GUNS N' ROSES' Late Concert Finish Leaves Townsville Residents Fuming - Dec. 2, 2010

justmike66

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! what else is new?

Axl and his circus show up late again and the only people with the patience left to justify and defend their actions are gunsguy, rou gri, and RockNRoller. classic

i swear to god this forum gets more and more predictable every day

You are so predictable too...

lemme guess, you think i hate Axl Rose?

Ha! what else is new?

Axl and his circus show up late again and the only people with the patience left to justify and defend their actions are gunsguy, rou gri, and RockNRoller. classic

i swear to god this forum gets more and more predictable every day

You are so predictable too...

lemme guess, you think i hate Axl Rose?

nop... I don't think anyone here hates Axl.

The band is just as unhappy about the late starts as many of the fans are. They understand the chain of negative economic and logistic effects that go along with every late start and they do care - but they can not do a thing about it. It’s the Axl show, and you can’t blame the guy for being himself neither can you condone the negative effects of that. It is what it is, take it or leave it.

If the opening acts started late how could Guns N' Roses have got on stage on time?

"Hey Korn, I'm sorry but you have to end your concert now, it's GNR time"

Use your brains!

Man,the opening act starts whenever they are told to start. And they are told to start as soon as Axl is sitting in a closed, moving car that's not more than an hours drive away from the venue, so to speak.

Doesn't anybody in here get this? It's really not rocket science.

Nothing new. This happens at every Guns show. I'm not saying it's right. My opinion is that this kind of shit doesn't fly in today's market. No other major act does this on a consistent basis. And why couldn't GNR have gone on twenty minutes after Korn. I've been to plenty of shows where the headliner goes onstage within half an hour of the opener.

Metallica was on in less than 25 minutes after their opening acts. I guess thats why they have a cult like following and still sell out entire stadium no matter where they go.

and you'd think that someone who's posting here almost daily wold recognize his own "cult following" by now!

dude, GNR are more of a cult than ever could Metallica be! because, without any album since 1993, GNR has a fan base and a fan made site in all major countries over the world!

why are you so obtuse and reluctant to see it as it is!?

it's unbelievable how that expression works around here : "not to see the forest from the trees" or "see the other's straw on his face but can't see it's own bean in front of one's eyes" or something like that because i'm translated it, so i don't really know the right from in English, but com'on already!

I understand from all your posts which I happen to read, that you're mind is stuck in the past at former GNR band members,

but get real.

GNR are fulling arenas and stadium around the globe, just because they seem not to do it in the usa means shit, or it means a lot about the so called americans, it means that the majority are just slobs market consumers, who need TV and RADIO to tell them what to see and hear.

piss out, peace in

Neither guns n roses or Metallica have a 'cult following', the two bands are massive. A cult following is small but dedicated, these bands are mainstream.

Edited by axl8302

Back in the day it was raw, Axl + microphone connected via a lead.

Since then, the lead connection was dropped thus allowing for more freedom for movement.

Once thing is for sure, there's more realtime processing FX happing with Axl's voice these days.

If the opening acts started late how could Guns N' Roses have got on stage on time?

Use your brains!

Man,the opening act starts whenever they are told to start. And they are told to start as soon as Axl is sitting in a closed, moving car that's not more than an hours drive away from the venue, so to speak.

Apparently, you don't get that Korn is a big enough band that they will finish their set. You don't yank a band of that status. It's not the pigeons of shit metal.

Use your brains!

Guns were over an hour late AFTER Korn. Use YOUR brains. It does not take an hour to set up for the next band. Remove the bias from your eyes and see that this is a CONTINUOUS situation, not a one-off, Guns N' Roses are not the variable here, they are the constant.

Use your brains!

Guns were over an hour late AFTER Korn. Use YOUR brains. It does not take an hour to set up for the next band. Remove the bias from your eyes and see that this is a CONTINUOUS situation, not a one-off, Guns N' Roses are not the variable here, they are the constant.

They were an hour late and yet 99% of the people enjoyed the concert. Nobody likes you so stop trying so hard to make everyone hate you. You're already a douchebag.

Use your brains!

They were an hour late and yet 99% of the people enjoyed the concert. Nobody likes you so stop trying so hard to make everyone hate you. You're already a douchebag.

Oh yeh and your Mr forum member of the year aren't you? Done kissing Axl's arse? I think most people on the forum would prefer me over you. You claimed Chinese Democracy was better than Appetite!!! Your a joke!

Use your brains!

That's not truth. "the opening act starts whenever they are told to start". Bullshit.

On São Paulo the two opening acts and Sebastian Bach start straight on the correct time, but Guns N' Roses only came on stage two hours after Sebastian Bach finished his concert. On that day, Guns N' Roses was indeed very late, that's not the case here though.

It's Just baffling to me that some people don't realize that GN'R go on late at their shows, it's been common knowledge or at least 20 years.

& I'm not really ok with the comments being made about US fans, I would wait a whole week in a stadium to see GN'R, I missed em' in 2006 & still regret it.

Use your brains!

Oh yeh and your Mr forum member of the year aren't you? Done kissing Axl's arse? I think most people on the forum would prefer me over you. You claimed Chinese Democracy was better than Appetite!!! Your a joke!

You dont have to be kissing Axl's ass to thing that CD is better than Appetite. Appetite sounds outdated and too "Rock and Rolly" to some people such as myself.