Thyme

axlweave

Im very curious to see what kind of song it is, I feel that it will be a ballad type of song due to it is to have orchestration done by beltrami. Thyme is a seasoning, so it may be about a season of love, sadness, anger, whatever. post your all your thoughts.

I don't really see a point speculating about songs we have virtually no information on. Unless I'm mistaken, all we know is Beltrami did the orchestration.

I can't say there's any song I'm more interested in hearing than any other song, with the exception of Checkmate.

Well with virtually no news on the band all we have is speculation, before CD came out I speculated about This I Love and it was almost exactly as I thought it would be, although I did speculate that Prostitute was gonna be a sleazy rocker, i was wrong about that, but it still is a great song, So speculate away doesnt hurt anything, see whos psychic here lol.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Why don't we start with whether or not your claim "Checkmate is Blood in the Water" is speculation or legitimate fact (and if the latter prove it rather than asking us to "just believe you")?

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

but was read somewhere that Blood in the water is the real title for checkmate

The adamancy you upheld the notion with suggested a source beyond YouTube comments - maybe these "exclusive readings" you are privy to would also quench your desire for knowledge in relation to "Thyme"?

but was read somewhere that Blood in the water is the real title for checkmate

The adamancy you upheld the notion with suggested a source beyond YouTube comments - maybe these "exclusive readings" you are privy to would also quench your desire for knowledge in relation to "Thyme"?

If that was the case I would have never posted about Thyme, sometimes I guess the BRAIN can lead u to knowlege or speculation.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

sometimes I guess the BRAIN can lead u to knowlege or speculation.

Is the implication Bryan "Brain" Mantia personally confirmed to you the song associated with "Checkmate" is actually "Blood in the Water"?

I have no real proof of my own, but was read somewhere that Blood in the water is the real title for checkmate, seems like it fits as it does seem to be agressive song that rocks.

No love remains is the title of that Jackie Chan/Chekmate thingie. Just listen to the clip and the words "no love remains" really fit with the music along with the "all cautions made"

On a side note, I'm always surprised at the number of oldbie posters on this board who have insanely low post counts.

One could argue that when they post things like this, there is some sort of added 'mysterious' credibility, although there is no way to prove or substantiate that.

Still, always interesting when someone who registered in 05 resurrects their account 6 years later for something like this. Ya just never know who some of the posters on here are, or who they know. Or.. maybe people figured out how to hack the register date or something.

I havent hacked anything, I dont post that often here, I love the band and support them, and I like the idea to speculate on unreleased songs always have and with my strong music sence and ability its seems a little more fun than bashing DJ for being a Slash clone or other shit.

I have no real proof of my own, but was read somewhere that Blood in the water is the real title for checkmate, seems like it fits as it does seem to be agressive song that rocks.

No love remains is the title of that Jackie Chan/Chekmate thingie. Just listen to the clip and the words "no love remains" really fit with the music along with the "all cautions made"

I don't really recall the song being of any aggressive tone by what we have heard of it so far. To me, most things including audio an' word have a shape, a colour an' subsequently a feeling. I see the song as having a very red colour to it, accented by a hint of pink an' illuminated by a hint of white n' yellow, as I consider it flashy. The title No Love Remains not only fits the rhyming as you suggested, it even runs on the same colours an' feeling. Unsurprisingly, it's a very Rose like song on both levels. Thats my take on it all B) On topic, Thyme to brings out an orangy golden feeling when I think of it, like something dead serious. Other than that, I couldn't tell a thing B)

Edited by Screamin Demon

There is a season that one will long for, but never find. The coldness and emptiness of time will endure until its time for the answers to be revealed. Keep the search alive.

Wait, what?

It sounds like charlie sheen is posting here lol

Edited by WhazUp

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, Chats)

Edited by gunnerpr

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, Chats)

This put to rest the belief that Checkmate is No Love Remains 3 years ago...and people still believe it.

Edited by Powerage5

God I hope that album comes out soon...