GUNS N' ROSES' Late Concert Finish Leaves Townsville Residents Fuming - Dec. 2, 2010

justmike66

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on the news. Must've been a slow news day if this actually made it, but whatever.

It showed clips of the show, shot with news camera so it was pretty good quality.

"Blah, Blah, Blah late start blah blah blah inconsiderate..."

The came the accusation of miming. It showed like 30 seconds of Shackler's where he was clearly miming...ok. But the next thing kinda got me.

A clip where he was CLEARLY miming Jungle. Now I wasn't at the show, so I don't have a first hand account of this, but miming Jungle? Jesus. Not cool.

I hope this was a one time thing, or a slip up, cos I don't want to be at a show where Axl decides not to sing one of the key songs.

I call bullshit. I don't care how bad his voice is, Axl would not lipsync WTTJ. I demand to see this video.

As for Shackler's, they didn't even play that song at the show.

It was CD, my bad. Trying to find a vid.

Just saw this on the news. Must've been a slow news day if this actually made it, but whatever.

It showed clips of the show, shot with news camera so it was pretty good quality.

The came the accusation of miming. It showed like 30 seconds of Shackler's where he was clearly miming...ok. But the next thing kinda got me.

A clip where he was CLEARLY miming Jungle. Now I wasn't at the show, so I don't have a first hand account of this, but miming Jungle? Jesus. Not cool.

I hope this was a one time thing, or a slip up, cos I don't want to be at a show where Axl decides not to sing one of the key songs.

They didn't play Shacklers, so I would guess that the news clip was dubbed over.

There is NO WAY he was miming at the show. Fuck me. I was front row, right in front of him, I think I would freaking know.

Oh My Gosh. Are you really tha afraid of Axl getting pissed at you? I don't know what the specif time was. I don't know what the noise decibel level is. I don't know, and I really could care less.

I'm a huge fan of the new band. Seen them twice. And I'm dying for a new album. BUT opening the forum and the first story is about another late show.......fuck me. How many times is enough???? Today, the current GnR is known to the music industry people (promoters, venue owners, record labels, etc) and to rock fans NOT for chinese democracy....but as being the band that is always late.

If next week we all see a headline on the Net or a story on MTV that says "Band starts an hour late, promoter fined, fans pissed and singer walks off stage".......is there any doubt that you wouldn't know it was GnR? That GunsGuy is the problem. Not 10 pm, not Korn, not a venue or the people who own homes around it.

I have no idea what Axl thinks of me, that has nothing to do with what I post in the slightest! I am not a negative person by nature so I tend to praise the good, acknowledge the shit sure but don't spend my time focusing on it. That is me, I aint you. I aint out to impress anyone I post what I want or feel at the moment. I acknowledge Guns are late alot but that is not good enough, honestly it does not bother me.

I think that a couple people that were upset about the noise in an apartment is hardly a mass public

hate against the band. My neighbor gets mad if I walk in the middle of the night :rofl-lol:

facepalm.gif I can't help but laugh now...

Here's the vid http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-concert-leaves-fans-fuming/tabid/312/articleID/189235/Default.aspx

The sound very well could have been delayed or something, or the video could have fucked up. I'm not saying this absolutely happened, as I wasn't at the show. I'm hoping this wasn't the case.

There is NO WAY he was miming at the show. Fuck me. I was front row, right in front of him, I think I would freaking know.

yeah ive seen enough shows to know this is bullshit. there are backing vocals at times, but thats just to reproduce the CD vocals.

axl may be late as fuck, but i think thats because he needs to get in the zone. when the band members say axl is "all about the fans", i think they are sincere. axl takes his time and comes out when he feels ready, and gives it his all.

its a double edged sword. i could handle it if they approached it with more sympathy. im still pissed off at the 06 explanation "if robin doesn't properly stretch, he might pull something".

thats disrespectful to all of us. at least call it like it is.

Oh My Gosh. Are you really tha afraid of Axl getting pissed at you? I don't know what the specif time was. I don't know what the noise decibel level is. I don't know, and I really could care less.

I'm a huge fan of the new band. Seen them twice. And I'm dying for a new album. BUT opening the forum and the first story is about another late show.......fuck me. How many times is enough???? Today, the current GnR is known to the music industry people (promoters, venue owners, record labels, etc) and to rock fans NOT for chinese democracy....but as being the band that is always late.

If next week we all see a headline on the Net or a story on MTV that says "Band starts an hour late, promoter fined, fans pissed and singer walks off stage".......is there any doubt that you wouldn't know it was GnR? That GunsGuy is the problem. Not 10 pm, not Korn, not a venue or the people who own homes around it.

I have no idea what Axl thinks of me, that has nothing to do with what I post in the slightest! I am not a negative person by nature so I tend to praise the good, acknowledge the shit sure but don't spend my time focusing on it. That is me, I aint you. I aint out to impress anyone I post what I want or feel at the moment. I acknowledge Guns are late alot but that is not good enough, honestly it does not bother me.

I think that a couple people that were upset about the noise in an apartment is hardly a mass public

hate against the band. My neighbor gets mad if I walk in the middle of the night :rofl-lol:

Give it a break. That is miserable logic and not funny.

Here's the vid http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-concert-leaves-fans-fuming/tabid/312/articleID/189235/Default.aspx

The sound very well could have been delayed or something, or the video could have fucked up. I'm not saying this absolutely happened, as I wasn't at the show. I'm hoping this wasn't the case.

someone accused axl of miming the rock am ring 06 performance.

if you look at, i think it was jungle, there is CLEARLY one part where axl isnt singing, he does like a double fist pump, but if you keep watching, that exact same clip shows up later during another song, this time in a place where it actually fits....

not sure why, but they had the same clip in there twice.

axl wasn't miming, but if you watch it and dont know any better, it seems obvious he is.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Yeah, I don't think so. The vocal track sounds too shitty to bother miming to. Probably just a split second sound delay knowing GNR's sound team.

The video is out of sync. That news report is honestly a complete joke. The "waited and waited and waited thing" is edited terribly! They made it look like those dudes got up on stage three times to placate the crowd - that spiel is from the same 2 minute speech they gave all at once!

If the show was shit, I wouldn't have any hesitation in saying so - it was one of the best concerts i've ever been to. I spent almost $1000 to go up there to see them and it was worth every cent. Fans leaving in droves? Does it look like people leaving in droves? There would have been 95% of the people still there for the entire show and every single person I spoke to at the gig thought it was awesome.

I think people around here know that I tell it straight. The late start wasn't cool, but other than that the band absolutely delivered and the crowd was ecstatic. They even liked the solo spots...! Read the reports from the local papers in Townsville and you'll see nothing but positivity.

Fuck it, i'll post videos to prove this. They'll be up in 20.

The video is out of sync. That news report is honestly a complete joke. The "waited and waited and waited thing" is edited terribly! They made it look like those dudes got up on stage three times to placate the crowd - that spiel is from the same 2 minute speech they gave all at once!

If the show was shit, I wouldn't have any hesitation in saying so - it was one of the best concerts i've ever been to. I spent almost $1000 to go up there to see them and it was worth every cent. Fans leaving in droves? Does it look like people leaving in droves? There would have been 95% of the people still there for the entire show and every single person I spoke to at the gig thought it was awesome.

I think people around here know that I tell it straight. The late start wasn't cool, but other than that the band absolutely delivered and the crowd was ecstatic. They even liked the solo spots...! Read the reports from the local papers in Townsville and you'll see nothing but positivity.

Fuck it, i'll post videos to prove this. They'll be up in 20.

Good to know.

Gunsguy is ridiculous, no doubt, but the shows dont start late. If Axl showed up on time 7 out of 10 times, then you could say he was late. Axl will not take the stage before 11. I understand why some people get pissed, but I do not get why anyody who comes here would bitch. This an Axl forum like it or not, so why come here and talk about late starts. Fuck, this subject is as old as talking about his hair or CD 2.

Edited by Butters

Gunsguy is ridiculous, no doubt, but the shows dont start late. If Axl showed up on time 7 out of 10 times, then you could say he was late. Axl will not take the stage before 11. I understand why some people get pissed, but I do not get why anyody who comes here would bitch. This an Axl forum like it or not, so why come here and talk about late starts. Fuck, this subject is as old as talking about his hair or CD 2.

yeah man you're right. lets talk about... CDII, new songs,a us tour, the better video, 10 questions, wait, what?

truth is, we all want to get excited, but axl doesnt give us a whole lot to be excited about. yeah, the tour, the shows, the players are all amazing. but really, three CD tours, one album...

this is a nostalgia act at this point. i do believe axl has the intention of releasing CDii, and i think he is trying, in his own way.

but really, there isnt much else to talk about. axl is doing shows, kicking ass and showing up late. thats all we have to go with.

Edited by Jackie Moon

fuck that pisses me off! some old bitch complaining about songs she didnt know?? what inconsiderate fucks. i was about to drive 6 hours to Sydney and then fly to Adelaide just to see them. I have no idea why they played townsville and not Brisbane anyway. Would there be a chance they didnt want to because what happend in 07?

Why hasn't anyone asked the question, why did the night start late in the first place?

The media wouldn't answer this because it would really ruin the fact that at the end of the day Guns were 45 minutes later than they should have been after Korn finished and that really doesn't sound like a good story to me as they need 1 person to blame.

The promoter has promised the noise would be done by 10.45 and yet Guns finished within the curfew time of 12pm so I'd like to know what time they were told they had to be on by too.

I went to 3 Metallica shows this tour and the promoter said 9pm yet the times varied between 9.30 and 9.50.

My ma' ran a race track. They had a curfew. 11pm. Locals were always chill and never even peeped, they knew what they were in for, however when races were going into 1am -- they started getting a little upset. So just because they lived near the race track, we didn't have to respect them at all?

+1 Exactly. Guns showed up over an hour late. If they showed up ON TIME(which isn't in Axl's vocabulary) there wouldn't be a problem. Naturally though gunsnguy is going to defend this.

The entire show was late from the get go so yes I will defend it...

I challenge you, or anybody for that matter, to find a post where you even remotely disagree or take offense to anything Guns N' Roses or Axl Rose... that is... anything pertaining to the current lineup.

Ever since your little meet-and-greet with the band, which I'm sure took a considerable amount of dick-sucking and ditching a good portion of your integrity, the slobbering continues. No doubt in the hopes of scoring another meet-and-greet or whatever you did.

Just admit it already! I've been around this forum from the get-go, and I remember the days where you had no problem having a problem with the band or Axl. You're not fooling anyone. Not even Axl.

I would think Axl would respect someone with a little dignity and integrity than an ass kisser. Wait... nevermind.

Gunsguy do you ever honestly post without your very obvious bias? You do alot of good things for the forum i admit, but seriously, the extent of your defence for all things Axl is almost scary. The OP posted a legitimate article regarding Guns N' Roses and all you have to show is a picture saying "haters going to hate", what about the people that have a 6 o'clock start for work Thursday morning?? Are they haters? I suppose they should move area everytime Guns come to town? Seriously its fucken ridiculous how you can defend this shit.

My hat goes off to Jackie Moon and Estranged Reality for maintaining their integrity and not letting their moderator and reporter status get to their head. Kudos to you guys.

Young Gun - don't worry about the people that have to get up at 6 am for work on thursday morning mate. Seriously this town gets like one decent band perform there once every five years or so and should be elated that GnR went there. Trust me - the overwhelming majority of people in Townsville would have been stoked with the buzz that GnR brought to their boring-arse town this week. Any negative media you may read is just a few toss-pots that the media are grabbing a hold of just to write some shit about Axl... Thats all.

And I think you're a bit harsh on Gunsguy - he's entitled to an opinion no matter if he's a moderator or just some piss ant like me :) !

Why hasn't anyone asked the question, why did the night start late in the first place?

The media wouldn't answer this because it would really ruin the fact that at the end of the day Guns were 45 minutes later than they should have been after Korn finished and that really doesn't sound like a good story to me as they need 1 person to blame.

The promoter has promised the noise would be done by 10.45 and yet Guns finished within the curfew time of 12pm so I'd like to know what time they were told they had to be on by too.

I went to 3 Metallica shows this tour and the promoter said 9pm yet the times varied between 9.30 and 9.50.

Hey dude - yeah mate I know. I went to two Metallica shows recently and nowhere in the media will you find it written that they were 45 mins later than the ticket time !

My ma' ran a race track. They had a curfew. 11pm. Locals were always chill and never even peeped, they knew what they were in for, however when races were going into 1am -- they started getting a little upset. So just because they lived near the race track, we didn't have to respect them at all?

+1 Exactly. Guns showed up over an hour late. If they showed up ON TIME(which isn't in Axl's vocabulary) there wouldn't be a problem. Naturally though gunsnguy is going to defend this.

The entire show was late from the get go so yes I will defend it...

I challenge you, or anybody for that matter, to find a post where you even remotely disagree or take offense to anything Guns N' Roses or Axl Rose... that is... anything pertaining to the current lineup.

Ever since your little meet-and-greet with the band, which I'm sure took a considerable amount of dick-sucking and ditching a good portion of your integrity, the slobbering continues. No doubt in the hopes of scoring another meet-and-greet or whatever you did.

Just admit it already! I've been around this forum from the get-go, and I remember the days where you had no problem having a problem with the band or Axl. You're not fooling anyone. Not even Axl.

I would think Axl would respect someone with a little dignity and integrity than an ass kisser. Wait... nevermind.

Jealous much?