GUNS N' ROSES' Former Manager (Irving Azoff) Responds To AXL ROSE's Legal Claim

star

I think it's important that the bigger names stand up against the corrupt business side, because the smaller bands just can't do it. So to get things done write people like Prince, George Michael, Courtney or Axl have to take a stand. (MLK Maddy clip plays in background)

Just added the appropriate enhancement to your post. Hope you don't mind... :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try Clairity,Calmness,and Cohesive facts,although this will surely be wasted on some posters, Assoff,with malice and forethought addressed his portion of the lawsuit to a PKA,not an AKA,when you have gone through legalities to have your name legally changed,one must have all your identification such as your DL and Passport under your legal name,from that point on all legal papers must be addressed to your legal name,not the pka (previously known as),So Assoff's tactics are malicious to say the least,it was a provocation, I'm confident that the judicial system and anti-trust attorneys will be watching this and realize how Assoff has implemented his bully stance more than once ie: Look at the difficulty that Springsteen had with Ticketbastard/Live Nation,who knows how he manipulated/sabotaged/blackmailed other bands into reunions? It is clearly abuse of power,and Assoff should be bitchslapped into the consquences of his actions, It is far better to stand up and die for your convictions,than bow down and perish knee deep in someone else's vile vomitous lies and litigations.

I think it's important that the bigger names stand up against the corrupt business side, because the smaller bands just can't do it. So to get things done write people like Prince, George Michael, Courtney or Axl have to take a stand. (MLK Maddy clip plays in background)

Just added the appropriate enhancement to your post. Hope you don't mind... :)

Thx, man.

I forgot to say Charlie Sheen.

Azoff resigned and abandoned GUNS N' ROSES on the eve of a major tour, filing suit for commissions he didn't earn and had no right to receive."

IMO this line sums it all up. Assoff, ups, I mean, Azoff asked for money from a job HE DIDN´T DO so, I think it is pretty clear and nothing more needs to be said.

I hope Axl wins this one.

Assoff? Sweet,Black Horse,actually I recently spoke to someone that had dealings with him in the past and they said he had always been a "Pigdog of the worst kind",I'm hoping the judicial antitrust people will notice how Assoff has been abusing his Monopoly powers,over Artists via Ticketbastard and Live Nation!

;)

It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I would not count on the Government stepping in and hassling Azoff. The man had to have very powerful friends in Washington to get the Ticketmaster/ Live Nation merger through as it was/is an obvious monopoly..........

They stated at the hearings prior to the merger,they would be "monitoring" the situation, even the President can be impeached,so money and power don't always trump wrongdoing, Assoff even went to twitter to boast and provoke,I'm quite sure all factors will be taken into consideration,Assoff is not immune to the justice system,although he may think so.

Let's try Clairity,Calmness,and Cohesive facts,although this will surely be wasted on some posters, Assoff,with malice and forethought addressed his portion of the lawsuit to a PKA,not an AKA,when you have gone through legalities to have your name legally changed,one must have all your identification such as your DL and Passport under your legal name,from that point on all legal papers must be addressed to your legal name,not the pka (previously known as),So Assoff's tactics are malicious to say the least,it was a provocation, I'm confident that the judicial system and anti-trust attorneys will be watching this and realize how Assoff has implemented his bully stance more than once ie: Look at the difficulty that Springsteen had with Ticketbastard/Live Nation,who knows how he manipulated/sabotaged/blackmailed other bands into reunions? It is clearly abuse of power,and Assoff should be bitchslapped into the consquences of his actions, It is far better to stand up and die for your convictions,than bow down and perish knee deep in someone else's vile vomitous lies and litigations.

true, if the judge had any sense he'd throw the case out for getting the defendant's name wrong on purpose

true, if the judge had any sense he'd throw the case out for getting the defendant's name wrong on purpose

Agreed Sturginho,G'morning,it was definitely an act meant to taunt/and upset, Invariably won't look favorable in the eyes of the Law :thumbsup:

Must catch a few Z's,back later.

And this is the reason there'll be no guns studio release for the forseeable :(

Just curious: What was the reason from 1994-2008?

Axl was waiting for the first black president to be elected in the US before he released a new album.

Axl will probably wait to release his next album when that president is voted out of office. I'm hoping 2012. :thumbsup:

The truth is that Axl was never going to release CD, ever.

When people asked when it would come out, he just said "when Hell freezes over", "when we get a black president" etc. And when Obama got elected he was all like "Fuck, what am I gonna do now? I only got a bunch of average songs, and now I HAVE to release them.... Better get some braids to get the focus away from the quality of the songs :xmassrudolph: "

Edited by Christian

Axl was waiting for the first black president to be elected in the US before he released a new album.

Axl will probably wait to release his next album when that president is voted out of office. I'm hoping 2012. :thumbsup:

When people asked when it would come out, he just said "when Hell freezes over", "when we get a black president" etc. And when Obama got elected he was all like "Fuck, what am I gonna do now? I only got a bunch of average songs, and now I HAVE to release them.... Better get some dread locks to get the focus away from the quality of the songs :xmassrudolph: "

And that's why he removed the braids around then but then he... changed his mind about the dreadlocks?

When people asked when it would come out, he just said "when Hell freezes over", "when we get a black president" etc. And when Obama got elected he was all like "Fuck, what am I gonna do now? I only got a bunch of average songs, and now I HAVE to release them.... Better get some dread locks to get the focus away from the quality of the songs :xmassrudolph: "

And that's why he removed the braids around then but then he... changed his mind about the dreadlocks?

Braids, dread locks, whatever you "gangtaz" call it...

• 4 weeks later...

Settlement Efforts Between Axl Rose And Former Manager Hit Sour Note

Monday April 11, 2011

Efforts to settle dueling lawsuits involving Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose and his former manager have hit a sour note, but attorneys told a judge today they will continue their mediation efforts.

During a brief hearing before Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rita Miller, the lawyers for Rose and Irving Azoff said they plan to meet with the mediator, a retired judge, on April 25. Trial is scheduled the next day.

Azoff sued Rose in March 2010, claiming the musician owes his company, Front Line Management, more than $1.8 million and broke a verbal agreement to pay the company a 15 percent commission for performances by the band in Taipei, Seoul, Japan, Canada and South America.

Rose countersued last May 17, claiming the manager tried to force him to reunite with the original Guns N' Roses band members and failed to properly promote the band's Chinese Democracy CD.

The suit also claims Azoff lied about a prospective Van Halen super tour and mishandled the band's tour dates.

The countersuit refers to the U.S. Justice Department's recent antitrust lawsuit that sought to stop Ticketmaster and Live Nation from merging over concerns the new entity would have too much control over artists and venues.

Afterwards, Ticketmaster entered into a consent decree with government regulators that allowed the merger to go forward under certain operating provisions.

SOURCE

Court papers submitted on behalf of Azoff state that Rose has refused to take part in the settlement talks and has not given his lawyers permission to make commitments on his behalf.

However, Rose's lawyer, Sasha Frid, denied the musician is the stumbling block in resolving the case.

Source

Forgot that part Star

Thanks for posting.

Rose countersued last May 17, claiming the manager tried to force him to reunite with the original Guns N' Roses band members and failed to properly promote the band's Chinese Democracy CD.

How do you define 'properly promote' ?

While under Azoff management, the album was released. Azoff succeeded where other's had failed.

Azoff (for all we know) got Axl the Best Buy deal. For such an ill received album lacking in hits, Azoff did Axl good.

Since then an now, Axl has appeared on stage with Duff.

Virtually no promotion at all, as was the case.

Azoff (for all we know) got Axl the Best Buy deal. For such an ill received album lacking in hits, Azoff did Axl good.

The album got for the most part mixed to well received reviews, it was hardly ill recieved. If you mean sales wise, I refer to my answer above.

While under Azoff management, the album was released. Azoff succeeded where other's had failed.

Considering Axl did zero promotion of ChiDem I think he has a pretty week argument blaming the lack of promotion on Azoff..If he thought Azoff was not getting it done why didn't he switch Managers then and why not do some interviews and quick videos to promote the release?

I don't think Axl is going to win this one. He may settle with Azoff but I can see him paying the guy something....Since Azoff has an inhouse staff of lawyers he is paying anyway to fight this suit for him he can bleed Axl if the case drags on..Axl should settle and move on............In the end he is going to pay more than the suit was for IMHO just to be the last man standing......

You should read the specific complaints cited in the countersuit before dismissing its validity. There are specifics that are interesting to read to say the least.

Ali

How do you define'properly promote' ?

dude?! what?! are for real?

to get the album out - that is to distribute it is one thing - that's the deal with Best Buy.

ill received album lacking in hits - you fucker!

what is a hit, but a song with a video?

or you still leave in lala lend were you make believe that AFD had hits before any of them got a video?

read some history man! and mind you that was 1987/1989 we are talking about not 2008 when the age of the internet is getting stronger- that is the visual image has become even greater in importance then it did before!

or do you believe that YUI hits are anything but good songs with a video, who got that way to be heard by the masses,

look man, radio is long gone, you hear......... there is were the importance of radio is in marketing a music product.

it's more like the radios need the music this days to be alive.

and you still ask How do you define'properly promote' ?

well that would be a properly promote

- it's about advertising the product man, that is you make a nice video for a song, get it played on the main music-videos channels then hit the internet with it! what else!? dumb ass!

do you doubt that any of the songs from Chinese Democracy that would got a music video, won't become a hit,

that is a rock hit not a pop-hit!? tell me in my face, tell me in my face - it's from zohan -

Chinese Democracy, Better, Shacler's, TWAT, ITW, Sorry, Street of Dreams, Cather, IRS, Madagascar, This I Love, Prostitute, did I left any? B) they all have the potential of becoming with a video.

get interviews with band members - best will be with the whole actual band in one place - as is happened in Dubai or wherever in middle-est! or do you honestly believe that's somebody's else job to do it but the manager?

get a working internet site for the band!

that's about promotion also, capisce?

how is this for a good post?! ha!? :D

hope you don't get that offended by my adjectives, but your question man, just got to me.

Considering Axl did zero promotion of ChiDem I think he has a pretty week argument blaming the lack of promotion on Azoff..If he thought Azoff was not getting it done why didn't he switch Managers then and why not do some interviews and quick videos to promote the release?

I don't think Axl is going to win this one. He may settle with Azoff but I can see him paying the guy something....Since Azoff has an inhouse staff of lawyers he is paying anyway to fight this suit for him he can bleed Axl if the case drags on..Axl should settle and move on............In the end he is going to pay more than the suit was for IMHO just to be the last man standing......

You should read the specific complaints cited in the countersuit before dismissing its validity. There are specifics that are interesting to read to say the least.

Ali

I missed the part where he "dismissed its validity"

To me all this is is another delay of CDII. Another reason for the music to take a backseat which is the last thing this band needs!

Edited by SuperBlaine

to get the album out - that is to distribute it is one thing - that's the deal with Best Buy.

or you still leave in lala lend were you make believe that AFD had hits before any of them got a video?

read some history man! and mind you that was 1987/1989 we are talking about not 2008 when the age of the internet is getting stronger- that is the visual image has become even greater in importance then it did before!

or do you believe that YUI hits are anything but good songs with a video, who got that way to be heard by the masses,

look man, radio is long gone, you hear......... there is were the importance of radio is in marketing a music product.

- it's about advertising the product man, that is you make a nice video for a song, get it played on the main music-videos channels then hit the internet with it! what else!? dumb ass!

do you doubt that any of the songs from Chinese Democracy that would got a music video, won't become a hit,

that is a rock hit not a pop-hit!? tell me in my face, tell me in my face - it's from zohan -

Chinese Democracy, Better, Shacler's, TWAT, ITW, Sorry, Street of Dreams, Cather, IRS, Madagascar, This I Love, Prostitute, did I left any? B) they all have the potential of becoming with a video.

get interviews with band members - best will be with the whole actual band in one place - as is happened in Dubai or wherever in middle-est! or do you honestly believe that's somebody's else job to do it but the manager?

hope you don't get that offended by my adjectives, but your question man, just got to me.

They released 1 or was it 2 singles from CD. Both were an epic fail.

Blame it on not having a video if you want. They should have made a video.

Oh hold on, I think they did make a video, but it never got used (for whatever reason).

I doubt Azoff is to blame.

This started when Azoff sued Axl. Instead of paying up, Axl counter sued - maybe in hope Azoff would call it quits. I bet Azoff original claim has far more substance than Axl's. The bottom line is, if the singles were any good, the radio stations would have played them. Good music sells. Bad music don't sell.

Edited by star

Ali

I missed the part where he "dismissed its validity"

To me all this is is another delay of CDII. Another reason for the music to take a backseat which is the last thing this band needs!

Yes, apparently you didn't read the part about a "pretty weak argument" on the promotion angle. The fact is, it's up to management to arrange promotional appearances, advertisements, etc. It's up to Axl to show up. That's not to say he would have. But, again, the point is that there are specific issues brought up that should be read before deeming an argument weak or not. There are issues related to unapproved artwork and unauthorized streaming of the album as well that are non-trivial.

Ali

Good music sells. Bad music don't sell.

Britney Spears has got the number 1 spot. That's good music?

"Good music sells. Bad music don't sell."

Dude you should know that statement is a fallacy, actually almost never do what's best and most popular coincide, it's usually the exact opposite. Years ago in the music industry what you're saying had more validity but not even close anymore in pop culture.

As the guy above me pointed out so Britney Spears is good music now days? (don't get me wrong i think music sucks now days for the most part, but it doesn't suck that bad for her to be the best)

Edited by amacfantasy

Good music sells. Bad music don't sell.

Britney Spears has got the number 1 spot. That's good music?

right on! :thumbsup: but will the likes as Star get it?! B)

Maybe this legal action is, in actual factual actuality, the monumental promotion we've been promised all along!

chinese democracy starts now.

How's it working so far?

between this and a $1.99 cd, its working like a charm