GUNS N' ROSES' Late Concert Finish Leaves Townsville Residents Fuming - Dec. 2, 2010

justmike66

re: the late starts

most of the music world thinks its a joke

most of the people outside the venue think its a joke

most of the people inside the venue think its a joke

some band members think its a joke.

who's left?

axl

band members just happy to be there

fans just happy to see the show whenever it happens (im one of them)

cancer comments, guitar hero lawsuit, late starts.

i dont think any of this will bring axl down, train is going to keep a rollin not in spite of these things ,but because of these things, axl is interesting - no doubt.

but, axls legacy has dug a hole no amount of bucket pittman awesomeness can dig him out of. he can blame slash all he wants, but truth is, dude is his own worst enemy and most of us know it.

IF it were an isolated incident...

exactly. high five for us agreeing :thumbsup:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think I like hating on Axl? Dude brings it upon himself.

unfortunately we all end up in one of three camps

disdain

indifference

ignorance

i would say im in #2. i dont really care about the late starts - whatever.... but im not going to ignore the issue. ill call it the way i see it.

Edited by Jackie Moon

everyone in this tread has something in common, we all agree sometimes the band is late, right? Right.

Yet here we are at 11:55PM EST on a message board talking about how late is late? Man I am confused right now, is it not all past our bedtimes?

everyone in this tread has something in common, we all agree sometimes the band is late, right? Right.

Yet here we are at 11:55PM EST on a message board talking about how late is late? Man I am confused right now, is it not all past our bedtimes?

You have got to be kidding me, using that analogy. Right now we are not paying good money to see a band play. Right now we aren't waiting on our feet for over an hour to see the said band play. Right now we are not kept awake by an outside source. We are in the comfort of our own homes doing whatever. Linking the two is not relevant or logical. And besides, its 4.07PM here in Melbourne.

I meant more the people that CHOOSE to live near an outdoor venue then complain about it.

in university i lived with 15 guys, we had a neighbor who used to call the cops on us quite a bit when we were loud and partying post midnight.

4-5 of my roommates took the "if you have a problem with it, why do you live close to a university?" approach.

it was wrong then- it's wrong now.

no excuse.

Gunsguy - I'm a huge Axl guy. But seriously dude. Your unwillingness to ever be critical of him really takes away from our ability to take your posts seriously. I know u don't want Axl to come on the forum and call you a lesbian cunt - but it's ok to call him on his bullshit moves.

Bottom line, the homeowners have EVERY right to complain and I hope the venue is fined. My house is literally 50 feet from our high school football and baseball field. And BEFORE I bought it I called the school and the city to see what the noise ordinances were. No inning may began after 10 pm on weekdays and 1030 pm on the weekend end. If these australian homeowners were told by the city that there were time and noise regulations - and those ordinances are BROKEN - they have every right to throw a fit.

If Axl gave a shit, he would have simply told the crowd "due to circumstances out of our control, we are now going over the time limit. OUT OF RESPECT to the people who LIVE HERE, we're gonna finish the show with an acoustic set."

Are you for real? Nobody is saying that 10 pm - on its own - is the problem. The problem is the band playing PAST a city ordinance time. It doesn't matter if that time is 5 pm or 3 am. And the problem is they were louder than the city noise ordinance. GG you are defending the WRONG fucking thing. Seriously man, I like most of your posts......but you are turning in to Jarmo. I HATE it when people use the axl or slash "nutt-swinger" comments.....but you have turned into that guy.

Are you for real? Nobody is saying that 10 pm - on its own - is the problem. The problem is the band playing PAST a city ordinance time. It doesn't matter if that time is 5 pm or 3 am. And the problem is they were louder than the city noise ordinance. GG you are defending the WRONG fucking thing. Seriously man, I like most of your posts......but you are turning in to Jarmo. I HATE it when people use the axl or slash "nutt-swinger" comments.....but you have turned into that guy.

ok, what time was the curfew?

cant remember but according to promoter time they should have been on 10 min after Korn finished, having said that Korn were late as well, the whole thing started later then ticket said...

Nope, Korn started at 7.00pm and finished at 8.00pm sharp. Guns had 30 minutes to set up and be on stage at 8.30 as they were scheduled to do. The stage was ready at 8.15pm. Korn didn't finish late. They didn't start late either - they were on stage 10 minutes after Shihad left the stage.

The residents? Reid park is in the middle of nowhere. There's one apartment complex about 700m away and that's it. That was the only residential space that would have been affected by the noise.

Oh My Gosh. Are you really tha afraid of Axl getting pissed at you? I don't know what the specif time was. I don't know what the noise decibel level is. I don't know, and I really could care less.

I'm a huge fan of the new band. Seen them twice. And I'm dying for a new album. BUT opening the forum and the first story is about another late show.......fuck me. How many times is enough???? Today, the current GnR is known to the music industry people (promoters, venue owners, record labels, etc) and to rock fans NOT for chinese democracy....but as being the band that is always late.

If next week we all see a headline on the Net or a story on MTV that says "Band starts an hour late, promoter fined, fans pissed and singer walks off stage".......is there any doubt that you wouldn't know it was GnR? That GunsGuy is the problem. Not 10 pm, not Korn, not a venue or the people who own homes around it.

or stage a sit down protest where he fought the man.

That was awesome.

i loved it. not for the principal, just for the ridiculousness of it.

if hes going to be late, at least make it interesting.

I loved it because it was an Axl only thing. While it was for a stupid reason, it is something only GnR would do.

Just saw this on the news. Must've been a slow news day if this actually made it, but whatever.

It showed clips of the show, shot with news camera so it was pretty good quality.

"Blah, Blah, Blah late start blah blah blah inconsiderate..."

The came the accusation of miming. It showed like 30 seconds of Shackler's where he was clearly miming...ok. But the next thing kinda got me.

A clip where he was CLEARLY miming Jungle. Now I wasn't at the show, so I don't have a first hand account of this, but miming Jungle? Jesus. Not cool.

I hope this was a one time thing, or a slip up, cos I don't want to be at a show where Axl decides not to sing one of the key songs.

Just saw this on the news. Must've been a slow news day if this actually made it, but whatever.

It showed clips of the show, shot with news camera so it was pretty good quality.

"Blah, Blah, Blah late start blah blah blah inconsiderate..."

The came the accusation of miming. It showed like 30 seconds of Shackler's where he was clearly miming...ok. But the next thing kinda got me.

A clip where he was CLEARLY miming Jungle. Now I wasn't at the show, so I don't have a first hand account of this, but miming Jungle? Jesus. Not cool.

I hope this was a one time thing, or a slip up, cos I don't want to be at a show where Axl decides not to sing one of the key songs.

I call bullshit. I don't care how bad his voice is, Axl would not lipsync WTTJ. I demand to see this video.

As for Shackler's, they didn't even play that song at the show.