has probably a percentage ownership of the songs shared with the other guys. We know he gave 15% of his ownership of the songs to Steven Adler I think during the 1993 civil case.

it works like this:

I doubt Axl has anymore rights to the old songs than the other guys.

Aa far as being able to play anything you want live, you're correct, your can play ANYTHING you like - even if you "utterly butcher" it.