DJ Ashba interview regarding New Album and USA tour

gunsguy

DATE: November 3rd, 2010

TITLE: DJ Ashba interview regarding New Album and USA tour

TEXT:

During an interview (see video below) with the Artisan News Service on the "black carpet" of this past Thursday night's (November 4) party to promote the release of the new video game "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" in Hangar Eight at Santa Monica Airport, California, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist D.J. Ashba said that fans won't have to wait long for the band's next studio album. "We're talking about that right now," he said. "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long, I promise. Yeah, I'm excited to get this next one rolling. A lot of great shit. Axl [Rose, vocals] has a lot of good shit up his sleeve, so I'm really excited about it."

In addition to Ashba and sole original member Rose, the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarists Ron Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

GUNS N' ROSES' latest album, "Chinese Democracy", was released in November 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive, 17 years after the last all-original GUNS sets, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II". The album was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

Ashba joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck. Rose stated about D.J.'s addition to the group at the time, "D.J.'s a gifted, energetic guitarist that GUNS N' ROSES is proud to have on board!! We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. GUNS' radar has silently been aware of D.J.'s presence for quite some time. He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of GUNS N' ROSES live. Once D.J.'s name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

SOURCE: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148930

RELATED DISCUSSION: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170049

Edited by gunsguy