Guns N' Roses nominated for rock n' roll hall of fame

Rovim

Looks like a Cure fan recently rigged the poll. They went from around 12,000 votes to 27,000 votes literally overnight. Such bullshit.

Cure is awesome in atleast one million ways though.

But they were a million times LESS popular around the world than GNR was at it's peak. Even the RHCP, who I love, were never even half as big as GNR.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a Cure fan recently rigged the poll. They went from around 12,000 votes to 27,000 votes literally overnight. Such bullshit.

I like the Cure and hope they get in, but it's still bullshit that their fans stooped to that. Likewise for RHCP the other day. Only good thing is they turned off the bot for RHCP. It was voting once per second for most of the day when the poll was posted. They probably realized that it would look pretty bad if they let it keep running for days on end and RHCP ended up with something ridiculous like 80% of the votes. At one point they were over 30% as a result of the bot cheating. Now it's down to 19% thanks in part to the Cure bot cheating and also because the RHCP bot isn't voting once per second anymore.

I like the Cure and hope they get in, but it's still bullshit that their fans stooped to that. Likewise for RHCP the other day. Only good thing is they turned off the bot for RHCP. It was voting once per second for most of the day when the poll was posted. They probably realized that it would look pretty bad if they let it keep running for days on end and RHCP ended up with something ridiculous like 80% of the votes. At one point they were over 30% as a result of the bot cheating. Now it's down to 19% thanks in part to the Cure bot cheating and also because the RHCP bot isn't voting once per second anymore.

and because there's no way gnr could ever possibly lose.

No it's not that. I was watching the votes pretty closely and there was some suspicious stuff going on with both RHCP and Cure. Hell probably for GN'R too. That one wasn't quite as obvious because it was going up at a somewhat steady rate. The other two made sudden jumps and I don't think it was just that the Cure magically found 15,000 fans to vote in 5 hours.

No it's not that. I was watching the votes pretty closely and there was some suspicious stuff going on with both RHCP and Cure. Hell probably for GN'R too. That one wasn't quite as obvious because it was going up at a somewhat steady rate. The other two made sudden jumps and I don't think it was just that the Cure magically found 15,000 fans to vote in 5 hours.

if it was overnight in the US, then it was daytime in europe, where the cure is way more popular than in america.

or it was bots. it doesn't matter...this vote has nothing to do with who's getting in. lady gaga would win hands down if they put her name on there.

It's not a public vote, even though the committee might be monitoring it. It's going to be down to 500 people in the music industry...

It also helps around the time they decide on who the finalists are, the artists have a presence out there, with a box set, a tour, new music, a documentary, or a greatest hits comp.

There's def. favoritism - a lot of Sire artists made it in pretty fast. And like I said, Robbie Robertson got Neil Diamond in last year because they're good friends.

Springsteen's manager chairs the induction, and Steve Van Zandt is on the committee. It's a given Bruce is one of the voting members, he's usually at the event. McCartney, Billy Joel..for all we know, Slash votes, too.

The critics are RS heavy - David Fricke,Dave Marsh, Joe Levy and Anthony DeCurtis. I think most of them have shows on Sirius radio.

Rush and KISS have been in the running before, and I'm expecting in 2-3 years they'll show up again. I knew Madonna was in, and I knew when Iggy sang the Madonna songs, the Stooges were going to be in. Alice finally made it in last year. I'd love to see more prog rock and metal bands - Genesis made it in only because Peter Gabriel was in the band and it would look bad if he was inducted first. Even though they call Yes bombastic, Rick Wakeman also contributed to Lou Reed and Black Sabbath. ELP got bashed like a pinata, and Moody Blues might be too hippie.

I'd love to see The Monkees and Spinal Tap in. I feel they're legit bands if they've played live, wrote, and recorded their own music, and made impact on rock music in some way.

Cure's been recording since 79, but few of their influences are in. No Joy Division, PiL, or even the band Robert Smith was in for 5 minutes, Siouxie and the Banshees. Duran Duran and Depeche Mode are sure to follow...

If GNR are in because they recorded in '86, NIN will be inducted in 2 years. Reznor will be in first try. He's been on enough RS covers over the years...and Janes Addiction should be eligible next year.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=163821

I hope they get inducted! I think it's an honor.

I used to not give a fuck about the 'legacy' of bands, but I kinda want Guns to be remembered as one of the greatest hard rock bands ever.

Cool! Guns N' Roses desverves to get inducted, even though they don't exist anymore (Fake GNR has nothing to do with The Rock N' Roll Hall Of FAME, remember that).

Fake in what way? I don't think that about new Guns at all. Great fucking band.

Fake, like in if Ron or Pittman(?) gets inducted to TRRHOF it would not be deserved. Because Chinese Democracy has nothing to do with that nomination.

It's not a public vote, even though the committee might be monitoring it. It's going to be down to 500 people in the music industry...

It also helps around the time they decide on who the finalists are, the artists have a presence out there, with a box set, a tour, new music, a documentary, or a greatest hits comp.

There's def. favoritism - a lot of Sire artists made it in pretty fast. And like I said, Robbie Robertson got Neil Diamond in last year because they're good friends.

Springsteen's manager chairs the induction, and Steve Van Zandt is on the committee. It's a given Bruce is one of the voting members, he's usually at the event. McCartney, Billy Joel..for all we know, Slash votes, too.

The critics are RS heavy - David Fricke,Dave Marsh, Joe Levy and Anthony DeCurtis. I think most of them have shows on Sirius radio.

Rush and KISS have been in the running before, and I'm expecting in 2-3 years they'll show up again. I knew Madonna was in, and I knew when Iggy sang the Madonna songs, the Stooges were going to be in. Alice finally made it in last year. I'd love to see more prog rock and metal bands - Genesis made it in only because Peter Gabriel was in the band and it would look bad if he was inducted first. Even though they call Yes bombastic, Rick Wakeman also contributed to Lou Reed and Black Sabbath. ELP got bashed like a pinata, and Moody Blues might be too hippie.

I'd love to see The Monkees and Spinal Tap in. I feel they're legit bands if they've played live, wrote, and recorded their own music, and made impact on rock music in some way.

Cure's been recording since 79, but few of their influences are in. No Joy Division, PiL, or even the band Robert Smith was in for 5 minutes, Siouxie and the Banshees. Duran Duran and Depeche Mode are sure to follow...

If GNR are in because they recorded in '86, NIN will be inducted in 2 years. Reznor will be in first try. He's been on enough RS covers over the years...and Janes Addiction should be eligible next year.

Wow, that was pretty insightful.

thanks for bothering to write that. :)

probably better if he doesn't perform. he'll just show up fat and winded and sing off key and embarrass himself, his band and the fans who voted for him.

But at the same time he could show up and deliver an amazing performance, who knows. More importantly who knows if he is actually going to show up