DJ Ashba Rocks the national anthem at the KC / CHIEFS game

gunsguy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'm just gonna come right out and be the c*nt to say this.. and you can love it hate it, crucify me whatever... DJ ASHBA....seriously, I fuckin rate the dude, he's rad, a fuckin wicked guitarist and he brings new energy to GnR..but seriously...come on..a fuckin top hat and a lp...that's where he loses me... i just wish he'd drop the slash-esque style..I think he would win over more of the "original GnR" fans tooo

Yes cause Slash invented the LP and he was the only one who ever used it, funny shit right there :rofl-lol: oh and btw that is not a top hat...

No shit, Im just saying...

looking im not having a dig at the dude so don't get your panties twisted. Like I said I think he is RAD but...its like he has been put into Slash's mould...when there is no comparison between the two. they are both equally great guitarist's.

as for the LP and the top what (which you say is not a top hat) once again slash's mould.... he could have picked any fuckin hat

(I swear alot...sorry)

Yes cause Slash invented the LP and he was the only one who ever used it, funny shit right there :rofl-lol: oh and btw that is not a top hat...

looking im not having a dig at the dude so don't get your panties twisted. Like I said I think he is RAD but...its like he has been put into Slash's mould...when there is no comparison between the two. they are both equally great guitarist's.

as for the LP and the top what (which you say is not a top hat) once again slash's mould.... he could have picked any fuckin hat

(I swear alot...sorry)

ya I can see what your saying to a point. an LP guitar though? That is a stretch. The hat looks NOTHING like Slash's.

I think he looks more like Nikki Sixx than Slash myself. I don't believe he is trying to be Slash at all, he is breathing new life into a band that needed it IMO.

DJ is bringing the fun back to the band and I see nothing wrong with it or him.

Lots of people play les pauls? Didn't slash copy Jimmy perry. I've always thought ashba is influenced by Mick mars and slash. Maybe not.

Justin as in news just in?

Justin is my real name so I like the addy! hehe

(I swear alot...sorry)

ya I can see what your saying to a point. an LP guitar though? That is a stretch. The hat looks NOTHING like Slash's.

I think he looks more like Nikki Sixx than Slash myself. I don't believe he is trying to be Slash at all, he is breathing new life into a band that needed it IMO.

DJ is bringing the fun back to the band and I see nothing wrong with it or him.

DUDE!!! I kinda wanna just tickle you until you admit I am right!!! it totally looks like a top hat.....maybe not a Slash top hat...but a top hat nonetheless

I I know Slash isn't the one and only when it comes to LPs and they're a amazing guitar but I just think like..he coulda had his pick of any Gibson, Montery, Fender, Epiphone etc etc etc

And I don't for one minute think he is trying to be Slash...But I just see it as they have tried to put him in this mould..when he is completely different to Slash... do you know what I mean???

Ruby FYI DJ was not picked or molded into what you are saying, he's doing his own thing. DJ was not picked by how he looked at all.

Anyways, anyone find a good quality vid yet? I still waiting for upload :(

FML, lost in translation brother, lost in translation (no entiendo)

I'll keep a eye out for the vid

DJ's been wearing the top hat long before he was in GNR...

As far as the LP, I thought GNR had a contract with Gibson or something, forget where I read that...

meh...

OK I'm just gonna say this then shutup (cos im not tryna piss off or offend anyone)

But I don't remember DJ wearing the top hat in bulletboys/beautiful creatures.. and only a few times (that I can remember) when he went solo.

Whatever, the dude has got some awesome talent so don't think I was ragging on him

:ph34r:

Edited by Ruby_Jordan

As far as the LP, I thought GNR had a contract with Gibson or something, forget where I read that...

meh...

OK I'm just gonna say this then shutup (cos im not tryna piss off or offend anyone)

But I don't remember DJ wearing the top hat in bulletboys/beautiful creatures.. and only a few times (that I can remember) when he went solo.

Whatever, the dude has got some awesome talent so don't think I was ragging on him

I saw Sixx:A.M. in 2008 and he had it then...

meh...

Seems like the "thing" to do these days. When balding, wear a hat/bandanna. Kid Rock,Axl,DJ,Brett....the list goes on and on and on.

Edited by Nintari

Dj ASHBA™

On Monday 22nd November 2010, @DjASHBA said:

I had the time of my life today! It was an honor to perform the national Anthem at the Kansas City Chiefs vs Cardinals NFL game. I will be posting pro video footage from the field tomorrow!!! I am now in New Orleans taking a few days off!!

3 minutes ago via twitter

and you're a fucking idiot when it comes to the LP also......to get that GNR sound you need the LP most of the times...BBF even had to adopt it for certain songs.

anything as long as they get him to put away that ridiculous foot guitar :fuckyou:

agreed it is gay

it's been retired since like...2008

what is the topic here? O yes, DJ ASHBA played national anthem! Buckethead, Slash, Bumblefoot or anyone else was not there!!!!

We should discuss the topic in this thread, or maybe try to find some video on this or something :) I am currently trying to find a rip anywhere it's tough though no one ups this stuff :(

Let's just stay on topic cause I for one think DJ played that very well even if I listened to a crappy youtube vid

-----

FML!!! Just downloaded the game in h264 format 2GB, guess what the fuck it is missing??? :fuckyou: ARG! contacted uploader to see if he has DJ and can up for us, I am crossin fingers here

Edited by gunsguy

agreed it is gay

If a guy wearing a K.F.C bucket, playing with nun-chunks and free styling during a GN'R gig is acceptable, then so too is a foot themed guitar.

And shaved head with pancake makeup and cat in the hat sox as well..ala Robin Fink 2001/2002? Silly rockers /headbangers...gimicks are for kids...it worked for McDonalds..doesnt work for GNR