GUNS N' ROSES' Late Concert Finish Leaves Townsville Residents Fuming - Dec. 2, 2010

justmike66

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunsguy do you ever honestly post without your very obvious bias? You do alot of good things for the forum i admit, but seriously, the extent of your defence for all things Axl is almost scary. The OP posted a legitimate article regarding Guns N' Roses and all you have to show is a picture saying "haters going to hate", what about the people that have a 6 o'clock start for work Thursday morning?? Are they haters? I suppose they should move area everytime Guns come to town? Seriously its fucken ridiculous how you can defend this shit.

My hat goes off to Jackie Moon and Estranged Reality for maintaining their integrity and not letting their moderator and reporter status get to their head. Kudos to you guys.

Young Gun - don't worry about the people that have to get up at 6 am for work on thursday morning mate. Seriously this town gets like one decent band perform there once every five years or so and should be elated that GnR went there. Trust me - the overwhelming majority of people in Townsville would have been stoked with the buzz that GnR brought to their boring-arse town this week. Any negative media you may read is just a few toss-pots that the media are grabbing a hold of just to write some shit about Axl... Thats all.

And I think you're a bit harsh on Gunsguy - he's entitled to an opinion no matter if he's a moderator or just some piss ant like me :) !

I can understand where you are coming from buddy, i can. But this isn't just an isolated incident. Back in the 90's Axl said something like "don't like the late starts, don't go", well this doesn't have to do with the concert goers, but the people that live around or near the venue. Im sure the people in Townsville were over the moon that a big act like Guns N' Roses came to their little town, and i do appreciate that Guns played for 2 hours, but clearly there were SOME people who were annoyed.

I cannot stand people that are so blind and kiss so much ass that their posts seem comical. I may be harsh on gunsnguy, but he is turning into Jarmo. There is a reason i don't post on HTGTH. Sure, none of us want people who say nothing but bad things about Axl, but its also the same for people who just say good things about Axl, especially when its NOT called for. Im sure in person, Axl is a very nice guy, but he is not a good guy in general. He isn't mother Teresa, even he would probably admit that, but some members on here seem to treat him like he is.

Like i said, gunsnguy does good things for the forum and im sure he is a nice friendly guy(none of his posts seem aggressive or nasty etc) and he is entitled to his opinion, im just calling him out on it. Did you see his analogy of "its funny that its 12am and yet, people are up late posting complaining about the late starts?"? I mean come on!

I'd just say fuck Australia with all the bitching that took place. Buncha deadbeat third world fans that don't know how to party. That's the real problem here. Hurry up and plan the US tour so you can actually be appreciated by real fans.

Edited by iftheworld

I'd just say fuck Australia with all the bitching that took place. Buncha deadbeat third world fans that don't know how to party. That's the real problem here. Hurry up and plan the US tour so you can actually be appreciated by real fans.

Oh yeah, we will see the ratio of how many times a bottle is thrown at Axl during the Australian shows and compare it to the US shows. I know i've already won that one, real fans yeah...

Gave me a good laugh at least! :D

Like I said third world bums who complain about hearing the best band in the world right in their fucking living rooms I mean come on. What I would give to be able to open my window and hear GNR FOR FREE. Fucking Aussie crybabies.

BTW it's not their fault that they had to sit and wait for shitty Korn to finish up.

Edited by iftheworld

Young Gun don't take facts personally kid. Blaming GNR over a 3 band gig that ran late is immature. kthnksbye

It's just everyone blames Axl because his history but actually looks at the facts. There were 3 bands there and it didn't even end that late. LOL@ the kids who actually thought this show would end on time. HATERZ GUNNA HATE

btw i love your sig volcano62

Edited by iftheworld

Young Gun don't take facts personally kid. Blaming GNR over a 3 band gig that ran late is immature. kthnksbye

It's just everyone blames Axl because his history but actually looks at the facts. There were 3 bands there and it didn't even end that late. LOL@ the kids who actually thought this show would end on time. HATERZ GUNNA HATE

btw i love your sig volcano62

That's a fair argument. It really didn't end THAT late. It was before midnight so I don't see what the huge issue is. I've been to concerts that went "on time" that still didn't end until well after 11 (the two times I saw KISS they ended at 11:30, only 25 minutes sooner than this concert here). One of those concerts was outdoor too.

That being said, people blame Axl simply because 99% of the time it IS his fault. He just chooses to go on late. He is how he is and I still love the guy but he doesn't get a free pass for all the other times he was late on this 2009/2010 tour where it WAS his fault just because it didn't cause huge problems here.

]

That's a fair argument. It really didn't end THAT late. It was before midnight so I don't see what the huge issue is.

The concert I went too, ended about 1.15 at night, so before 12 is kind of early :)

Read the reports from the local papers in Townsville and you'll see nothing but positivity.

Can you give us a link to it?

Edited by MBRose

If I buy a ticket to see a Guns N' Roses concert, I know going in to it that Axl may be late.

What's so fucking hard to understand about this?

It was not the people at the concert complaining it was the people that live near the venue that complained.

Townsville, Australia newspaper Townsville Bulletin was inundated with calls and texts earlier today (Thursday, December 2) from residents near the town's Reid Park who were frustrated by the noise and late finish of the GUNS N' ROSES concert.

]

That's a fair argument. It really didn't end THAT late. It was before midnight so I don't see what the huge issue is.

The concert I went too, ended about 1.15 at night, so before 12 is kind of early :)

That was the case in Hamilton in January as well. It ended just after 1 and a review I read in the paper the next day said nothing of the late start. Maybe a passing comment but nothing negative. Aside from mentioning that only half the arena was full (which it was, that wasn't a lie or intentionally negative), it was a positive review. Since other concerts on this tour have ended much later I find it funny how this review is making such a huge deal about one that still ended before midnight hit.