This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

Well no rant, no nothing except Estranged. A "surprise" doesn't make up for a fucking huge amateurism that Axl showed tonight. Worst vocals ever (2001 terrible voice back again), wrong lyrics, auto-pilot setlist (TWAT and Prostitute were planned.. lol). You don't do Rock in Rio when you're this unprepared. Evanescence was 1000 times better than GNR. Don't get me wrong: DJ was amazing (out of all 3 guitarists, he's the most pro, he brought a new solo because he KNOWS IT'S A FUCKING NEW TOUR. Heads up DJ), Bumblefoot fucking nailed all of his parts amazing as hell considering his state, Fortus rocks as ever, and the rest of the band was pretty square as well.

But Axl sucked balls. Terribly out of shape (it's like we're back in 2009 when he was forgivable considering what happened with the CD release and all the trials and shit that happened to him), terribly out of tune, he totally butchered November Rain, his own song, a song he has played hundreds of times before, even the band didn't understand what the fuck he was doing. I gotta admit I was impressed he got everything right about Estranged (except the sighs and little sounds he used to do but can't blame him since it's been so long) but on all of the other songs, it's like he didn't rehearse shit.

I'm one of GNR most hardcore fans, I defended them throughout ALL TOUR last year as you know, because there were surprises, good vocals and given the mess that was the CD release, i forgave Axl.

But Axl had A FULL YEAR to prepare for Rock in Rio, nothing was stopping him from being great. Instead it's like he waited the very last moment to rehearse Estranged (twice according to him) and looks like he didn't use his voice at all this year.

He let his voice die once again. He completely RUINED everything for the upcoming US tour. He looks really bad, this facelift/botox whatever it is doesn't help, but damn HIT THE GYM like every other major singer does, look at Steven Tyler for christ's sake, one of your models, older than you are. I don't understand what's in his head. If he doesn't seriously hit the gym and train his vocals, then GNR is fucking over. If Axl succeeded in maintaining GNR alive, it's because he's always kept some edge, some rants, something that make him be Axl. Even in 2001, his physical shape and rants did make up for the terrible vocals. Here, there was absolutely nothing to back up the voice catastrophee.

This show was exactly the same as any of the show last year except there was estranged and the vocals were a lot worse. How can y ou set on a new tour when you don't totally renew your setlist and intentions?

And where are the rants? Axl is slowly vanishing from the face of the earth. He appears to live safe at home with Beta and he's forgotten the danger. GNR spirit is dying. I don't even recognizing him physically. I'm fucking disappointed. I'd rate this show 2 stars out of 5, one being for Estranged and one for the amazing band that DO practice the songs and rock like hell. But overall, let's be honest, it was a BAD show, BAD vocals, WRONG lyrics, NO surprise, it's unforgivable for an event such as Rock in Rio.

Axl, you've become a fucking amateur. You were such a pro back in the days, playing Coma out of nowhere, and now you can't even play november rain properly. Fucking disappointment. I hate myself for writing this, I should probably shut the fuck up, deal with it and forget for GNR and just wait for an hypothetical CD II with buckethead leftovers.

But GNR's records aren't as important for me as Axl's attitude and Axl's spirit. GNR to me has always been about attitude, fucking the establishment and putting up a great show with professionalism and a sense of perfection. Look at Estranged played in Tokyo in 1992. Damn it was pristine.

Now, on every single song, there's a lyric forgotten or Axl's voice isn't there. It's a catastrophee. Axl is totally losing it. Retiring now would be better or fucking train and rehearse like fuck for months before going on a tour. Look at Evanescence, it was perfect. She trained well. Having the GNR legacy doesn't excuse everything. How perfect GNR was in the 80's and 90's don't excuse everything. Life is about work, hard work, perfectionism, rage. Axl, you're losing it.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that a great Axl fan like you isn't blind to what happened tonight.

I'm really angry and sad right now.

I've been supporting this band for the last 5 years and I know that most of you have been doing so for way longer than that but still...I don't see any reason to keep supporting them.

Fortus is wasted, DJ is an ambitious artist and he's going nowhere, Ron was so much better off...

There's no wondering why everybody left.

Yeah, it was a disaster.

I'm glad that a great Axl fan like you isn't blind to what happened tonight.

I'm really angry and sad right now.

I've been supporting this band for the last 5 years and I know that most of you have been doing so for way longer than that but still...I don't see any reason to keep supporting them.

Bye then. xoxo :violin:

The biggest thing for me was Axl forgetting nearly an entire verse of November Rain. Forgetting a line is forgivable, but five? On a song that he's sung a million times? Not good enough. Plus the four other songs he forgot some of the lyrics to.

Guest gunns5

The biggest thing for me was Axl forgetting nearly an entire verse of November Rain. Forgetting a line is forgivable, but five? On a song that he's sung a million times? Not good enough. Plus the four other songs he forgot some of the lyrics to.

one of the many reasons which led to Axl being pissed off.

I asked him in the chats why he hasn't been singing the line "Sometimes I need sometime on my own" correctly since 2001, and he was like "dunno, I probably fucked it up".

Which means it's been incorrect on his teleprompter for 10 years and no one's bothered to fix it. He depends too much on the teleprompters.

He could have worked out and practiced his singing at least a month before the show. He says: "I'm not working for you". Oh yeah? Then who fkn pays for your house on the hills and your sports cars??!! It's the fans Axl!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fans who paid to see that show seemed to be having a good time.

So upset and let down! The band gave 95% of their hearts tonight on stage except good ole Axl. I am glad the US dates close to me have not yet been announced because honestly I do not see a US tour happening unless Axl can do some major PR kissing and do it quickly. How many rock stations promoting the US will be pulling audio for their radio shows and totally trashing what tonight was. Yes there were a couple high points but god damn Axl really could of did something to push this band back on top. The more we see of Axl the more we can really put the blame on what really happened to Guns N Roses.

There was really no high fives, pats on the back, or any band chemistry other than Pitman having some chick play the tambourine! I did not see this band tonight acting like a true as a whole band. You look back at the other band clips they showed before GnR hit the stage and each act blew Guns away. Fucking Lemmy with one foot in the grave gave a better performance than what Axl put into tonight.

I am just frustrated and really let down as a fan. I am one of the biggest Axl pushers there is and man it sucks to have to finally realize what really is happening. I really hope he can salvage what can be made of this group because god damn they played the fuck out of Estranged and the potential is right there!!!

Was a good concert, some bad moments, an EPIC performance of Estranged, and a lot of good moments. I wanna hear some new songs. But for me, RIR 2001 was worse than this show.

All the band play very very well, n' the solos sounds great. The fuckin' rain fucked the show, it's very tired to do something under the rain, n' all this band play during 2 1/2 hours.

WTF....

a shame..

if you haven't seen this show tonight or whatever time it is over there... don't talk like you know what happend.

there were a lot of difficulties along the road for gnr.

the rain..

the water on the stage (some crew did mop the floor in the beginning of the set but didn't do it much later on....

The guitar from Ashba failed due to failiure of the equipment cause of the rain.

Axl's monitor f*cked up many times... from the start.

if you count that all up...

I don't blame him!

and you bitch about prostitute and twat not being played...

You've gotten 2.5 hours worth of gnr! that's frigging longer then normal guy!

you should be happy!

and that setlist could've been a fake what I already suspected....30 songs.... and gnr not going on before 2... you know that ain't right ;)

WTF....

a shame..

if you haven't seen this show tonight or whatever time it is over there... don't talk like you know what happend.

there were a lot of difficulties along the road for gnr.

the rain..

the water on the stage (some crew did mop the floor in the beginning of the set but didn't do it much later on....

The guitar from Ashba failed due to failiure of the equipment cause of the rain.

Axl's monitor f*cked up many times... from the start.

if you count that all up...

I don't blame him!

and you bitch about prostitute and twat not being played...

You've gotten 2.5 hours worth of gnr! that's frigging longer then normal guy!

you should be happy!

and that setlist could've been a fake what I already suspected....30 songs.... and gnr not going on before 2... you know that ain't right ;)

It was a bad show, nobody should try and cover that up it is what it is

There was really no high fives, pats on the back, or any band chemistry other than Pitman having some chick play the tambourine! I did not see this band tonight acting like a true as a whole band. You look back at the other band clips they showed before GnR hit the stage and each act blew Guns away. Fucking Lemmy with one foot in the grave gave a better performance than what Axl put into tonight.

little hard to move about in the rain. Axl patted fortus, danced with ashba, joked with tommy, bumble fooled around with axl. There was plenty of comradere it was just overshadowed literally by the rain clouds and Axl's frustration

Will probably go down in history as being one of their worst big gigs. RiR 2001 is infamous but at least Axl had incredible energy at that show, and there was that crowd interaction. The only real interaction here was when he brought Beta out. He looked disinterested most of the time, and getting pissed off during Patience and acting like a diva to make a point to the crew (I'm assuming he was mad at technicians or the promoters or something) is dumb because you're only really hurting the fans -- especially when the rest of the band is still jamming out and giving 110%.

Can't say I was as hyped up for this performance as I might have been a few years ago (and as some of you seemed to be!) but it was still a disappointment. I think Estranged was the only song that actually sounded good overall.