MATT SORUM Changes Name To BARON VON STORM, Launches DIAMOND BABY

gunsguy

DATE: 18/07/2011

TITLE: MATT SORUM Changes Name To BARON VON STORM, Launches DIAMOND BABY

TEXT:

sorumbaron.jpg

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum has formed a new band called DIAMOND BABY. The group, in which Sorum goes by the name Baron Von Storm, features Matt's longtime girlfriend Ace Harper (a.k.a. Ace Of Diamonds) on lead vocals, Lisa The Lover on keyboards, Mr. Fitz on bass and Duke Oz on guitar.

DIAMOND BABY's debut video, for the song "The Last Rockstar", can be seen below. The clip features appearances by Jane Lynch, Juliette Lewis, Verne Troyer and Lemmy Kilmister.

For more information, visit www.diamondbabyband.com.

Sorum and Ace Harper previously played together in DARLING STILETTOS, which Matt helped produce. He told Robin Leach of VegasDeluxe.com about that project, "[Ace and I are] great together. I really wanted to support her vision because it's so solid. She's a great singer and dancer, so to accompany her with classic rock is a real thrill. They [DARLING STILETTOS] put on a hot, sexy, out-of-control, full rock show that will knock you on your ass. It's a fully choreographed production. I have to stay on them to keep them in good shape for it. This is all disciplined and not the aftermath of a drunken party."

check out the video here:

SOURCE: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160814

RELATED DISCUSSION: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=178141