"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion"

ManetsBR

D.J. ASHBA: It Will Be 'A Cold Day In Hell' Before AXL And SLASH Play Together Again - Dec. 7, 2010

According to current GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Daren "D.J." Ashba, it will be a "cold day in hell" before former GN'R bandmates Axl Rose and Slash collaborate again, quashing rumors of a possible reunion.

When Becko of Australia's long-running rock radio station Triple M questioned D.J. ahead of GN'R's show at the Sydney 500 V8 Supercars about the reports of Axl and Slash possibly getting back together, he shot it down. "That's completely false," D.J. said. "I know Axl really, really well, and he basically said that it would be a cold day in hell [before they work together]. But, that being said, obviously I don't know the inside insight and I'm just happy to be in the shoes of an amazing, legendary guitar player. It's really a treat for me to stand on stage next to somebody like Axl and [the rest of] this band. Everybody in this band is just top-notch musicians."

As for "Axl Time," Rose's infamously late appearances onstage, Ashba claims that they have nothing to do with the enigmatic singer — they are the fault of the room-service staff at the band's hotels. "It isn't even Axl that's late, it's always our room service that's late. We're waiting to eat before we go on," Ashba joked.

Listen to a clip of Ashba's interview with Triple M below.

http://www.roadrunne...wsitemID=150506

That's too bad. I'd take Slash any day over Dj.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man?

why start such a topic here? what's new about it?

didn't "the man" told his peace of mind about this issue?

like one of them will die or something...

just to give to the 5 people around here, who always search for a topic, even one of topic, just to cry their youth...

com'on, take it down, please!

or take it to the former band mates....

really man!!!!!

piss out, peace in

My......eyes........

Axl's immaturity is stunning. He is a little boy trapped in a man's body. If Mick and Keef can keep it together, the Police got back together and the Eagles worked things out then I see no reason other than the said immaturity that is keeping these 2 apart. As it has been said before, they just need to get on the same page and form some kind of a truce so that we, the fans, can get things like remastered/deluxe issues of AFD and UYI, a quality GH, etc. We are the ones paying the price for all of this.

It is not at all an issue of immaturity. Sometimes relationships turn sour and people go their separate ways. It has nothing to do with maturity or lack thereof. Some relationships just aren't meant to last, professional and personal, due to a variety of factors, including the personalities of the two people involved. Just as most people who get divorced don't get remarried, sometimes relationships end and end for good.

The only ones "paying the price" are those like yourself who feel they are owed a reunion and refuse to stop pining for one and living in the past.

Ali

Wow. Two things are really fascinating about this topic.

Moreblack gets his subtle jab in at the new band. And RouoGirl continues to kiss Axl's ass. I didn't expect either of those things.

I'm shocked you haven't tried to teach the forum a lesson, then un-register to then come back to your usual antics.

Oh, wait...

Edited by Spuffy78

To be honest,this doesn't surprise me at all.I am used with the idea that maybe they won't even talk to each other until they die.I feel really sorry,but i don't think someone could do anything..It's up to them to make things work again....I really don't think that we could dream for a reunion....Maybe some people don't agree with me but i think Ashba is doing a very good job,and if he gets on great with Axl,than all my congrats...I'm happy for them.Ashba and the other new guys don't bother me at all...If Axl thinks they are good enough to be in the band,i'm sure he is right...Axl had his reasons in choosing them.But this is just my oppinion,so if someone agrees me it's ok,if not,it's ok again.....

Edited by Julia Alexandra

Axl's immaturity is stunning. He is a little boy trapped in a man's body. If Mick and Keef can keep it together, the Police got back together and the Eagles worked things out then I see no reason other than the said immaturity that is keeping these 2 apart. As it has been said before, they just need to get on the same page and form some kind of a truce so that we, the fans, can get things like remastered/deluxe issues of AFD and UYI, a quality GH, etc. We are the ones paying the price for all of this.

It is not at all an issue of immaturity. Sometimes relationships turn sour and people go their separate ways. It has nothing to do with maturity or lack thereof. Some relationships just aren't meant to last, professional and personal, due to a variety of factors, including the personalities of the two people involved. Just as most people who get divorced don't get remarried, sometimes relationships end and end for good.

The only ones "paying the price" are those like yourself who feel they are owed a reunion and refuse to stop pining for one and living in the past.

Ali

hear hear! :rolleyes:

so... but with out such threads them will just slip into reality and will be like wow! so let's have them,

hence to still have like a sense of bad obsessions of the ones crying for their youth days...

and by comparison... will really know what is real or not! I guess... ahahhahahahaaa

man! it's interested to read those guys, so bitter so old in their souls, so lost!

I really hope they will regain their mental sanity, some time.. at 60 it's also good,

because one needs then more then ever, just to find that peace of skin from which some type of water runs out of the body...

Edited by roua gri

Ali

Where in the above did I directly say I wanted a reunion? I want them to have some sort of agreement that will get us some of their prior work remastered. The sound of AFD and UYI is terribly outdated.

I saw Axl on Saturday night. Guy can sing and front a band but he has the brain of a child.

He's a sad, sad man.

P.S. And before some paranoid delusional freak jumps to conclusions I travelled to Sydney to watch Axl in concert. Awesome show but I have little time for the individual who hides behind sun glasses.

Edited by shakamaker

Ali

The divorce analogy does not go down well with the reunionistas. The logic either escapes them completely or else, they choose to stubbornly ignore it.

I saw Axl on Saturday night. Guy can sing and front a band but he has the brain of a child.

He's a sad, sad man.

P.S. And before some paranoid delusional freak jumps to conclusions I travelled to Sydney to watch Axl in concert. Awesome show but I have little time for the individual who hides behind sun glasses.

When was the last time anyone saw Slash's eyes?

He's a sad, sad man.

I know right? Always seems miserable. Bitter. Lawsuit after lawsuit. Cash grab tour with Slash impersonator. Very sad.

Ali

Where in the above did I directly say I wanted a reunion? I want them to have some sort of agreement that will get us some of their prior work remastered. The sound of AFD and UYI is terribly outdated.

You said, "I see no reason other than the said immaturity that is keeping these 2 apart". No longer being apart is getting back together, which is what reuniting is.

Regardless, the only ones "paying the price" are those still pining for something from the past to happen again, like you wanting them to no longer be apart for whatever reason, remastered material, new material or a reunion tour. Sometimes relationships end and end for good with no getting back together ever again. It's just a fact of life.

Ali

I'm more surprised that anyone is shocked that any of the current band members would say something good about Slash or any of the old guys. I've never heard a bad word from newer members in regards to the former members. In fact, Bumblefoot said he'd gladly give his instrument away if one of the guys came on stage to play, which he did for Duff. Even Axl has never spoken ill of Slash's guitar work, just their personal issues. Just because Axl hates Slash doesn't mean the rest of the band does, too. Come on.

He's a sad, sad man.

I know right? Always seems miserable. Bitter. Lawsuit after lawsuit. Cash grab tour with Slash impersonator. Very sad.

Or maybe he is living his life exactly the way he wants to. I love how "fans" assume they know how Axl (or any celebrity) feels on a day-to-day basis.

Cash grab tour? What? So what differinciates (sp) Axl going on tour and Slash going on tour? Oh, I remember. Anything Axl does is for the money - anything Slash does is for the love of music.

Huge house, tons of money, beatiful gf, and he is traveling the world playing music......ya, sounds like a miserable life.

Oh, Rouo Girl....I would respond, but I can't really understand what you posted, sorry.

Ali

You said, "I see no reason other than the said immaturity that is keeping these 2 apart". No longer being apart is getting back together, which is what reuniting is.

Regardless, the only ones "paying the price" are those still pining for something from the past to happen again, like you wanting them to no longer be apart for whatever reason, remastered material, new material or a reunion tour. Sometimes relationships end and end for good with no getting back together ever again. It's just a fact of life.

Ali

Since you are going to split hairs, let me clarify. Like it or not they are forever linked through their music so this makes their relationship more of a familial one. I have accepted the fact that they are not going to perform, write or whatever together again. But, for the sake of the fans, they need to at least form some sort of working relationship. If you want to stick with the divorced couple angle then the kids i.e. the fans are the ones ultimately getting burnt in all of this. All I want is for some of the best rock albums of all time to get the sound update that they deserve.

Masto - but what if the divorced couple, or the band members, really don't like each other and don't want to get back together? At the end of the day, it is their lives, and it was their band. They are the ones who should decide what they do - not us fans.

He's a sad, sad man.

Or maybe he is living his life exactly the way he wants to. I love how "fans" assume they know how Axl (or any celebrity) feels on a day-to-day basis.

Cash grab tour? What? So what differinciates (sp) Axl going on tour and Slash going on tour? Oh, I remember. Anything Axl does is for the money - anything Slash does is for the love of music.

Huge house, tons of money, beatiful gf, and he is traveling the world playing music......ya, sounds like a miserable life.

Oh, Rouo Girl....I would respond, but I can't really understand what you posted, sorry.

Its a total cash grab man. At least Slash isn't an AFD jukebox.

Ali

The divorce analogy does not go down well with the reunionistas. The logic either escapes them completely or else, they choose to stubbornly ignore it.

He's a sad, sad man.

When was the last time anyone saw Slash's eyes?

Just this past week he did a Rolling Stone interview without them.

He's a sad, sad man.

Just for the sake of argument, Slash kind of is an AFD jukebox. Rocket Queen, Nightrain, WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, My Michelle have been played regularly on his tour. Along with Civil War and Patience. And VR songs. It makes a lot of sense considering that Slash was in GNR and VR, so he plays songs from those bands. Axl was and is in GNR, so he plays them as well. Duff also plays VR and GNR songs at Loaded shows. That's normally how it works. Slash does it the same as Axl does, he just has a bigger selection to chose from due to his solo, VR, and Snakepit endeavors. I don't know what makes it so bad that Axl, as leader of the band known as Guns N Roses, performs multiple tracks from the biggest album the band put out.

He's a sad, sad man.

Hhhhmmmm. Could have sworn that Velv Revolver does GnR songs on their tours. Again, what's the difference? Axl helped create every one of those songs......so why shouldn't he be allowed to play them? Oh, that's right. Because the Slash lovers don't hold Axl and Slash to the same standard. Slash quit GnR, so that means Axl should never be allowed to play any song they worked on together - ever again.

I don't get people like you. A real fan of the old band wishes all former members success. Only douchebags kiss one guy's ass and praise everything he does - while wishing failure to the other guy. And that goes for axl lovers and slash lovers.

Tho it is pretty funny to hear a slash lover say that axl is just going for the money. A bit ironic. Next they will call axl a publicity whore and when axl does a duet with britney spears say that he is awesome, cuz he isn't afraid to expand his music diversity level.

He's a sad, sad man.

Hhhhmmmm. Could have sworn that Velv Revolver does GnR songs on their tours. Again, what's the difference? Axl helped create every one of those songs......so why shouldn't he be allowed to play them? Oh, that's right. Because the Slash lovers don't hold Axl and Slash to the same standard. Slash quit GnR, so that means Axl should never be allowed to play any song they worked on together - ever again.

I don't get people like you. A real fan of the old band wishes all former members success. Only douchebags kiss one guy's ass and praise everything he does - while wishing failure to the other guy. And that goes for axl lovers and slash lovers.

Tho it is pretty funny to hear a slash lover say that axl is just going for the money. A bit ironic. Next they will call axl a publicity whore and when axl does a duet with britney spears say that he is awesome, cuz he isn't afraid to expand his music diversity level.

Did Slash quit or was his terms of employment and conditions of participation altered by the owner? The shocking truth may never be told. Inthe end the pissing contest between the two star componenets of GNR cost the world.

And really..after all this time why do people feel compelled to hang out in one camp or the other? Every Axlite here would be saying nothing but good shit if Slash was still in the fold and the same goes for the Slash camp. Obviously what we have here is a failure to communicate..or grow up.

I don't know what makes it so bad that Axl, as leader of the band known as Guns N Roses, performs multiple tracks from the biggest album the band put out.

-Because we waited 15 years for 1 new album... and we got 3 Chinese Democracy tours before the album came out.

-No music video (probably because he is paranoid that when the general public figures out it's Axl + no one familiar, he will have no ticket sales).

-Aside from Shotgun Blues, Dead Horse and One in a Million... Axl never wrote any guitar, for any songs from the original lineup. GNR (aside from 3 or 4 pretty ballads) was a guitar-oriented band.

-His biggest album, if holding the name is to be justified, should be the one he made on his own - not the one [AFD]where the music was written by an entirely different set of musicians that are known to be the original lineup.

Axl just needs to grow up. He is responsible for his image in the media, no one else. Fuck, he even sounded like an asshole when he did the Del interview. The man is fucked in the head.

I don't know what makes it so bad that Axl, as leader of the band known as Guns N Roses, performs multiple tracks from the biggest album the band put out.

-Because we waited 15 years for 1 new album... and we got 3 Chinese Democracy tours before the album came out.

-No music video (probably because he is paranoid that when the general public figures out it's Axl + no one familiar, he will have no ticket sales).

-Aside from Shotgun Blues, Dead Horse and One in a Million... Axl never wrote any guitar, for any songs from the original lineup. GNR (aside from 3 or 4 pretty ballads) was a guitar-oriented band.

-His biggest album, if holding the name is to be justified, should be the one he made on his own - not the one [AFD]where the music was written by an entirely different set of musicians that are known to be the original lineup.

Axl just needs to grow up. He is responsible for his image in the media, no one else. Fuck, he even sounded like an asshole when he did the Del interview. The man is fucked in the head.

Slashboy, just be honest and say: "I want Axl to go away and get out of the public eye."