The I Hate Post-Grunge /Alternative Metal Thread

Death Star

What recent band, of any genre, getting radio play is good?

The bands I listen to never get radio play where I am from.

Maybe you could rephrase your question a little better and I could give a better answer.

Edited by Death Star

Maybe you could rephrase your question a little better and I could give a better answer.

I'm wondering what music from any of the newer genres that gets radio play is good. You say you think this genre blows and proceed to list a bunch of bands you hear on the radio, what new music on the radio is good?

I'm wondering what music from any of the newer genres that gets radio play is good. You say you think this genre blows and proceed to list a bunch of bands you hear on the radio, what new music on the radio is good?

None. The music I listen to is never played on my rock radio station.

Shinedown are fucking AWESOME. The songs that got major radio exposure, like 'Second Chance' and 'The Crow & The Butterfly' are among their worst, but songs like '45', 'Son of Sam', 'What A Shame' and 'Sound of Madness' are awesome. They're an amazing live band, too.

the chick in the crow video is insane.

I cant get behind the "post grunge was better than grunge" argument. Put in Dirt, Ten or Badmotorfinger then put in any of these post grunge records and see what stacks up. Those releases were seminal.

That said if you like post grunge, whatever. I cant get into it for the most part. Whos that one band, Seether? uhhh. Nauseating.

Now if we're talking what gets radio play, thats a different story. Avenged Sevenfold are talented and tend to be overplayed, some would say.

The bigger question is do people still listen to traditional radio at this point? And even if they do, how much influence do the stations have?

I cant get behind the "post grunge was better than grunge" argument. Put in Dirt, Ten or Badmotorfinger then put in any of these post grunge records and see what stacks up. Those releases were seminal.

That said if you like post grunge, whatever. I cant get into it for the most part. Whos that one band, Seether? uhhh. Nauseating.

Now if we're talking what gets radio play, thats a different story. Avenged Sevenfold are talented and tend to be overplayed, some would say.

The bigger question is do people still listen to traditional radio at this point? And even if they do, how much influence do the stations have?

I still listen to the radio, Avenged Sevenfold is about the only newer band they play that I enjoy (but their lyrics are laughably bad, especially on their newest album).

I still listen to the radio, Avenged Sevenfold is about the only newer band they play that I enjoy (but their lyrics are laughably bad, especially on their newest album).

you mean just like a local radio station? No satellite or other forms of internet radio eg. Pandora?

I basically just read music sites and then use the Spotify "related artists" section to find new music.

Edited by bt88

Here's how I see it:

Kurt was cool while he was still here, after he took his life he left us a generation of whiners, cryers, moaners and wannabes. Add that to MTVism, and you get the huge stinky pile of shit that is emo, alt metal and post-grunge. To see more listen to My Chemical Romance, Bullet For My Valentine, etc... :vomit:

But I kinda like NuMetal tho... :monkey:

you mean just like a local radio station? No satellite or other forms of internet radio eg. Pandora?

I basically just read music sites and then use the Spotify "related artists" section to find new music.

Yeah man a local radio station. I got one around here that does a good mix of 70s-today but always find myself cringing at the newest stuff.

Shinedown are fucking AWESOME. The songs that got major radio exposure, like 'Second Chance' and 'The Crow & The Butterfly' are among their worst, but songs like '45', 'Son of Sam', 'What A Shame' and 'Sound of Madness' are awesome. They're an amazing live band, too.

Classic rock band. They would have fit in the 70s no problem. Not many bands have that classic sound today.