DJ Ashba Rocks the national anthem at the KC / CHIEFS game

gunsguy

agreed it is gay

If a guy wearing a K.F.C bucket, playing with nun-chunks and free styling during a GN'R gig is acceptable, then so too is a foot themed guitar.

And shaved head with pancake makeup and cat in the hat sox as well..ala Robin Fink 2001/2002? Silly rockers /headbangers...gimicks are for kids...it worked for McDonalds..doesnt work for GNR

Do we have to discuss this again? :tongue2:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the point. Having had a guy raised by chickens (Buckethead) and guy who'd pass for a town goth in 2002 (Finck) as accepted members of GN'R prohibits us to an extent from complaining in terms of weird on stage props deployed by certain members of the band (e.g. Ron's foot guitar).

Edited by Chinese Destruction

That's the point. Having had a guy raised by chickens (Buckethead) and guy who'd pass for a town goth in 2002 (Finck) as accepted members of GN'R prohibits us to an extent from complaining in terms of weird on stage props deployed by certain members of the band (e.g. Ron's foot guitar).

No, not from a guitar standpoint, because those strangely dressed gentlemen, at least both used Les Pauls from the get go.

No, not from a guitar standpoint, because those strangely dressed gentlemen, at least both used Les Pauls from the get go.

I'm referring to what is and what isn't “genre Guns N' Roses” (from a traditional viewpoint). Buckets, nun-chunks, gothic battledress and foot themed guitars aren't compatible with the “GN'R genre” if you want to be conservative about the whole hard rocker image thing. The reality is that from a GN'R perspective a Les Paul didn't compensate for Bucket's/Finck's appearance abnormality in the same way Thal's abnormal guitar apparatus isn't compensated for by his normal image. What I'm trying to say is that GN'R as a concept has moved on from concern about its appearance (largely because of Bucket's involvement) therefore we shouldn't judge its members based on their appearance choice or indeed equipment selection (unless of course the equipment in question compromises the standard of a show).

Yes cause Slash invented the LP and he was the only one who ever used it, funny shit right there :rofl-lol: oh and btw that is not a top hat...

No shit, Im just saying...

looking im not having a dig at the dude so don't get your panties twisted. Like I said I think he is RAD but...its like he has been put into Slash's mould...when there is no comparison between the two. they are both equally great guitarist's.

as for the LP and the top what (which you say is not a top hat) once again slash's mould.... he could have picked any fuckin hat

(I swear alot...sorry)

ya I can see what your saying to a point. an LP guitar though? That is a stretch. The hat looks NOTHING like Slash's.

I think he looks more like Nikki Sixx than Slash myself. I don't believe he is trying to be Slash at all, he is breathing new life into a band that needed it IMO.

DJ is bringing the fun back to the band and I see nothing wrong with it or him.

DUDE!!! I kinda wanna just tickle you until you admit I am right!!! it totally looks like a top hat.....maybe not a Slash top hat...but a top hat nonetheless

I I know Slash isn't the one and only when it comes to LPs and they're a amazing guitar but I just think like..he coulda had his pick of any Gibson, Montery, Fender, Epiphone etc etc etc

And I don't for one minute think he is trying to be Slash...But I just see it as they have tried to put him in this mould..when he is completely different to Slash... do you know what I mean???

oh for fuck sakes even if it is a top hat slash didn't invent the style....t rex wore it long before!!!

tumblr_kx6rxt5kaw1qavukro1_500.jpg

and you're a fucking idiot when it comes to the LP also......to get that GNR sound you need the LP most of the times...BBF even had to adopt it for certain songs.

Oh bite me, either I explained myself wrong or you all totally missed my point.... anyway :thumbsup: for personal insults..that really get's your point across :violin: