GUNS N' ROSES' Late Concert Finish Leaves Townsville Residents Fuming - Dec. 2, 2010

justmike66

Townsville, Australia newspaper Townsville Bulletin was inundated with calls and texts earlier today (Thursday, December 2) from residents near the town's Reid Park who were frustrated by the noise and late finish of the GUNS N' ROSES concert.

Hermit Park resident Mike Shearer told the paper he was forced to turn up his television as the band's music dominated his lounge room on Wednesday night.

"It was far too noisy and it went well outside the time it was meant to go," Shearer said.

"If that concert was being held in my neighbor's place, the police would have confiscated the hi-fi set, so why should they get away with it in Reid Park?"

A Townsville City Council spokesman told the Townsville Bulletin before the concert promoters were licensed to continue the show until 10:45 p.m. and council and Liquor Licensing would monitor noise levels.

"GUNS N' ROSES came on late and the concert ran late which is a concern to us and something we will talk to promoters about, as it is not fair for residents on a midweek event," Mayor Les Tyrell said.

"The remainder of the feedback has been positive, with most people generally happy with traffic management, amenities and the state of the venue."

GUNS N' ROSES took to the stage more than an hour late.

Read the entire report from Townsville Bulletin.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150291

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a legit objection.

i believe axl is a good guy and means well, but he has shown time and time again he has no consideration for anyone but himself in this regard.

but in his mind, all is ok. errrbody is just out to get him. haters gona hate :rolleyes:

Edited by Jackie Moon

its a legit objection.

i believe axl is a good guy and means well, but he has shown time and time again he has no consideration for anyone but himself in this regard.

but in his mind, all is ok. errrbody is just out to get him. haters gona hate :rolleyes:

Axl is rock n' roll and edgy. You don't get it. :rolleyes:

Gunsguy do you ever honestly post without your very obvious bias? You do alot of good things for the forum i admit, but seriously, the extent of your defence for all things Axl is almost scary. The OP posted a legitimate article regarding Guns N' Roses and all you have to show is a picture saying "haters going to hate", what about the people that have a 6 o'clock start for work Thursday morning?? Are they haters? I suppose they should move area everytime Guns come to town? Seriously its fucken ridiculous how you can defend this shit.

My hat goes off to Jackie Moon and Estranged Reality for maintaining their integrity and not letting their moderator and reporter status get to their head. Kudos to you guys.

My ma' ran a race track. They had a curfew. 11pm. Locals were always chill and never even peeped, they knew what they were in for, however when races were going into 1am -- they started getting a little upset. So just because they lived near the race track, we didn't have to respect them at all?

ok so what some are saying is Guns should have come on 10 minutes after Korn? According to the times right? A couple old timers outside the venue hardly dictate what was going on in the show. Guns starting at 9 something is too late now according to some, what time should they play dinner time?

they started before 10 some of you are missing that, I agree some times it is very late start times but this is not one of them. I guess next time the band should just play 1 hour and leave? Not my idea of a good night in that respect.

Also I didn't just post a pic, I posted a link that is already being discussed on another thread

Edited by gunsguy

My ma' ran a race track. They had a curfew. 11pm. Locals were always chill and never even peeped, they knew what they were in for, however when races were going into 1am -- they started getting a little upset. So just because they lived near the race track, we didn't have to respect them at all?

+1 Exactly. Guns showed up over an hour late. If they showed up ON TIME(which isn't in Axl's vocabulary) there wouldn't be a problem. Naturally though gunsnguy is going to defend this.

+1 Exactly. Guns showed up over an hour late. If they showed up ON TIME(which isn't in Axl's vocabulary) there wouldn't be a problem. Naturally though gunsnguy is going to defend this.

The entire show was late from the get go so yes I will defend it...

I meant more the people that CHOOSE to live near an outdoor venue then complain about it.

in university i lived with 15 guys, we had a neighbor who used to call the cops on us quite a bit when we were loud and partying post midnight.

4-5 of my roommates took the "if you have a problem with it, why do you live close to a university?" approach.

it was wrong then- it's wrong now.

no excuse.

Gunsguy do you ever honestly post without your very obvious bias? You do alot of good things for the forum i admit, but seriously, the extent of your defence for all things Axl is almost scary. The OP posted a legitimate article regarding Guns N' Roses and all you have to show is a picture saying "haters going to hate", what about the people that have a 6 o'clock start for work Thursday morning?? Are they haters? I suppose they should move area everytime Guns come to town? Seriously its fucken ridiculous how you can defend this shit.

My hat goes off to Jackie Moon and Estranged Reality for maintaining their integrity and not letting their moderator and reporter status get to their head. Kudos to you guys.

It`s 2 mutch!!

It is almost worst then Jarmo

Edited by fergus

ok so what some are saying is Guns should have come on 10 minutes after Korn? According to the times right? A couple old timers outside the venue hardly dictate what was going on in the show. Guns starting at 9 something is too late now according to some, what time should they play dinner time?

they started before 10 some of you are missing that, I agree some times it is very late start times but this is not one of them. I guess next time the band should just play 1 hour and leave? Not my idea of a good night in that respect.

Also I didn't just post a pic, I posted a link that is already being discussed on another thread

if this was a one time deal, i would have no problem

BUT THIS HAPPENS EVERY FRIGGING SHOW. you cant blame the opening band every fucking night.

look at bumblefoot, he knows this shit is wrong. eventually he gave in and decided to go with the "if you cant beat em, join em" approach. im still not sure what i think of that. i liked the guy more when he was pissed off.

Then guns should have showed up 15-20 minutes after Korn, or is that not "rock n roll" enough for you?

Edited by Young_Gun

Then guns should have showed up 15-20 minutes after Korn.

Sure but you gotta know the change over takes longer than that, I mean you have been to a show yes? I don' think Guns going on before 10PM is a problem anyway you slice it. The Guns show started before 10pm.

Honestly what time should a headliner go on stage?

And like I have said many times, sometimes they are VERY late, sometimes they are late and this time at least for me is not one of the ones...

Edited by gunsguy

What time was on the ticket?

cant remember but according to promoter time they should have been on 10 min after Korn finished, having said that Korn were late as well, the whole thing started later then ticket said...

I bet some people thought it was cool to hear GNR for free, but that is not going to be on the papers

I am sure there were both sides to it of course