OmarBradley    897
16 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah its loud, the master volume is at 3 there on 10 watts and can certainly be heard throughout most of the house but not pissing off the neighbours. I've had a shot of 25 watts it's mega!. My wife was out so wanted to crank it more for the clips but the phone couldn't handle it and sounded shit ( the recording not the amp). Oh and did i mention it has a headphone jack as well?, so late night playing is possible if you wish. How they have fitted some much into such a relatively small head amazes me, incredible engineering.

Mesa's "features:price" ratio has always been great, especially compared to the other big manufacturers. And I believe all of their amps are still USA made. I haven't seen a Mark V under the hood, but DR's look almost like computers. :lol:

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

Silverburst80    738
5 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Sweet, that thing rips! I would love one.

Oh yeah, here's a more professional and very detailed demo of the beast ( 1:57 is that ballsy plexi-ish sound i was referring to on the clean channel in my first post). This guys good doesn't do too much incessant noodling. I don't want get you in any financial trouble but you should get one pronto!

Edited by Silverburst80

James Bond    3,459
9 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Sounds good, definitely hear the "Mark" tone. 10 watts is still pretty loud for a bedroom! :lol:

Pics, clips!

IMG_1422.thumb.JPG.469cd5352800e95d20c1d166b244a8f2.JPG

No clips yet but together they are masterful - believe me. ;)

That said, I will probably swap the pickups down the line. 498T/490R combo which sounds good, but my taste/preference is lower output pickups. A set of Pearly's would elevate this guitar past the stratosphere for me.

As soon as I picked it up I knew it was the right choice. I guess at that point it was a little late to buy back the gear I sold anyways. :lol:

Gibson as whole might be hit and miss these days, but the Custom Shop still has the goods if this guitar is any indicator.

• Like 3

Silverburst80    738
4 hours ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

That's awesome. Shame that I have no justification for another tube amp... should join a band I guess

There's tube amps out there for the bedroom player which i'm much more of these days, the "lunchbox" type heads. Always can get a 1x12 cab and you'll get great tones at a good price.

Edited by Silverburst80

SoundOfAGun    497
7 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Oh yeah, here's a more professional and very detailed demo of the beast ( 1:57 is that ballsy plexi-ish sound i was referring to on the clean channel in my first post). This guys good doesn't do too much incessant noodling. I don't want get you in any financial trouble but you should get one pronto!

I don't think it will be a purchase I can make anytime soon (mortgage, kids, wife on maternity etc.etc.). 

Silverburst80    738
51 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I don't think it will be a purchase I can make anytime soon (mortgage, kids, wife on maternity etc.etc.). 

Yeah i feel ya, i've just got the one kid who's 5 now and the wifes back at work full time so i can occasionally spoil myself. Sounds like your working with some awesome gear as it is anyway man.

Edited by Silverburst80

2 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

There's tube amps out there for the bedroom player which i'm much more of these days, the "lunchbox" type heads. Always can get a 1x12 cab and you'll get great tones at a good price.

Yep I have a 1 watt tube amp called the Marshall JTM1C, it's the best thing I've found for bedroom level playing, works great with pedals and all

• Like 2

SoundOfAGun    497
43 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah i feel ya, i've just got the one kid who's 5 now and the wifes back at work full time so i can occasionally spoil myself. Sounds like your working with some awesome gear as it is anyway man.

I can't complain! Recorded a quick demo of my new interface preamps the other day, very happy with it. 

• Like 1

Silverburst80    738
14 hours ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Yep I have a 1 watt tube amp called the Marshall JTM1C, it's the best thing I've found for bedroom level playing, works great with pedals and all

Very cool, i think i misunderstood your post in that you used to have a tube amp but don't anymore. I wasn't aware there were 1 watt tube combos out there, shows how much i know :lol:

11 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Very cool, i think i misunderstood your post in that you used to have a tube amp but don't anymore. I wasn't aware there were 1 watt tube combos out there, shows how much i know :lol:

There's also a 0.1 watt mode if you really wanna get that power tube distortion in your bedroom, it's great for AC/DC etc.

• Like 1

Silverburst80    738

Another tone i'm fucking around with you'll probably notice i lost my bearings during the solo :lol:, ah well it's all good fun.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

OmarBradley    897

I have a short clip of my newest amp. It's actually the second Ceriatone King Kong I've owned. I regretted selling the first one, and a good deal came up for another one a few weeks ago. They're basically supposed to be Cameron CCV clones (because Mark Cameron doesn't make them anymore and only 50-60 exist in totality).

In this clip, it still has the stock Chinese/Sovtek 12AX7s in it. Still gotta put my NOS glass in at some point. But I thought it still sounded pretty good even with those sub-par tubes. 

A bit of the clean channel, and then the gain channel on the middle-clipping setting. Cab is a Marshall 425A with G12Cs, and guitar is an LP custom.

Silverburst80    738
3 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I have a short clip of my newest amp. It's actually the second Ceriatone King Kong I've owned. I regretted selling the first one, and a good deal came up for another one a few weeks ago. They're basically supposed to be Cameron CCV clones (because Mark Cameron doesn't make them anymore and only 50-60 exist in totality).

In this clip, it still has the stock Chinese/Sovtek 12AX7s in it. Still gotta put my NOS glass in at some point. But I thought it still sounded pretty good even with those sub-par tubes. 

A bit of the clean channel, and then the gain channel on the middle-clipping setting. Cab is a Marshall 425A with G12Cs, and guitar is an LP custom.

Nice sounding amp man, never seen those before.

• Like 1

OmarBradley    897
10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Sounds good! Did you keep the 1959slp?

Yup still have the modded Marshall. It's out of commission at the moment, a fuse blew and I stripped the holder pretty bad when I tried to get it out. So I took a hammer to the assembly in an effort to knock it out of the socket in the chassis - but that also knocked the mains fuse holder out of it's socket. :facepalm: It needs a trip to the tech when I get a chance. :lol: