Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

You need to make Justified your new priority.

Timothy Olyphant from deadwood

Walton Goggins from the shield

almost like modern version of Deadwood, but with comic relief.

I haven't really given Justified a real chance, because it's on a station like FX(I don't feel like it would be raw enough, is that makes sense). I'll give it a shot thought when a new episode airs. Too bad they aren't on Netflix.

As far as regular cables goes, FX can be pretty raw. I've only ever seen the first episode of Justified, but it wasn't bad. My parents love it and even got the first two season on blu-ray, so I'll probably get around to watching it eventually.

I need to get back into Breaking Bad, as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treme - not as hardcore as The Wire but more post-apocalypse.

crazy response, with respect to time. but along with Justified, I've been watching this show over the past few weeks. Reminds me of The Wire, but that is to be expected, as it was created by the same guy and has some of the same actors.

Just finished up season 1; honestly not really sure how I feel about it, yet. it isn't bad, but I found myself fast forwarding through certain scenes.

Never thought I would say this about any TV Show, but there is too much music. Seems like it takes up 3/4's of every episode. Not a good thing. Give me chance to know and care about the characters.

With that said, Davis is my boy.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Hell On Wheels has me hooked, perhaps I should check out Deadwood ???

Awake, I really can't tell if I like it or if I'm going to get bored fast, I like Jason Isaac and wish Brotherhood lasted longer.

It sucks that Fringe is approaching its final season.

Looking forward to season 2 of Homeland

I'm saving all episodes of Justified for a marathon, tv shows are better when you have a whole days worth

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

I wish they weren't taking a ridiculously long break for Breaking Bad. The new season's set to premiere July 15th I think, but the second half of the season won't be airing until Summer 2013. That just seems ridiculous.

yeah i read about that. thought it was stupid.

they did the same thing with walking dead.

I hope this doesn't become the norm with amc.

Hell On Wheels has me hooked, perhaps I should check out Deadwood ???

Yes!!

Looking forward to season 2 of Homeland

loved the first season, but i did feel a little let down with the finale.

Treme - not as hardcore as The Wire but more post-apocalypse.

crazy response, with respect to time. but along with Justified, I've been watching this show over the past few weeks. Reminds me of The Wire, but that is to be expected, as it was created by the same guy and has some of the same actors.

Just finished up season 1; honestly not really sure how I feel about it, yet. it isn't bad, but I found myself fast forwarding through certain scenes.

Never thought I would say this about any TV Show, but there is too much music. Seems like it takes up 3/4's of every episode. Not a good thing. Give me chance to know and care about the characters.

With that said, Davis is my boy.

I just think with 24 and Prison Break you have watch it all in one go to get anything out of it. Whereas Justified, 1 ep is pretty satisfying. But maybe the trajectory of the whole thing isn't as focused.

With Treme the pace and character driven nature of it and the levels of society it kind of sets put. But I found the issues a bit too complex.

Yes. I was actually rooting for the Lannisters this time.

So was I.

Except for Geoffrey, obviously. I wanted to see him get his shit wrecked a bit, even if he didn't die.

And the queen was being the usual bitch.

It's hard for me to hate the Lannisters with the Imp being one of them. I think he's the best actor on the show, honestly.

Him and his little armor ^_^

You need to make Justified your new priority.

Timothy Olyphant from deadwood

Walton Goggins from the shield

almost like modern version of Deadwood, but with comic relief.

I haven't really given Justified a real chance, because it's on a station like FX(I don't feel like it would be raw enough, is that makes sense). I'll give it a shot thought when a new episode airs. Too bad they aren't on Netflix.

ha, i actually thought that to, with the show being "raw enough."

so use to hbo/showtime, cursing, nudity, no limits. that I thought cable couldn't compare.

I was wrong. not as flagrant as the pay cable channels, but they handle their biz.

in fact, I would say "the shield", which aired on fx, was "rawer" than a most shows, save few, that air on HBO and Showtime.

if you love deadwood, like I do, you have to give it a shot.

you won't be sorry.

I've got the first two seasons of Justified on blu-ray.

Great show!

Last episode of Game of Thrones was awesome.

awesome enough, but worst (if you can call any like this) episode for me so far in the series.

yeah, i'm going to be with you

was kinda afraid to say it, because everyone here loved the episode.

i liked it, but i didn't like that it was only about one subject matter/aspect/plot...whatever you want to call it.

awesome enough, but worst (if you can call any like this) episode for me so far in the series.

i liked it, but i didn't like that it was only about one subject matter/aspect/plot...whatever you want to call it.

precisely my point, but I like to think they kept best for last.

Yeah, but I'm glad it only stayed true to that one plot, because it was such a big part, throwing in the other plots would have ruined it a little, in my opinion.

Yeah, but I'm glad it only stayed true to that one plot, because it was such a big part, throwing in the other plots would have ruined it a little, in my opinion.

Completely agree, the Battle of Blackwater is one of most monumental parts of the second book and they had to spend an entire episode focussing on that subject matter to attempt to do it justice. The fact they got George R. R. Martin, the writer of the novels in to write the episode shows how they wanted to do it justice.

I found that the episode still had the shifting perspectives but this time it was within a small geographical area much like the first episodes of season 1 where large parts were set in Winterfell.

What the hell are you people talking about?

Last episode was probably one of the best of the whole series. The attack on King's Landing is a HUGE plot point and got the attention it deserves.

Plus, you have the people losing confidence in Geoffrey, Hound quitting, Imp rallying the troops, Tywin coming back, Cercei and Sansa's relationship developments, Sansa's HUGE character development.

It was a great episode.