Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

You're missing out. I've been trying to cope with my wait for Game of Thrones

You've read the books I'm assuming. Do you really appreciate the show, given what you know about the story?

I thought season 1 was pretty much perfect as far as an adaptation could go but I really don't like what they did to the story in season 2.

(I'm about 1/3 through Dance)

Sorry for the delay, finished ADWD. I think the problem with season two was the time and budget. A Clash of Kings had a ton of action, the war was at it's height. A Game of Thrones was easier because a lot of the battles were told second hand with Green Fork being the major battle of the book where the Northern Host was reduced from 16,000 to 2,000. It turned out to be quite comedic. But they couldn't get away with it again in Season 2 and finally had to show Blackwater. True they could have split the book in two seasons like they will be doing for A Storm of Swords, but it would have frustrated the fans. A Storm of Swords offers a perfect split and satisfaction for viewers. I think they got the gist of it. Plus I loved the Arya/Tywin exchanges.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing out. I've been trying to cope with my wait for Game of Thrones

You've read the books I'm assuming. Do you really appreciate the show, given what you know about the story?

I thought season 1 was pretty much perfect as far as an adaptation could go but I really don't like what they did to the story in season 2.

(I'm about 1/3 through Dance)

Sorry for the delay, finished ADWD. I think the problem with season two was the time and budget. A Clash of Kings had a ton of action, the war was at it's height. A Game of Thrones was easier because a lot of the battles were told second hand with Green Fork being the major battle of the book where the Northern Host was reduced from 16,000 to 2,000. It turned out to be quite comedic. But they couldn't get away with it again in Season 2 and finally had to show Blackwater. True they could have split the book in two seasons like they will be doing for A Storm of Swords, but it would have frustrated the fans. A Storm of Swords offers a perfect split and satisfaction for viewers. I think they got the gist of it. Plus I loved the Arya/Tywin exchanges.

I liked that part too.

The parts on Westeros were alright I suppose, but there is no excuse to what they did with Daenaerys' storyline.

I believe the only reason they changed Dany's storyline because it was completely uneventful in the book. They couldn't just have three dragons born and have nothing happen to them until she goes to the House of the Undying. It pretty much reduced her character development to "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?" but Dany was going to annoy people anyway, might as well get them use to it.

I sure hope they give us a good introduction of Ramsay Snow. Now that guy makes Joffery look like a kitten.

I find Roose Bolton to be even more terrifying. We haven't truly seen it yet but he has the sadistic side of his son but he's more intelligent and cunning.

"Do not make me rue the day I raped your mother"

Ramsay may be a psychopathic killer but Roose is actually sane. He is Machiavellian. Perfect enemy for Stannis.

I can't wait for TV fans to get a load of Ramsey. They hate Joffery, but Joffery is a fucking pussy. He had other men beat up girls, and the only time he kills people is with a crossbow hundreds of feet away. Ramsay is fearless, he rapes, mutilates, flails, for months, years. I am surprised Ned never knew of this guy's crimes.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon

Been sick for the past couple of days, so all I've done is watch Oz. I'm at season 5 now, and I don't think it's as bad as some of you guys made it out to be - I think it's been far better than the last half of season 4 so far. I'm currently at the Variety episode now, and it's fucking hilarious. :lol:

I find Roose Bolton to be even more terrifying. We haven't truly seen it yet but he has the sadistic side of his son but he's more intelligent and cunning.

"Do not make me rue the day I raped your mother"

Ramsay may be a psychopathic killer but Roose is actually sane. He is Machiavellian. Perfect enemy for Stannis.

I can't wait for TV fans to get a load of Ramsey. They hate Joffery, but Joffery is a fucking pussy. He had other men beat up girls, and the only time he kills people is with a crossbow hundreds of feet away. Ramsay is fearless, he rapes, mutilates, flails, for months, years. I am surprised Ned never knew of this guy's crimes.

What I can't wait for is the reaction to the 'Red Wedding'. :popcorn:

Been sick for the past couple of days, so all I've done is watch Oz. I'm at season 5 now, and I don't think it's as bad as some of you guys made it out to be - I think it's been far better than the last half of season 4 so far. I'm currently at the Variety episode now, and it's fucking hilarious. :lol:

People are really exaggerating with this "last seasons suck" thing. Last two seasons are indeed weaker, but they are still great sesons and overall very good TV. The ending is a PIECE OF SHIIIIITTTTTTTT though.

Still in my top 5 of all time though.

Glad you're enjoying it man, Oz is one of my all time favorites despite the criticism of the latter seasons.

Had to miss today at work because of a tooth getting pulled, i've been re-watching season 2, and also the first season of The Sopranos. Never actually watched that show in its entirety.

I've always preferred Sons of Anarchy to The Sopranos. Granted, SOA is a little on the nose and keep be a bit over the top, but its story arcs are much better constructed than what I saw in the Sopranos. To be honest, I got half way through the final season of the Sopranos and stopped watching. I didn't really care anymore. With SOA, something happens every single episode whereas with The Sopranos, it felt like it would grind for three or four episodes before the plot was moved forward.

Current shows Supernatural , Dexter, My Name is Earl, and Justified. Cancelled shows Rescue Me, Smallville, Sapranos, Xfiles, Miami Vice, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Reaper, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Monk, Battlestar Gallatica, Sliders. I like Community and the Office too but I think those are going to be ending. I liked Breakin In tell it was cancelled.

I like reality shows Top Gear, American Chopper, Car Warriors, Overhaulin, Pimp My Ride, Modern Marvels, UFO files, Ancient Aliens, cops.

Edited by rocker rockstar

I've always preferred Sons of Anarchy to The Sopranos. Granted, SOA is a little on the nose and keep be a bit over the top, but its story arcs are much better constructed than what I saw in the Sopranos. To be honest, I got half way through the final season of the Sopranos and stopped watching. I didn't really care anymore. With SOA, something happens every single episode whereas with The Sopranos, it felt like it would grind for three or four episodes before the plot was moved forward.

Lee_Facepalm.gif

The Sopranos in essence is a family drama disguised as a mob series. That's the whole beauty of it.

I am perfectly aware of that, it's what I meant really, and it's the reason why I'll probably never count this show among my favorites. I do enjoy it though, just not as much as I thought I would.

I can't stand Janice's character. The way she manipulates men. Also can't stand Carmella's hypocrisy. Tony is a huge hypocrite but Carmella calls him out on it yet she pulls the same shit. When she bitches to him about the affairs he was like "Uh, what did you expect, you knew the deal." did she really expect this guy to be monogamous? It is rare for Made Men not to take a mistress. Not everyone is Vito and Michael Corleone.

What is really interesting that The Sopranos is about a lower earning family compared to the New York families. They are Southern Italian, not Sicilian, and it takes place in Jersey. Even the New York guys wouldn't consider them equals.

Edited by Stannis Baratheon

It's really a powerful series. When you have strong feelings towards that many characters in the series, it means they're doing it right.

I hated Carmella at the beginning, but as the series goes on you have to respect her. Although she is a big hypocrite etc.