Axl Rose Voted Greatest Frontman of All Time

ManetsBR

Just for all the Slashbashers:

MusicRadar says: “The public have spoken. Forget the caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s – he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process.”

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid cheap dig at him at the start ruins it tbh, do they not realize he's still as great as he was?

Oh and there are some stupid names on that list, 'Frontman' =/= 'Vocalist', sure most of the time it does, but I don't think john lennon is much of a frontman, a great singer/songwriter for sure, but I dunno

As for all time, I'd let Freddie and Axl change places.

I think it's hard to compare the two of them.. But I like Axl being #1 for a change.. :)

Btw.. Have You seen the "One Night of Queen"-show with Gary Mullen? That man is amazing.. Almost like seeing Freddie himself :D

Forget the balding, top hatted, fat bellied media caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Slash: dangerous, lean, heir to Joe Perry, full of creative integrity, the best guitar player around;

:rofl-lol:

"...he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process."

I pulled this off of Blabbermouth to go with this. Also some other interesting thoughts on Axl's new status at this link.

AXL ROSE Is 'Greatest Lead Singer Of All Time,' According To New Poll http://bit.ly/fgypsz

1) "Dangerous"? What was so dangerous about him? As far as I know, nobody was scared of this dwarf. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't taken a pounding from many people that he used to bad-mouth and dismiss in his early years. "Lean"? Now, being lean really must be a talent since he looks like a fat pimp now. "Confrontational"? Nopes. He's a lean dwarf. I'm not intimidated. "Controversial"? Takes talent again...after all, almost everybody remotely famous these days are so because they're controversial. Hell, a C grade actor can get controversial - all he/she needs is a sex tape.

2) This guy isn't "fashionably late". As it turns out, he just smells his flowers, drinks his wine, eats 20 different varieties of cheese and sleeps backstage and hence, is late onstage. Hardly "rockstar" like IMO. Anybody that pisses a crowd off consistently by turning up late can cause riots. What does that prove?

Singing talent-wise, he was good in his early days, no doubt, but nothing special. Seb Bach has his lips glued to this douche's ass, but he could sing WAY better even back then. Halford, Bruce, Dio, Gillan. Coverdale, Plant, Freddy, Bach, Ripper Owens, Belladonna, Eric Adams, Steven Tyler (of old), Klaus Meine, King Diamond, etc are all heads, shoulders and waists above Axhole when it comes to singing. There are way more people that I mentioned, that too in rock/metal only, let alone all genres. Michael Jackson/Prince fans swear they're the greatest of all time. I don't agree, but I know they're better than this hack.

One word that would describe Axl is "obnoxious". But he's not the most obnoxious lead singer. That spot goes to his idol, David Lee Roth. And DLR was very sensible, charming and NEVER turned his back to his fans.

Edited by sleeper

Forget the balding, top hatted, fat bellied media caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Slash: dangerous, lean, heir to Joe Perry, full of creative integrity, the best guitar player around;

:rofl-lol:

"...he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process."

I pulled this off of Blabbermouth to go with this. Also some other interesting thoughts on Axl's new status at this link.

AXL ROSE Is 'Greatest Lead Singer Of All Time,' According To New Poll http://bit.ly/fgypsz

1) "Dangerous"? What was so dangerous about him? As far as I know, nobody was scared of this dwarf. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't taken a pounding from many people that he used to bad-mouth and dismiss in his early years. "Lean"? Now, being lean really must be a talent since he looks like a fat pimp now. "Confrontational"? Nopes. He's a lean dwarf. I'm not intimidated. "Controversial"? Takes talent again...after all, almost everybody remotely famous these days are so because they're controversial. Hell, a C grade actor can get controversial - all he/she needs is a sex tape.

2) This guy isn't "fashionably late". As it turns out, he just smells his flowers, drinks his wine, eats 20 different varieties of cheese and sleeps backstage and hence, is late onstage. Hardly "rockstar" like IMO. Anybody that pisses a crowd off consistently by turning up late can cause riots. What does that prove?

Singing talent-wise, he was good in his early days, no doubt, but nothing special. Seb Bach has his lips glued to this douche's ass, but he could sing WAY better even back then. Halford, Bruce, Dio, Gillan. Coverdale, Plant, Freddy, Bach, Ripper Owens, Belladonna, Eric Adams, Steven Tyler (of old), Klaus Meine, King Diamond, etc are all heads, shoulders and waists above Axhole when it comes to singing. There are way more people that I mentioned, that too in rock/metal only, let alone all genres. Michael Jackson/Prince fans swear they're the greatest of all time. I don't agree, but I know they're better than this hack.

One word that would describe Axl is "obnoxious". But he's not the most obnoxious lead singer. That spot goes to his idol, David Lee Roth. And DLR was very sensible, charming and NEVER turned his back to his fans.

he thinks DLR was axl's idol

MusicRadar says: "The public have spoken. Forget the caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process."

Forget the balding, top hatted, fat bellied media caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Slash: dangerous, lean, heir to Joe Perry, full of creative integrity, the best guitar player around

Can't help it that the media says such things. I know it's hard, but swallow it (and I know you don't have any problems to swallow things...)

ps. nobody gives a shit about what you say: you're a joke...

*edit* Forget the balding, top hatted, fat bellied media caricature: I would sware you would be talking about Axl.

Cause simply said: Axl is fat, has absolutely no condition, sings like a woman (nowadays), has hair extensions and has done botox. So please tell me: who is the caricature??

Edited by saulhudson88

MusicRadar says: "The public have spoken. Forget the caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s – he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process."

Forget the balding, top hatted, fat bellied media caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Slash: dangerous, lean, heir to Joe Perry, full of creative integrity, the best guitar player around

Can't help it that the media says such things. I know it's hard, but swallow it (and I know you don't have any problems to swallow things...)

*edit* Forget the balding, top hatted, fat bellied media caricature: I would sware you would be talking about Axl.

Cause simply said: Axl is fat, has absolutely no condition, sings like a woman (nowadays), has hair extensions and has done botox. So please tell me: who is the caricature??

Axl sings like a woman... The stupidity is endless!!!

MusicRadar says: "The public have spoken. Forget the caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s – he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process."

If you've actually heard any bootlegs from this year's concerts, he sounds like he did in '92 or '93.

And Slash is much fatter than Axl, Slash's got man tits, and Slash's whole front of his hairline is all thin, it looks weird.

I'd say Slash is the bigger caricature, since he basically is a cartoon. It's like time never moved on for Slash. It's still 1987. Slash has never evolved musically or aesthetically.

If you've actually heard any bootlegs from this year's concerts, he sounds like he did in '92 or '93.

And Slash is much fatter than Axl, Slash's got man tits, and Slash's whole front of his hairline is all thin, it looks weird.

I'd say Slash is the bigger caricature, since he basically is a cartoon. It's like time never moved on for Slash. It's still 1987. Slash has never evolved musically or aesthetically.

You're kidding? Yes, he sound way better than he did from 2000 till 2006, but he definitially doesn't come close to 92 or 93.

With 'much fatter' you meant 'much more muscles'? And by the way; he hasn't evolved? just listen to 'Slash'.

You're kidding? Yes, he sound way better than he did from 2000 till 2006, but he definitially doesn't come close to 92 or 93.

With 'much fatter' you meant 'much more muscles'? And by the way; he hasn't evolved? just listen to 'Slash'.

I disagree, I have a bunch of boots from all the eras and he sounds like a mix of '92 and '93. His voice has the control of '93 but the rasp of '92.

As to "more muscles" Slash doesn't seem muscle bound to me, and Axl is actually pretty normal in size for his age and height.

And Slash sounded like the same old shit. It was really, really bland. Snakepit was a lot better.

MusicRadar says: "The public have spoken. Forget the caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s he was dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, and controversial. The hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process."

You are exactly the same as he is........very predictable. Most of the time, when I see your name, I already know what you are going to say, we all know! Just as Volcano .......

Edited by MBRose

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Great news and greatly deserved. He commanded the stage like no one else back in the day and was here there and every where in seconds.

He is still fantastic today don't get me wrong but back in the day no one came close. His stage presence was amazing.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel