Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Supernatural. Big mistake, starting a new show in the middle of my exam period, but hey what the hell.

I'm about half way through (no spoilers please!) and it's pretty good. The whole angst thing is overdone (way overdone!) and most of the monster-of-the-week episodes are completely forgetable but the arc episodes are usually really good and the arc story itself is pretty gripping.

Pretty awesome soundtrack too!

Game of Thrones as been great, as expected. Part of me feels like it's not as good as the first season, though.

Also, almost finished the third season of Eastbound & Down. Sad that it's the last season. Such a great show.

I'm also hoping to get some shows here soon, like Deadwood, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Rome. Heard great things about all of them.

I've just watched the last episode of House ever. :cry:

House is a great show but I stopped watching after season 4 for some reason. Maybe I should watch the rest as I really love House, I used to have a huge crush on him even.

Haha... I still have a crush on him!

And yes, you should watch the rest... the best things happened after season 4 (but I'm not gonna spoil it) ;)

I've just watched the last episode of House ever. :cry:

House is a great show but I stopped watching after season 4 for some reason. Maybe I should watch the rest as I really love House, I used to have a huge crush on him even.

Haha... I still have a crush on him!

And yes, you should watch the rest... the best things happened after season 4 (but I'm not gonna spoil it) ;)

Well he IS hot, thats for sure. Watching Black Books these days but after that I might watch House.

Seeing Southpark, haven't seen it a while. Great cartoon!

south park is the best thing that has ever happened to this earth! :D

even if the start of the latest season was kinda weak.... but everything else is top class :D

South Park hasn't been good for the past four seasons or so.

season 12 is one of the beast. season 13 and 14 vere great with many already classic moments.

every episode on 15 was good but some was much better then others like wikileaks, royal pudding, you're getting old.

Season 12-15 are all shitty and a sad, broken down shell of what the show used to be.

crazy talk

Pandemic 1 & 2

About Last Night...

The Ring

Fishsticks

Whale Whores

Medicinal Fried Chicken

Coon 2: part 1, 2 & 3

Royal Pudding

You're Getting Old

Assburgers

Bass to Mouth

All great episodes

Season 12-15 are all shitty and a sad, broken down shell of what the show used to be.

I just think they made it a low priority once they got their award for the Mormon musical. It's still better than Family Guy.

thatmusical was great (heavn't seen it live because I live in sweden but I've seen a bootleg). and everything is better then Family Guy :lol:

Justified! Justified! Justified!!

Seriously, best show on tv right now

watched 10 mintues of it a few weeks ago, and quit

gave another chance over the past two weeks, and geez what a great show. A modern day Gunsmoke.

Best dialogue of any TV show going.

Boyd Crowder (Shane from the Shield) is cooler than a polar bears toenail.

If you like Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy, CSI, or the Shield, you'll love this show.

This is Timothy Olyphant best performance, not Deadwood....and I love Deadwood.

Justified for the win!!!!

Edited by SunnyDRE

Make Deadwood your FIRST priority.

You need to make Justified your new priority.

Timothy Olyphant from deadwood

Walton Goggins from the shield

almost like modern version of Deadwood, but with comic relief.

Justified is fun in a languid kind of way. One episode is pretty good. I'm not sure if it's one you watch straight through like 24.

your joking right? 24 is garbage.

I don't want to pile through this whole thread, but some of the TV shows I really like at the moment are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Breaking Bad.

I'll watch the occasional Arrested Development, That '70s Show, and Dexter though. Dexter really went to shit. It hasn't been good since the fourth season and even the third season sucked.

Breaking Bad ends next season. It's probably the most well done series I've seen and I am expecting a spectacular series finale.

I agree with you on dexter. i lost interest half way through season six.

you should stop watching arrested development occasionally, and just sit down with a blunt one weekend and watch the whole series.

maybe the best tv show (comedy or drama) ever.

Part of me doesn't want Breaking Bad to come back. How can they top last season?

Edited by SunnyDRE

I haven't really given Justified a real chance, because it's on a station like FX(I don't feel like it would be raw enough, is that makes sense). I'll give it a shot thought when a new episode airs. Too bad they aren't on Netflix.

I haven't really given Justified a real chance, because it's on a station like FX(I don't feel like it would be raw enough, is that makes sense). I'll give it a shot thought when a new episode airs. Too bad they aren't on Netflix.

ha, i actually thought that to, with the show being "raw enough."

so use to hbo/showtime, cursing, nudity, no limits. that I thought cable couldn't compare.

I was wrong. not as flagrant as the pay cable channels, but they handle their biz.

in fact, I would say "the shield", which aired on fx, was "rawer" than a most shows, save few, that air on HBO and Showtime.

if you love deadwood, like I do, you have to give it a shot.

you won't be sorry.

Edited by SunnyDRE