Axl Rose Voted Greatest Frontman of All Time

ManetsBR

OgAAAMY73w33GaLreWOzUvsueYKLlvQ64cCAh03ekgJA2asv2oTSEgUIBoZkaidkGY1ID_KOqPatzCxSfLDPe3RSYmwAm1T1ULH-JB-CucUZM2gJbZAtzpugTdby.jpg

The public have spoken, and we can’t think of a more contentious choice for the greatest lead singer of all time. Forget the moustachioed, cornrowed croaking caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Axl Rose: dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, controversial; the hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process.

In his autobiography, Slash recounts his first encounter with that legendary voice: “Izzy brought me a tape of his band… it sounded like they were playing deep inside a jet engine. But through the static din, way in the background, I heard something intriguing, that I believed to be their singer’s voice. It was hard to make out and his squeal was so high-pitched that I thought it might be a technical flaw in the tape. It sounded like the squeak that a cassette makes just before the tape snaps – except it was in key.”

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-30-greatest-lead-singers-of-all-time-315448/30#content

He deserves.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OgAAAMY73w33GaLreWOzUvsueYKLlvQ64cCAh03ekgJA2asv2oTSEgUIBoZkaidkGY1ID_KOqPatzCxSfLDPe3RSYmwAm1T1ULH-JB-CucUZM2gJbZAtzpugTdby.jpg

The public have spoken, and we can’t think of a more contentious choice for the greatest lead singer of all time. Forget the moustachioed, cornrowed croaking caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Axl Rose: dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, controversial; the hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process.

In his autobiography, Slash recounts his first encounter with that legendary voice: “Izzy brought me a tape of his band… it sounded like they were playing deep inside a jet engine. But through the static din, way in the background, I heard something intriguing, that I believed to be their singer’s voice. It was hard to make out and his squeal was so high-pitched that I thought it might be a technical flaw in the tape. It sounded like the squeak that a cassette makes just before the tape snaps – except it was in key.”

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-30-greatest-lead-singers-of-all-time-315448/30#content

He deserves.

Bon Scott should be higher than 16, if not at the top. But, i'm happy with Axl being up there.

It's his logical place. Easily the best frontman of all times ,at last people come to reason. Great to see Freddy Mercury second, most people put Freddy first because he passed away (not just that but you can't deny it does influence...), but I think Axl really deserves the first place, his energy on stage is contagious and that's incredibly rare.

The best of the best. Axl Rose.

Steven Tyler should be higher than Bon Scott

James Labrie should NOT be on the list

Other than that it looks alright until you get to the top 10 and it all goes to shit.

# Matt Bellamy (Muse) 9

# Kurt Cobain (Nirvana) 8

# Thom Yorke (Radiohead) 7

# Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) 6

All of those higher than Paul McCartney? Fuck yourself. John and Paul should be 1 and 2, with Axl at 3.

Steven Tyler should be higher than Bon Scott

:shocked:

i guess one could argue that ... i would definately dissagree

I really hope you're joking.

not at all ... im sorry was i suppose to agree with your opinion ? id say alot of people would dissagree with that but thats just a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to thiers no ? or are we all suppose to agree with you ?

ill take bon over tyler always .

No way He Had braids on there unless he had plugs!!

Except the whole "Is he bald/The braids are just fake/etc" question was solved in December 2009 when he came back with his hair out of the braids, and his hair looked the same as it did in 2001 before the braids.

And there is a picture from 2001-2002 where his hair is partially braided, and partially not, and you can tell it's his real hair.