Matt Sorum says, Axl played the London show for Duff not for the audience.

Dude on the Couch

i dont find anything wrong with what Matt has to say

some of you guys blow every little detail out of proportion

Agreed. Some words by him, which are neither really surprising, nor that far off that anyone else couldn't have had that idea (of Axl giving a little extra in his performance).

I think I will go with Duff's version of events.

Matt has bugged me ever since he made the "what's with the piano?" comment. You mean what's with the instrument that the most important member of the band plays?

Matt should just shut up and drum.

Sorum is a good drummer (I think his drumming on UYI is great) and for some reason he seems like a nice dude, to me at least. He actually knows Duff and Axl, so he can say whatever he wants. We all have opinions here and so does he. No need to bash the guy.

But I don't think "Axl sang for Duff". I wasn't there but if Sorum sees it that way, then okay.

Edited by jekylhyde

Matt is correct. watch the video and you will see Axl look directly into Duff's eyes and sing " I'll rip your heart in two". I noticed it the first time and thought it was odd. Axl had a wierd vibe to him when they shared the stage in London. It is a fact that Matt saved the band back in the day, so all the people who say he ruined UYI are fucking morons. Furthermore, who cares if some guy is banned and signs up again to voice his opinion. That just proves how pointless it is to ban someone on a fucking forum.

Matt is correct. watch the video and you will see Axl look directly into Duff's eyes and sing " I'll rip your heart in two". I noticed it the first time and thought it was odd. Axl had a wierd vibe to him when they shared the stage in London. It is a fact that Matt saved the band back in the day, so all the people who say he ruined UYI are fucking morons. Furthermore, who cares if some guy is banned and signs up again to voice his opinion. That just proves how pointless it is to ban someone on a fucking forum.

The problem is, this particular guy signs up with account after account posting the same negative shit attacking the band, Axl, or reunion masturbation IN THE MAIN SECTION. He never partakes in any of the other sections, EVER. The guy is the very definition of a cupcake.

He has had approximately ten to twelve accounts, all of which were banned each time for the same reason.

It is a fact that Matt saved the band back in the day, so all the people who say he ruined UYI are fucking morons.

The same way Robin saved GnR back in 1997 right ?

Axl and Slash have both spoken on record about how finding Matt kept the band from falling apart during the recording of UYI, that is a fact, like it or not. The adler infatuation on here is bizarre. The guy is a admitted cocksucker ,and has done jack shit as a muscian since departing the band.

Matt who?

exactly :violin: Matt always has things to say about Axl. The guy needs to find a hobby, honestly.

And when he isn't talking about Axl, he's talking about Scott Weiland. At least Axl and Scott actually still have a career, they are great frontmen and will be remembered. Matt Sorum? Does anyone who is not a GNR or VR fan even know who he is?

I actually used to like Matt, but when VR was together he would say that he didn't miss working with Axl at all, then when Scott left/got kicked out of VR (whoevers story you wanna believe) he said that at least Axl could attract a big crowd and Scott couldn't. He is so full of shit. And his laugh is incredibely annoying!

Edited by RocketQueen1985

It is a fact that Matt saved the band back in the day, so all the people who say he ruined UYI are fucking morons.

No, Slash chose Matt which makes Matt one of the coolest people ever to grace the planet.

BUT Matt found Robin. Oh well, everybody makes mistakes...

Axl and Slash have both spoken on record about how finding Matt kept the band from falling apart during the recording of UYI, that is a fact, like it or not. The adler infatuation on here is bizarre. The guy is a admitted cocksucker ,and has done jack shit as a muscian since departing the band.

It's not an Adler infatuation ( even though his drumming on AFD had something special whereas Matt's on UYI was in a complete different style and sounds a bit more dated nowadays ), it's the fact that some "hired guns" seem to be OK ( Matt and Gilby ) and are considered real members and even have the right to express negative stuff about Axl wheras everybody post 1997 just plain sucks in some people's eyes though they have the exact same status in the band : they were hired for recording or touring purposes.

Which means that Slash is the defining factor when it comes to determining whether a particular GnR lineup can be considered "real GnR" or not, since both Adler nor Izzy seem to have any importance whatsoever.

It's not an Adler infatuation ( even though his drumming on AFD had something special whereas Matt's on UYI was in a complete different style and sounds a bit more dated nowadays ), it's the fact that some "hired guns" seem to be OK ( Matt and Gilby ) and are considered real members and even have the right to express negative stuff about Axl wheras everybody post 1997 just plain sucks in some people's eyes though they have the exact same status in the band : they were hired for recording or touring purposes.

Which means that Slash is the defining factor when it comes to determining whether a particular GnR lineup can be considered "real GnR" or not, since both Adler nor Izzy seem to have any importance whatsoever.

:thumbsup: Amen!

except it didnt take 11 years after matt joined to get an album out

and he didnt run away before the release and tour of that album

otherwise yea he saved them just like robin

I don't have any problem with people who don't consider NuGnR to be GnR at all for the record.

I'd personally rather have the band called something else : less whining from the fanbase, less abuse towards the musicians, less legal bullshit, more Chinese less Appetite, perfect...

But at least have some coherence : if Dizzy isn't a real member, neither is Matt or Gilby. If it's okay to have Izzy replaced, I don't see why it isn't to have Slash replaced : they both contributed to the original band in their own special way. :shrugs:

Or at least have the honnesty to admit that GnR = Slaxl for you, which is the case for quite a big part of the fanbase... :shrugs:

EDIT : @ AngelZ : yes, I reckon that if NuGnR had released music on a regular fanbase since 1997, there would be less hostility towards the band and it would have been more accepted now.

It is what it is unfortunately...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I don't have any problem with people who don't consider NuGnR to be GnR at all for the record.

I'd personally rather have the band called something else : less whining from the fanbase, less abuse towards the musicians, less legal bullshit, more Chinese less Appetite, perfect...

But at least have some coherence : if Dizzy isn't a real member, neither is Matt or Gilby. If it's okay to have Izzy replaced, I don't see why it isn't to have Slash replaced : they both contributed to the original band in their own special way. :shrugs:

Or at least have the honnesty to admit that GnR = Slaxl for you, which is the case for quite a big part of the fanbase... :shrugs:

EDIT : @ AngelZ : yes, I reckon that if NuGnR had released music on a regular fanbase since 1997, there would be less hostility towards the band and it would have been more accepted now.

It is what it is unfortunately...

So you want the band to change its name soley to keep people from " whining "? According to the current lawsuit against activision, Axl is the only member of GNR , and that fact is backed up by everyone leaving the band over the course of all the years. I dont care about the name. Alot of other succesful bands have used band names to promote records and sell-out concerts. GNR=Slaxl for me? Never said that. Never implied it either. And I suppose a large part of the fan base is Axl/Slash, but that is no different than any other worldwide group(u2-bono/the edge, The Stones mick/keith, Zeppelin page/plant, Beatles lennon/mccartney). Only the diehards care about the larry mullens, izzys, charlie watts, or John paul jones