Estranged 2011 Chinese Democracy Tour

ITW 2012

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This performance shits all over Rio and Chile. Some of the posters in this thread are nuts.

I think the new band is cool and I am a fan of Axl, but you guys need to stop trying to convince yourselves that this band is better than the old.

Has this new band even written a hit song yet?

This performance shits all over Rio and Chile. Some of the posters in this thread are nuts.

I think the new band is cool and I am a fan of Axl, but you guys need to stop trying to convince yourselves that this band is better than the old.

Which version of the new band are you referring to?

Edited by ITW 2012

Any version of the new band. These guys are covering music of people who couldn't even write hit songs ( Finck, Buckethead, Brain etc)

, but you guys need to stop trying to convince yourselves that this band is better than the old.

Seriously bro?

I'm not trying to "convince" myself. You need to stop convincing yourself that because you think something is cooler than the other, everyone else should think so as well. (please don't bring up numbers like album sales or hits to prove to me why the old line up is better, because frankly, I could give a fuck what others think or album charts etc.)

I love that some fans of the old lineup get so uptight when they hear someone say they like the new line up better, why give a shit what someone else likes???

You like the old line up better? Cool, I like the new line up better. In the end we are both fans of guns n roses.

Any version of the new band. These guys are covering music of people who couldn't even write hit songs ( Finck, Buckethead, Brain etc)

Yes Nine Inch Nails has no hit songs.

And I'm pretty sure that it isn't Bucketheads intention to write what you cal ''hit songs'', he releases HIS music.

That is how it should be played.

Haha. You gotta be kidding. This is the poorest version of Estranged that I've ever heard. Can only imagined what they thought of his voice during that show. Just saying that the band wasn't always flawless. GNR has always been sloppy and that's why we find every concert interesting, cause there's always something different.

This version really does have "something" that I don't get from the performances recently. Not to say that people have to like the same versions I do, but I just prefer this one myself. Especially Matt's drumming, this song is one of those rare occasions where Matt actually fits really well with the band IMO

Haha. You gotta be kidding. This is the poorest version of Estranged that I've ever heard. Can only imagined what they thought of his voice during that show. Just saying that the band wasn't always flawless. GNR has always been sloppy and that's why we find every concert interesting, cause there's always something different.

Rock n' roll isn't about being flawless. That is my point.

The Indiana performance was rock n' roll. The new version is cover band with no soul or attitude. Besides, the Indiana performance occurred before the release of UYI. This was the show where November Rain was played for the very first time. That version of NR also puts the current NR to shame.

P.S Why can't Bumblefoot play the "Welcome To The Jungle" solo without looking? That is an easy solo.

You would have never seen the old band wearing lame shit like a storm trooper helmet on stage.

The Indiana performance was rock n' roll. The new version is cover band with no soul or attitude. Besides, the Indiana performance occurred before the release of UYI. This was the show where November Rain was played for the very first time. That version of NR also puts the current NR to shame.

P.S Why can't Bumblefoot play the "Welcome To The Jungle" solo without looking? That is an easy solo.

You would have never seen the old band wearing lame shit like a storm trooper helmet on stage.

Ya, you tell him!!!!

Cuz Slash didn't have a "look" either. And he never messed up a solo or part of a song.

And the storm trooper helmet? Was just worn for a few minutes, for a fan. He signed the hat for the fan prior to the show. Then during the concert, saw the fan in the front row with the helmet.....thought it would be a nice treat for the fan to wear it during a song. And he apologized aftewards for screwing up while wearing it. For part of ONE song. Ya - what a jerk that guy is.

You old band lovers have a couple different sections where you can jerk off over every thing that Slash has done, is doing, or is going to do in the future. Why don't you post there??? Post where you enjoy the band, why would anybody post in a forum of a band they don't like?

Edited by Groghan

Ya, you tell him!!!!

Cuz Slash didn't have a "look" either. And he never messed up a solo or part of a song.

And the storm trooper helmet? Was just worn for a few minutes, for a fan. He signed the hat for the fan prior to the show. Then during the concert, saw the fan in the front row with the helmet.....thought it would be a nice treat for the fan to wear it during a song. And he apologized aftewards for screwing up while wearing it. For part of ONE song. Ya - what a jerk that guy is.

You old band lovers have a couple different sections where you can jerk off over every thing that Slash has done, is doing, or is going to do in the future. Why don't you post there??? Post where you enjoy the band, why would anybody post in a forum of a band they don't like?

First people complain that the new band make a mistake in a solo, and now you're saying it's good to make a mistake because it's rock n roll??!!

This pretty much sums up what an impossible task it is for the new band to win some people over.

Ya, you tell him!!!!

First people complain that the new band make a mistake in a solo, and now you're saying it's good to make a mistake because it's rock n roll??!!

This pretty much sums up what an impossible task it is for the new band to win some people over.

Groghan was being sarcastic to make exactly that point.

Ya, you tell him!!!!

The fact that you had to point that out......wow. I am glad that at least one person gets it!!!!

This is one of the strangest forums I've been a part of. People either love Axl and they get mad if u say anything negative. Or they hate him....but they come to a GnR forum on a daily basis.

Indianna 91 is my favorite GNR show. Simple reason it has so much energy and is so raw. Plus you got Izzy Stradlin

Ya, you tell him!!!!

The fact that you had to point that out......wow. I am glad that at least one person gets it!!!!

This is one of the strangest forums I've been a part of. People either love Axl and they get mad if u say anything negative. Or they hate him....but they come to a GnR forum on a daily basis.

Haha. Strange indeed. I just meant to agree with Groghan.