• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BONUS TRACK on the Vinyl!

12. Madagascar

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

15. Bonus with vinyl album: includes instructions for a free MP3 download of the entire album.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chinese+Democracy+%5BLP%5D+-+VINYL/9111043.p?skuId=9111043&id=1925068

Lol

Now that you have paid for Axl's piece of crap,

you can download it for free,

just like everyone else did 5 years ago!!!! Hahhahaha

it's a marketing technique. they flip products through this phase to give them impression Best Buy is cheap, ultimately you get lured into the place by flashing 1.99 signs but end coming out with a flat screen and 3 albums a full price. everywhere you go there's stuff on offer, right? Why is that? Is it because they want to help you out?

Yeah, go check your local Best Buy and see if they even HAVE CD anymore. They junked every copy of CD on Sunday. Packed em up and sent em back to the record company. There's no marketing technique to "this thing ain't selling. Get it the fuck out of here and sell it at a loss at $1.99 as a permanent price".

They weren't just loaning the CDs from the record company, they can't just return them if they don't sell! That's not how business works, they bought (x) amount thinking they would sell (x) amount... if they didn't sell (x) amount, then that's their problem, not the record companies. The record company isn't just going to turnaround and say "Oh, you weren't able to shift them? You made a loss? No problem guys, we'll take that loss for you, just return the cd's and we'll give you your money back", that's ridiculous! The record companies are the LAST motherfuckers in the loop, who are going to put themselves in a position to make a loss (regardless of what some tight piece of ass at Bestbuy told you :wub: ) (she was probably a $lashole!!!)

Like someone else said, they do this all the time... there's no drama here Johnny.

What are you basing this on? Here's some facts for you:

Return privilege - Recordings in the form of CDs or cassettes have a 100% return privilege. This means that record stores don't have to worry about being stuck with records they can't sell. Most other businesses don't work this way, but the music industry has to be more flexible and timed to demand. What's hot today may be forgotten tomorrow... This leads us to reserves. The recording company may hold back a portion of the artist's royalties for reserves that are returned from record stores. (Usually about 35% is held back.)

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-royalties6.htm

In the "old" days, the costs and risks involved for a label to release music were much higher. Labels needed to manufacturer physical inventory and hope it sold, if not, they had to eat the costs of the unsold CDs.

http://blog.tunecore.com/2010/11/the-state-of-the-music-industry-and-the-delegitimization-of-artists-pt-4-the-growth-phase-is-over-im.html

Tesco, which spends £3m a year shipping unsold CDs back to music companies, would also take on the task of destroying unwanted stock, Mr Salter said.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/616759dc-4831-11e0-b323-00144feab49a.html#axzz1HbE4vU8Y

Other links regarding unsold cd's:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00013531.html

Anyway, next time have actual knowledge of what you're talking about rather than shooting your mouth off and looking like an asshole.

All your hard work getting those links and quotes today was a waste of time.

The BestBuy Deal was different, it was an exclusive deal, it involved an up front payment to the record company of $13-14 million, they covered all their costs in one go... you think they're going to 'refund' that? Don't be daft.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Chris 55

12. Madagascar

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

15. Bonus with vinyl album: includes instructions for a free MP3 download of the entire album.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Chinese+Democracy+%5BLP%5D+-+VINYL/9111043.p?skuId=9111043&id=1925068

Lol

wow,miraculous revelation zippy, now you've exposed the big surprise,as for your "piece of crap" comment,it doesn't belong anywhere near Chidem,It contained such varied songs and lyrics that I'm still in awe,and salivating for more Guns N' Roses!!

12. Madagascar

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

Lol

If you hate chinese democracy so much why are constantly bringing attention to it? Chinese democracy is not a 'piece of crap'. You may not like it, but that doesn't change the fact

12. Madagascar

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

Lol

If you hate chinese democracy so much why are constantly bringing attention to it? Chinese democracy is not a 'piece of crap'. You may not like it, but that doesn't change the fact

Hell has frozen over, I'm in agreement with Whazup :scared:

12. Madagascar

13. This I Love

14. Prostitute

Lol

Hell has frozen over, I'm in agreement with Whazup :scared:

Ha! We may have our quarrels, but when it comes down to it we are here because we love guns n roses, past or present

Edited by WhazUp

Went today and the store I went too had it for $9.99.

That's what the tags say, but it'll actually ring up $1.99.

I didn't feel like reading through the rest of the thread, but the CD and Vinyl are both $1.99 each. I work at Best Buy and I checked the prices in store today and bought another copy of both. :thumbsup:

it's a marketing technique. they flip products through this phase to give them impression Best Buy is cheap, ultimately you get lured into the place by flashing 1.99 signs but end coming out with a flat screen and 3 albums a full price. everywhere you go there's stuff on offer, right? Why is that? Is it because they want to help you out?

Yeah, go check your local Best Buy and see if they even HAVE CD anymore. They junked every copy of CD on Sunday. Packed em up and sent em back to the record company. There's no marketing technique to "this thing ain't selling. Get it the fuck out of here and sell it at a loss at $1.99 as a permanent price".

Are you dumb?

Went today and the store I went too had it for $9.99.

That's what the tags say, but it'll actually ring up $1.99.

I didn't feel like reading through the rest of the thread, but the CD and Vinyl are both $1.99 each. I work at Best Buy and I checked the prices in store today and bought another copy of both. :thumbsup:

Are you dumb?

Be careful, he really is.

All I know is that band called GNR sold out most of the shows during the last world tour, that they are going to play in Rock in Rio in front of 200,000 people and they are the ones always in mind for this big event every fucking year...wonder why... :shrugs:

It's because people still love AFD and UYI. They're still willing to pay to hear Axl sing those songs. If there was any kind of similar interest in the new material or now band members, CD wouldn't be selling for $1.99 at Best Buy.

All I know is that band called GNR sold out most of the shows during the last world tour, that they are going to play in Rock in Rio in front of 200,000 people and they are the ones always in mind for this big event every fucking year...wonder why... :shrugs:

It's because people still love AFD and UYI. They're still willing to pay to hear Axl sing those songs. If there was any kind of similar interest in the new material or now band members, CD wouldn't be selling for $1.99 at Best Buy.

Yeah sure, there's no interest in the band. That's the why the album has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide. schmuck.

Yeah sure, there's no interest in the band. That's the why the album has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide. schmuck.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that CD was a massive success, then please enjoy yourself. When Best Buy is giving the damn thing away at $1.99 and it's getting almost no radio play on rock stations, that's a sign that there isn't any interest in the new material at least in the US. Meanwhile, I hear songs from AFD every day on the radio.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that CD was a massive success, then please enjoy yourself. When Best Buy is giving the damn thing away at $1.99 and it's getting almost no radio play on rock stations, that's a sign that there isn't any interest in the new material at least in the US. Meanwhile, I hear songs from AFD every day on the radio.

It's was a worldwide smash hit, you're the one who's fucking deluded if you think otherwise.

It's no surprise to me that it's not doing well in the US, rock music died there a very long time ago.

It's was a worldwide smash hit, you're the one who's fucking deluded if you think otherwise.

It's no surprise to me that it's not doing well in the US, rock music died there a very long time ago.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/12/bon-jovi-tops-list-the-2010-tour-list-followed-by-acdc-u2-and-lady-gaga.html

Bon Jovi posted total concert revenue of $201.1 million, a little over half that figure -- $108.2 million -- from the North American dates on its world tour.

Behind the group on Pollstar's worldwide ranking is AC/DC with gross ticket sales of $177 million, followed in the top 5 by U2 ($160.9 million), Lady Gaga ($133.6 million) and Metallica ($110.1 million).

If you read elswhere in print, youtube, social networking, GN'R is popular but CD/Nu-GN'R has fallen on deaf ears. Only on the forums does it live under a protracted glory.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/12/bon-jovi-tops-list-the-2010-tour-list-followed-by-acdc-u2-and-lady-gaga.html

Bon Jovi posted total concert revenue of $201.1 million, a little over half that figure -- $108.2 million -- from the North American dates on its world tour.

Behind the group on Pollstar's worldwide ranking is AC/DC with gross ticket sales of $177 million, followed in the top 5 by U2 ($160.9 million), Lady Gaga ($133.6 million) and Metallica ($110.1 million).

If you read elswhere in print, youtube, social networking, GN'R is popular but CD/Nu-GN'R has fallen on deaf ears. Only on the forums does it live under a protracted glory.

Bon Jovi is rock? More like pop.

GN'R also had a very successful world tour, did you miss that? How can you compare Bon Jovi's tour to GN'R's album sales?

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-elton-john-billy-joel-m%C3%B6tley-1004068764.story#/events/hot-tours-elton-john-billy-joel-m%C3%B6tley-1004068764.story

Edited by axl8302

Bon Jovi's last album released the same month as Chinese Democracy sold 163,000 copies in it's first week, a lot less than Chinese- what do you have to say to that? (since you brought bon jovi into things).

Rock is dead in the US, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and all that crap is what people want.

Edited by axl8302

The U.S.? Most of the U.S. unfortunately has'nt moved on from 1987 and are still hoping for a reunion. It actually sold between 3-4 million (I have no valid fact's. Maybe even 5 million, buy I can't confirm anything) It sold very well worldwide considering the fact that, there were leak's of half the album already out for yea'rs. But, wel ive in the world of technology and practically everybody in a house own's a computer. There's torrent files, iTunes, and the whole album was streaming on Myspace before it came out. Plus, with no initial tour behind it, Rock singles, or music video's, I think it sold very well. Sure, it could've sold a shitload more, but the record's sales don't make the music, the music makes the music. Just because Lady Gaga's album may sell 10 million worldwide does'nt mean by any mean's that her album is better then Chinese Demcoracy.

In my opinion, I don't think you should compare the CD sales and the U.S. We (not me) but most of the US have unfortunetly forgot about Rock music in general. The only thing you hear on the radio is either a 13 year old boy who sound's like a girl, or very bad modern rock (Linkin Park or Nickelback.)

U.S. (most of them) is still living in 1987 and still wish Slash was in the band .Notice the half-filled arena's during the 06-07 tour. It's a sad state of affiar's when a group of people would rather like a 13 year old who will probably will fizzle out in 2 year's and become a junkie over a Rock N' Roll band who still kick's major ass only because of a name and a replacable guitar player.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

I was at my local bestbuy today picking up a few blu-rays and i was walking back through the music isle looking for my wife and i saw two vinyl copies of CD for a $1.99!! I was almost embarrassed to show my wife the two copies b/c she knows how much i love the record. Very said considering right next to CD [vinyl] were UYI 2 and AFD both on vinyl at there regular prices! I feel sad for Axl. This record is so good and worth so much more.

The U.S.? Most of the U.S. unfortunately has'nt moved on from 1987 and are still hoping for a reunion. It actually sold between 3-4 million (I have no valid fact's. Maybe even 5 million, buy I can't confirm anything) It sold very well worldwide considering the fact that, there were leak's of half the album already out for yea'rs. But, wel ive in the world of technology and practically everybody in a house own's a computer. There's torrent files, iTunes, and the whole album was streaming on Myspace before it came out.

In my opinion, I don't think you should compare the CD sales and the U.S. We (not me) but most of the US have unfortunetly forgot about Rock music in general. The only thing you hear on the radio is either a 13 year old boy who sound' like a girl, or very bad modern rock (Linkin Park or Nickelback.)

U.S. (most of them) is still living in 1987 and still wish SLash was in the band .Notice the half-filled arena's during the 06-07 tour. It's a sad state of affiar's when a group of people would rather like a 13 year old who will probably will fizzle out in 2 year's and become o junkie over a Rock N' Roll band who still kick's major ass only because of a name and a replacable guitar player.

So what is a non-replaceable guitar player?

The U.S.? Most of the U.S. unfortunately has'nt moved on from 1987 and are still hoping for a reunion. It actually sold between 3-4 million (I have no valid fact's. Maybe even 5 million, buy I can't confirm anything) It sold very well worldwide considering the fact that, there were leak's of half the album already out for yea'rs. But, wel ive in the world of technology and practically everybody in a house own's a computer. There's torrent files, iTunes, and the whole album was streaming on Myspace before it came out.

In my opinion, I don't think you should compare the CD sales and the U.S. We (not me) but most of the US have unfortunetly forgot about Rock music in general. The only thing you hear on the radio is either a 13 year old boy who sound' like a girl, or very bad modern rock (Linkin Park or Nickelback.)

U.S. (most of them) is still living in 1987 and still wish SLash was in the band .Notice the half-filled arena's during the 06-07 tour. It's a sad state of affiar's when a group of people would rather like a 13 year old who will probably will fizzle out in 2 year's and become o junkie over a Rock N' Roll band who still kick's major ass only because of a name and a replacable guitar player.

So what is a non-replaceable guitar player?

Certainly not Slash.

Out of interest, what do Best Buy charge for the UYI albums?

..as my UYI Yellow CD fails on about 2 tracks. It's not scratched, buy appears to be developing little black internal rot? dots. They said CD's last a life time, but I have atleats 2 CDs with this dots.