Axl Rose v Bono

Unknown Caller

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love u2, a lot. And i love gnr, a lot. but bono and axl? no contest. Bono is a egotistic prick(not saying axl isnt)! But when i saw u2 back in 06 i think it was, all Bono did was talk about poverty and shit like that, i paid 180pounds for him to sing some songs, did i even get much of that? no. As were talking about careers like, Bono made a good effort but ruened it with that Bob bloke, but then again Axl ruened it with himself.

I vote Axl!

Bono's prob. going to get the Nobel one day and goes to world leaders and walks away with a billion dollar check. U2 can put out mediocre music and still get a Grammy win.

But here's where U2 beats every band out. They own their master tapes and publishing, they license them out for a period of time. That puts them in a rare position few bands are able to be in.

Chris Blackwell of Island Records had worked it out where they made almost no money on their albums and had to tour their asses off, and get this, Island couldn't pay them in the mid 80s so U2 wound up with something like 10 percent ownership in Island Records, and this was before "Joshua Tree". Bob Marley's estate also owns all those songs free and clear.

Bono's stayed married to the same woman for 30 years, which means he's never had to give alimony, but I'm doubting he was 100 percent faithful, or they have an open marriage, and prob. got the snip job so he never has to deal with paternity lawsuits. Axl's stayed single and no one's tried to say they're Axl Rose's son. So on that end, they've been financially successful.

They've both dealt with fans pretty good, there's plenty of instances you'll see them signing stuff for the fans and being gracious (there's not a lot of situations where you'll see Bono being pissed off except at concerts where the fans act up), but you'll see Bono talking to fans more, Axl kind of deals with it but doesn't hang for long. But equally gracious and not being divas about not signing stuff.

Live show debate - U2's more energetic shows were 1981-1982, and prob. "Live at Red Rocks" is when they started getting polished, but if you ever see the early appearances from 81-82, they're pretty good. Put those shows up against GNR's Ritz 1988 or any of their early shows, because it's just the band, and I think Bono and Axl both were masters at getting the crowd worked up.

Seriously? This?

So you're not content with being as annoying as possible in Anything Goes and News section, now you wanna be annoying in My World too?

Yes. NGTFO.

Bono's a stuck up asshole. You couldn't pay me to see Bono in concert.

Axl has a broader vocal range, is more entertaining and you never know what he's going to do.

So Axl isn't a stuck up asshole?

This is the same guy who has bitten a security guard's leg, tried to punch a fan for video taping him while pissing off the city of St. Louis, called his opening acts shit, among other things. Axl is always in the news.

Said it a million times: quality vs. quantity.

Bono has the most uninspiring, sappiest, and bull shit non fascinating songs I've ever heard. I've purchased a few U2 albums and have tried hard to get into the hype, but it's an exercise in futility.

THANKYOU

You know he raised 15 million for the ONE foundation in 08... Only $190,000 actually was used for a good cause.

That's a scumbag. Axls no angel, and he has his own problems but he's good natured at heart and he thinks what he is doing is right, even though its not some of the time. Bono knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

Axl has a broader vocal range, is more entertaining and you never know what he's going to do.

U2 concerts are like citywide events for whatever city they are playing in. Virtually no band can say that.

Then U2 wins easily. They have at least four albums that are consider among the greatest of alltime, by a wide variety of critics.

Bono has the most uninspiring, sappiest, and bull shit non fascinating songs I've ever heard. I've purchased a few U2 albums and have tried hard to get into the hype, but it's an exercise in futility.

You don't like any of these?

With or Without You

Beautifu Day

New Year's Day

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

All I Want Is You

God's Country

Pride

The Fly

Even Better Than The Real Thing

One

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Vertigo

Mysterious Ways

You know he raised 15 million for the ONE foundation in 08... Only $190,000 actually was used for a good cause.

Link?

Axls no angel, and he has his own problems but he's good natured at heart and he thinks what he is doing is right

Erin Everly might disagree with you. Something about being trapped in a closet.

Bono knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

Yeah. Trying to help people that are less fortunate. Nothing wrong with that..

I could give two shits about your appeal to popularity. I'm quite aware of their "success", and I think they owe a certain amount to the facts they're extremely media friendly and they are a glossed over version of Nickleback with a far more charismatic front man.

One and a half songs I dig.

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, and One (covered by Johnny Cash)

Edited by AbominableHoman

why do people think u2 are good? Honestly I'm curious. I have NO idea where people get it from.

Probaly the same reason that people like CD.

Different strokes for different folks...

I could give two shits about your appeal to popularity. I'm quite aware of their "success", and I think they owe a certain amount to it because they're extremely media friendly and a glossed over version of Nickleback with a far more charismatic front man.

I can respect your opinion, but that bolded part, is just plain silly. By the way, in the 80's u2 was considered a indie band plaing college rock and they still were popular.

they've grown with their audience.....nothing wrong that. not to mention they RESPECT their audience.....which is more then I can say about another band.

I could give two shits about your appeal to popularity. I'm quite aware of their "success", and I think they owe a certain amount to it because they're extremely media friendly and a glossed over version of Nickleback with a far more charismatic front man.

I can respect your opinion, but that bolded part, is just plain silly. By the way, in the 80's u2 was considered a indie band plaing college rock and they still were popular.

they've grown with their audience.....nothing wrong that. not to mention they RESPECT their audience.....which is more then I can say about another band.

I said that because they're formulaic and not very innovative; they're just catchy enough to where they can be played a million times. Bono's voice doesn't dazzle me, and I can't imagine a single time where I thought "wow, killer rift, The Edge."

And like I said, media friendly. If I cared about an artist respecting an audience I wouldn't be a fan of half the bands I am.

I said that because they're formulaic and not very innovative; they're just catchy enough to where they can be played a million times. Bono's voice doesn't dazzle me, and I can't imagine a single time where I thought "wow, killer rift, The Edge."

And like I said, media friendly. If I cared about an artist respecting an audience I wouldn't be a fan of half the bands I am.

You act as if audience respect isn't important.

Also, The Fly has one of the best guitar solos ever. So yes, killer riff, Edge.

You fucker.

U2 concerts are like citywide events for whatever city they are playing in. Virtually no band can say that.

Then U2 wins easily. They have at least four albums that are consider among the greatest of alltime, by a wide variety of critics.

You don't like any of these?

With or Without You

Beautifu Day

New Year's Day

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

All I Want Is You

God's Country

Pride

The Fly

Even Better Than The Real Thing

One

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Vertigo

Mysterious Ways

Moment Of Surrender, Zooropa, Stay, One Tree Hill, God Part II, I Will Follow to add to that list.

I'm not a huge U2 or Bono fan but Joshua Tree is as good as AFD in it's own right. In this current time you'd have to go with Bono because they can sell out huge arenas/stadiums where as GN'R are playing to around 20,000 people at some gigs albeit that's no small amount but you could never see GN'R selling out a stadium tour well not in the U.K not now anyway. Maybe if Axl got his old chums together again then he might be seen as the more successful/popular artist of the two.