The Gear Thread

Fun fact- Lovepedal is headquartered about 10 minutes from my apartment. I left them a message to see if I could just go pick it up today but didn't get a response =( Seems dumb to mail it when I am in a town over lol. 

Richard Fortus uses their Eternity drive all the time with GNR. Cool company!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

Finally pulled the trigger on a Marshall! The DSL15 head, I went with the 15 watter because 100 is fucking overkill and I won't be able to crank that at home :D 

Also ordered a head because I got a cab from before and I don't trust combos :lol: 

You will love it! Although 15 watts is still FUCKING LOUD.... 

• Like 1

Got the Purple Plexi w/ boost in yesterday. Its less compressed and high gain than my Jubilee pedal but a lot more open and full. Its very amp like. I think itll be great for live use. Sounds awesome with the gain low too.

Idk if I should use it as a base sound with low gain and use the boost and jubilee for leads or if i should take the jub off my board and dime the gain on the plexi and clean up with volume knobs

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 5:00 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

It is dead in this section at the moment! I always thought a Creamback/V30 combo would be sweet in a 2x12.

Just saw this. And it's coincidentally relevant. I'd really like to try it in an X in a 4x12. The Creamback 75 is underrated; everyone loves the medium magnet 65, but I like the heavy 75 better. 

But in other news, I decided I was ready to part with my R9 a few weeks ago. Put it up for sale, got a few bites not nothing solid, until an interesting trade offer came my way. I got a 2010 Clapton Custom Shop Strat, an ENGL Powerball II, and a Victory 2x12 with V30s. The Strat is sort of meh, maybe it's just not my thing - definitely going to sell it. The ENGL and the Victory are killer. I've been looking for a good V30 2x12 cab for my heads, and this deal ended up working out. The bonus is the ENGL is so awesome. I've played an ENGL Artist Edition and the Fireball 120, didn't like 'em-didn't hate 'em. I was originally planning on selling the ENGL to get some more cash... but now I don't want to. Thinking of swapping one of the V30s for a H75 too.

Tone tower (the Marshall is at the amp doctor currently):

9550.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Just saw this. And it's coincidentally relevant. I'd really like to try it in an X in a 4x12. The Creamback 75 is underrated; everyone loves the medium magnet 65, but I like the heavy 75 better. 

But in other news, I decided I was ready to part with my R9 a few weeks ago. Put it up for sale, got a few bites not nothing solid, until an interesting trade offer came my way. I got a 2010 Clapton Custom Shop Strat, an ENGL Powerball II, and a Victory 2x12 with V30s. The Strat is sort of meh, maybe it's just not my thing - definitely going to sell it. The ENGL and the Victory are killer. I've been looking for a good V30 2x12 cab for my heads, and this deal ended up working out. The bonus is the ENGL is so awesome. I've played an ENGL Artist Edition and the Fireball 120, didn't like 'em-didn't hate 'em. I was originally planning on selling the ENGL to get some more cash... but now I don't want to. Thinking of swapping one of the V30s for a H75 too.

Tone tower (the Marshall is at the amp doctor currently):

9550.jpg

How long did you have the LP for? Whats your main guitar now, the strat?

Went to Long & Mcquade's boxing day sale, picked up some Sabian B8 high-hats for $50 (regularly $125), and some sticks and random things. Been waiting to get those, since I've been using my buddies high-hats for a while.

A few weeks ago I picked up a floor tom from a 70's Gracy kit (Japanese brand), but didn't like the heads so I got some Remo Ambassador's and now it sounds way better. :headbang: I got some other drums with the floor tom because they were so cheap I couldn't pass them up, so now I've got an extra Gracy 12" tom, a Mapex Voyager kick and matching snare taking up space :lol:

(Can't remember if I've posted my kit before, but it's a 1969 Pearl Valencia in Red Oyster Pearl finish. It's pretty awesome.)

I've tossed around some ideas for songs, wrote some stuff down. As far as writing, I have such a lack of motivation or inspiration. I was a lot better at writing lyrics when I was fucking miserable and self loathing. No one wants to hear a song about how everything's pretty much good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

I've tossed around some ideas for songs, wrote some stuff down. As far as writing, I have such a lack of motivation or inspiration. I was a lot better at writing lyrics when I was fucking miserable and self loathing. No one wants to hear a song about how everything's pretty much good.

Writing when you're happy is hard work. Writing something positive is even more challenging! 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Very good choices, especwilly for rock

Yeah, the amp can be dialed into this juicy Page/Slash mix that I love, and the clean rings perfectly. I like the Pentode/Triode switch, so it doesn't get too loud :D 

Just downloaded your EP, going to give it a listen now!

What are peoples thoughts on the Tube Screamer TS9DX, as opposed to a TS9 or different similar pedal?  I find I really only love it when I play in the TS9 mode anyways.  Now that I haven't gigged in ages Im wondering if I only used the boosts to compete for mix space rather then for its tone. 

PS: Nice rig @AslatIE

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

What are peoples thoughts on the Tube Screamer TS9DX, as opposed to a TS9 or different similar pedal?  I find I really only love it when I play in the TS9 mode anyways.  Now that I haven't gigged in ages Im wondering if I only used the boosts to compete for mix space rather then for its tone. 

PS: Nice rig @AslatIE

Best OD/boost I've used is the Cusack Screamer V2. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/01/2018 at 11:19 AM, AslatIE said:

Yeah, the amp can be dialed into this juicy Page/Slash mix that I love, and the clean rings perfectly. I like the Pentode/Triode switch, so it doesn't get too loud :D 

Just downloaded your EP, going to give it a listen now!

Welcome to the Marshall family!

• Like 1