No more Axl Rose in Rock in Rio, says Medina

Gallagher Rose

Funny. Before the show Rio was the ultimate proof that GnR was still an A-list band. But now, Rio and its organizers are a joke and not to be respected. Funny how that works.

Considering the lineups for each day, you can tell that most of the bands sucked (with a few exceptions), specially the brazilian ones :tongue2: . RIR hasn't set the bar for good ROCK festivals for some time now. IMO they should actually consider changing the name to "Pop In Rio".

To be fair, pop is a sub-genre of rock.

Never once heard Mmmm Bop and thought "now that's some sweet rock".

I just love music. The name of the band or genre of the music means nothing to me.

I appreciate a great song, regardless if it is rock, country, rap, jazz, pop, polka, whatever. I could never imagine limiting my music options to just one style.

Funny. Before the show Rio was the ultimate proof that GnR was still an A-list band. But now, Rio and its organizers are a joke and not to be respected. Funny how that works.

Considering the lineups for each day, you can tell that most of the bands sucked (with a few exceptions), specially the brazilian ones :tongue2: . RIR hasn't set the bar for good ROCK festivals for some time now. IMO they should actually consider changing the name to "Pop In Rio".

To be fair, pop is a sub-genre of rock.

Never once heard Mmmm Bop and thought "now that's some sweet rock".

I just love music. The name of the band or genre of the music means nothing to me.

I appreciate a great song, regardless if it is rock, country, rap, jazz, pop, polka, whatever. I could never imagine limiting my music options to just one style.

Medina has said for some time now Rock in Rio is a brand name. It's a festival that does not specialize in any genre of music. In 2001 we had Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys. This year we had Rihanna, Shakira, Katy Perry, etc... The thing is... there were 3 rock days, and 4 pop days. Should be the other way around.

THis guy is a fucking clown. System of a clown was late. Then water pours down the sky like fucking theres no tomorrow. Don't tell me about lateness. I taught they wouldn't even play in these conditions. You are lucky you cunt, that they didn't cancelled the show! He was probably watching the show in a well dried up, heated little salon, yelling :" why arent this guy not on stage?"

Fuck you Medina. Laughable piece of shit!

Whatever, Tweety Bird.

Tweetie PIE

Rio has never been good to Guns

What are you basing this on?

Rock In Rio II (1991)

Constant sound problems throughout the two nights. This being the clearest example

Rock In Rio 3 (2001)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxezDkcF0io

Finck messing up the start of sweet child, As does Tommy (comes in too early) Axl's vocals are off

Rock In Rio IV (2006)

Again bad mixing, and sloppy play throughout. Tho there is less sloppy playing that at Rock In Rio 3 Bad the bad mixing is very clear throughout this preformance. Just listen to Axl at the start.

Rock In Rio 4 (2011)

That has been examined a number of times...

So Rio has never been kind to guns. There has always been sound problems among sloppy playing

So Axl has managed to get himself shunned by alot of the media (see recent stories from all media on weight) and banned from Rio, St. Louis & Philly. Wonder where he'll maange to get banned next?

I see the USA venues or tour promotor pulling the plug on this after the first 3-5 shows due to late start times -

Rio has never been good to Guns

What are you basing this on?

Rock In Rio II (1991)

Constant sound problems throughout the two nights. This being the clearest example

Rock In Rio 3 (2001)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pxezDkcF0io

Finck messing up the start of sweet child, As does Tommy (comes in too early) Axl's vocals are off

Rock In Rio IV (2006)

Again bad mixing, and sloppy play throughout. Tho there is less sloppy playing that at Rock In Rio 3 Bad the bad mixing is very clear throughout this preformance. Just listen to Axl at the start.

Rock In Rio 4 (2011)

That has been examined a number of times...

So Rio has never been kind to guns. There has always been sound problems among sloppy playing

i agree all the other acts did not have problem but gnr did

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Rock N Rio never lacts for exposure dude - give that excuse a rest already and think of some better ones

The jacket and Axl’s weight certainly garnered huge attention. And Estranged to a lesser extent.

Rio has never been kind to Guns because of sound problems?

Like most bad things in the GNR world, this again is on Axl. He knows he has a dynamic, loud then quiet, screechy voice that would be hard to work with as a sound man and he CHOOSES never to go to sound check.... then gets mad on stage mid show when things don't go perfectly. It's not a coincidence most bands don't have constant sound issues while Axl's band does because he shows up in the country an hour after he's supposed to be on stage.

Finck messing up Sweet Child isn't Rio's fault, neither is Tommy messing up and neither is sloppy playing.

I wasn't blaming promoters. i just ment that GNR at Rio has never been perfect

Medina is a fucking cunt.

I was there and didn't feel disrespected by the band at any moment.

I did, however, feel disrespected by the organization that told the band to end before they wanted to. The band and the fans, who were the ones in the fucking rain, where willing to stay there, why the fuck did Medina and his dry little ass pull the plug on it? Fuck you.

Medina is a fucking cunt.

I was there and didn't feel disrespected by the band at any moment.

I did, however, feel disrespected by the organization that told the band to end before they wanted to. The band and the fans, who were the ones in the fucking rain, where willing to stay there, why the fuck did Medina and his dry little ass pull the plug on it? Fuck you.

True dat.

As much as I love Axl how can you not agree

I would like to hear Axl’s perspective firstly.

System of Clowns performed for too long, you couldn’t hear Axl initially, and the rain compromised various aspects of the show.

Axl respected the fans with a two hour set in oppressive conditions; Medina disrespected Axl with permitting System of Clowns to perform beyond their agreed set and pulling the plug on GN’R’s show.

that's from your perspective....

could've been possible that Medine asked SOAD to keep playing a bit as Axl was nowhere to be seen?... and that would've give them some time to keep the public busy instead of keeping the schedule and hold the people for more hours doing nothing?