The Gear Thread

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

whenare we getting new music? :) 

Its a slow process lol. I'd say the EP will be done by fall. We did most of the music but still have to do vocals, artwork, mix and master it, and I have to re record some parts... and that is just for 4 songs! Now I know why Axl takes so long

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Its a slow process lol. I'd say the EP will be done by fall. We did most of the music but still have to do vocals, artwork, mix and master it, and I have to re record some parts... and that is just for 4 songs! Now I know why Axl takes so long

LOL @ Axl! looking forward to the new music. love the fall (psssst! my bd is in the fall... maybe an early bd gift? :D ) j/k!

no really though, i can't wait :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Been drooling at Ibanez Prestiges lately.

Fucking beautiful http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-s5570q-prestige-s-series-electric-guitar

If you're a Les Paul player, you certainly aren't going to like those Wizard necks on Ibanez guitars. Tiny, wide, thin. Great if you have small hands, but if you have long fingers and "baseball bat" grip a neck, you won't like it.

Edited by AxlisOld

10 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

If you're a Les Paul player, you certainly aren't going to like those Wizard necks on Ibanez guitars. Tiny, wide, thin. Great if you have small hands, but if you have long fingers and "baseball bat" grip a neck, you won't like it.

I just think they are pretty lol. I wont be buying a guitar for a LONG time

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I think having owned an Epiphone G-400 as my first ever electric guitar permanently set my fingers to favour the slimtaper Gibson necks. Works well enough for my tiny ass fingers.

:headbang:

Popping in to spread some happy personal news: certain nerves in my hands and elbows were totally fucked for the past 3 months, but now they have healed almost completely with the aid of a strange elbow-nerve opening move I did + rest + wrist-stabilizing night splints. Can't wait to play guitar again

I think I will reward myself with some wacky used pedal

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup
  • Like 4

I had a pretty major surgery on my left hand 9 or 10 years ago, and was told they weren't sure I'd ever be able to play again. After physical therapy, and about 2 years of straining, I was able to start playing guitar again. I've been back to about my pre-surgery level of play for several years now.

• Like 2

I once crushed the ring finger on my fretting hand in a garage door (don't ask :lol:) and it took a while for me to get used to fretting with that finger. It's long healed, but it's flatter and number than it used to be so the sensation of touching a string was completely changed even though it was just the one finger.

The same finger suffered from tendinitis (trigger finger) and that locked me out (no pun intended) of playing for about a month.

Never any surgeries luckily.

Edited by James Bond

Great to hear that you guys were also able to recover. Things like this are depressing as hell. I was already considering selling off all my gear.

Well I contacted a seller about a DOD FX25 envelope filter, which also seems to be the one that Fortus uses. It's cheap as rice and sounds really funky, so I'm stoked!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question and this seemed like the appropriate thread for it. 

I'm getting a really bad fret buzz on the 7th fret on the D string of my acoustic. It's only on that string too, none of the other 7th frets are doing it. Would it be a neck issue or time for new strings? I replaced the strings in like December or January and a yearly tune up done in October