GN'R comment on late starts etc

gunsguy

there is nothing wrong with the late starts, just as long as most people know about them and expect them so that the crowd doesn't grow restless while expecting the band to hit the stage at 8 pm and then turn against axl when he comes out at 11:30. I say they should just post the late start time on the tickets, that would solve everything. Something like "show starts sometime between 11 pm and 12 am."

it says on my ticket from last year to please be aware that the show may start later than advertised. I remember cause thats the only ticket I have which says that and we got a laugh about it cause only a gnr ticket would say that.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this on facebook, loved it! to be honest it should be no secret to most but yet more complain lol

Ha! Yeah, you're so above those people who have jobs and have to work in the morning. Losers. Lol!

:thumbsup:

I had a job when I saw them thanks, my shift started at 7am and I got in at 4 or something, so throw another commet at me loser!

Yeah, thats cool.

Wanna start the show 00:00, 01:00? Ok, fine.

The problem is when you start at 02:30 (one hour and a half late) with the fans under heavy rain on a fucking festival. (standing for the past 12 hours).

Just saying.

It's simple. Going on two hours late is unprofessional. GN'R's post isn't incorrect, but it should come with an acknowledgement that it's terribly unprofessional and disrespectful to fans who have a life outside of Guns N' Roses. I've seen bands way more crazy and balls to the wall than Guns perform at the time they say they will.

Edited by tuyfuvk17

Yeah, thats cool.

The problem is when you start at 02:30 (one hour and a half late) with the fans under heavy rain on a fucking festival. (standing for the past 12 hours).

Just saying.

to be honest mate they wasn't late at rio, system finished late and it took the tech guys an hour to set up with the rain and stuff. See its people like you that spread untrue statements around, now go to beddie bies

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you "normally" do the next day.

Employers and principals aren’t going to accept the antics of GN’R as a legitimate reason for absence. Axl can’t expect everybody to put their lives on hold for GN’R (especially as they’ve actually purchased a ticket).

Axl is essentially willing to compromise significant aspects of people’s lives for them to catch a Guns show.

It's simple. Going on two hours late is unprofessional. GN'R's post isn't incorrect, but it should come with an acknowledgement that it's terribly unprofessional and disrespectful to fans who have a life outside of Guns N' Roses. I've seen bands way more crazy and balls to the wall than Guns perform at the time they say they will.

So, so true. It's so immature and childish for them to make such a statement. It's not rock and roll. It's disrespectful and shitty to make people wait. What the fuck are they doing backstage that is more important than being reasonable on time and earning their money? Nothing. Grow up Axl/band.

Yeah, thats cool.

Just saying.

That's one of the few occasions it was excusable. SOAD finished at 1:30. They had to build the friggin' stage. Prepare instruments for 8 members, plus the Frank platform, all under heavy rain. Adapt the teleprompter, the monitors and such, if you come to think of it, 1:00 to prepare a stage under heavy rain ain't that bad. But it really sucked. GnR started I was tired as fuck already...

Yeah, thats cool.

Just saying.

That's one of the few occasions it was excusable. SOAD finished at 1:30. They had to build the friggin' stage. Prepare instruments for 8 members, plus the Frank platform, all under heavy rain. Adapt the teleprompter, the monitors and such, if you come to think of it, 1:00 to prepare a stage under heavy rain ain't that bad. But it really sucked. GnR started I was tired as fuck already...

He really shouldn't need a teleprompter though.

Yeah, thats cool.

Just saying.

He really shouldn't need a teleprompter though.

Yeah. It's excusable for cover songs like Riff Raff and Whole Lotta Rosie but using it for November Rain is ridiculous.

Honestly, I don't care if he forgets lyrics. It happens to everyone and it's not a big deal at all. It's actually pathetic to cry about it. If he just recovers and brushes it off, it's no big deal. And if his voice is in shape, no one remembers or picks it apart the next day.

Basically it means all that matters to Axl is himself. Not You, Not Your job, Not your school or the things you 'Nomally' do.

THanks Axl. We get it.

Wow. Are you really that much of a lame-assed square? Are you really that ignorant of ALL THE OTHER ROCK N ROLL BANDS THAT PLAY INTO THE WEE HOURS OF THE NIGHT?

This is rock n roll. Going to a Guns' show is an experience; a unique happening. If you're not smart enough to ask for the next day off, use a sick day, or prepare a good bullshit excuse for being late, then that's your own fault, not Axl's.

Quit exaggerating it. If you're going to a rock n roll concert, the difference between it getting over at 2am or 4am means jack shit.

You wouldn't happen to be a hypochondriac, would you? Just wondering.

Basically it means all that matters to Axl is himself. Not You, Not Your job, Not your school or the things you 'Nomally' do.

THanks Axl. We get it.

Wow. Are you really that much of a lame-assed square? Are you really that ignorant of ALL THE OTHER ROCK N ROLL BANDS THAT PLAY INTO THE WEE HOURS OF THE NIGHT?

This is rock n roll. Going to a Guns' show is an experience; a unique happening. If you're not smart enough to ask for the next day off, use a sick day, or prepare a good bullshit excuse for being late, then that's your own fault, not Axl's.

Quit exaggerating it. If you're going to a rock n roll concert, the difference between it getting over at 2am or 4am means jack shit.

You wouldn't happen to be a hypochondriac, would you? Just wondering.

Problem is, most "rock and roll" shows are over around midnight. That doesn't make anyone a lame-assed square. A lot of shows have doors at 7, opener at 8, main act around 9-9:30. Even with a 2 and a half hour show, that puts it over at midnight or a little after. That's reasonable, and that's how most shows are done. People complain having to sit around for multiple hours for NO reason. It's bullshit.

And even if the show times are an hour later, that's still 1am. I think a lot of the negative reviews come from the band coming on hours late, then having those bullshit "solo" sections in the set. You know what happened when I went to a show and the opener was late? The main act cut the opening band's set and still went on at the right time. They didn't take shit for people being disrespectful and delaying stuff. So the numerous amount of excuses people make up for this band coming on late and such is ridiculous. "they do it cause they can and the are guns and fucking roses man" Really? If they keep their shit up, their appeal will become less and less and that's life. "Technical difficulties or Axl mic malfunction" Really? these people are professionals and solutions happen fast. Don't buy into the bullshit people. Every show I've ever been to was almost on time, even at the last festival I was at.

I personally think Axl likes being Axl. He likes people hating on the band for fair reasons. He likes feeling like he is an underdog, yet still acts like it's 1991 and does whatever he wants despite his lack of star power that he hasn't had in 20 years. If he wanted to succeed and be the best band they could be, he'd run shit right and show he's not a douche like most people see him as. I don't blame people for disliking him. He doesn't do much to get praise.

Edited by Ak1nney

Guns N' Roses

Love it Hate it Accept it Debate it - You want 8 o'clock shows go find F-R-I-E-N-D-S or hit a cinema somewhere.. or you wanna be informed go catch the 10 o'clock news.. this is Rock N' Roll! Treat yourself don't cheat yourself thinking you're gonna go to school or work or whatever you "normally" do the next day. Oh and remember before you get high and never want to come down. "you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me!" This is Guns N'Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite. Looking forward to sharing that with rockers soon!

19 minutes ago via facebook

I predict a riot when they keep this attitude during the U.S. tour. Rock N' Roll can be played at any time of day, even at 9 pm in the evening.

I think the late starts are pretty stupid on Axl's part but it's pointless to complain about it. Just don't go to the show. If they end up playing half-empty arenas in the US then maybe they'll figure it out. It's just dumb to buy a ticket and then complain about the late start afterwards when you knew exactly what the deal was all along.

THanks Axl. We get it.

This is rock n roll.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Yeah, real Rock N' Roll to release one album in 18 years. Real Rock N' Roll when 7/8ths of the band are on a salary. Real rock n' roll when a band signs an exclusive distribution deal with a major shopping chain. There is no consistency. Axl goes on whenever he wants, that is fine. But to say "this is rock n' roll' is wrong and inconsistent.