No more Axl Rose in Rock in Rio, says Medina

Gallagher Rose

As much as I love Axl how can you not agree

I would like to hear Axl’s perspective firstly.

System of Clowns performed for too long, you couldn’t hear Axl initially, and the rain compromised various aspects of the show.

Axl respected the fans with a two hour set in oppressive conditions; Medina disrespected Axl with permitting System of Clowns to perform beyond their agreed set and pulling the plug on GN’R’s show.

that's from your perspective....

could've been possible that Medine asked SOAD to keep playing a bit as Axl was nowhere to be seen?... and that would've give them some time to keep the public busy instead of keeping the schedule and hold the people for more hours doing nothing?

It was just announced Axl was there since 1:00 AM, dude.

oh c'mon, how many statements have you actually proved reliable from GNR in the last couple of years?

in this one they imply that will never take the stage late for unreasonable reasons, other than ones that they can't control...

we all know that's BS, Axl does it because whatever reason he has i will not argue that, but i doubt Medina, who took a lot of effort in to bring us GNR to Rio is now turning their back on them for unreasonable reasons... it just not logically posible

none of us know ifAxl was or wasn't there in time, with his usual behavior being taking the stage late, arriving late to the arena, etc.. is not possible that Medina, the guys who probably went trhough a lot of effort to get GNR is saying the truth?

we don't know what happened backstage, but i see a lot of hate towards Medina in some GNR forums over this.. i mean the pattern here is that GNR always takes the stage late, and that Rock in Rio's been a succesfull show for many many years... but it's amazing how a lot of people are just willing to go trhough denial just to save face on GNR

I thank during Patience when he didn't sing the lyrics is when got the word he was being shut down and in response he says "Now I'm really gettin fucking pissed"

It had nothing to do with the monitors or whatever.

That really makes sense.

These posts are cracking me up.

So before axls terrible performance.....closing out Rio showed that GnR were still as popular and relevant as ever. But now, Rio is an overrated terrible piece of crap event to play.

And deb. You didn't feel disrespected, the show went great, medina picked your favorite band to play.....millions of people watched, some of the biggest acts in music performed......but because he didn't like Axls performance, he is now the biggest c*nt in the world. Ok, makes sense.

Some people have their heads so far up Axl's ass that it is funny.

Bottom line, it was a bit of a cluster. Axl was out of shape and not ready to perform. The weather was terrible. The Rio crew were probably worn out and ready to be finished. But to have vicious hatred towards either side is childish. Both extremist sides are crazy. The ones crucifying Medina, and the ones saying Axl should retire. You both give GnR fans a bad name.

These posts are cracking me up.

So before axls terrible performance.....closing out Rio showed that GnR were still as popular and relevant as ever. But now, Rio is an overrated terrible piece of crap event to play.

And deb. You didn't feel disrespected, the show went great, medina picked your favorite band to play.....millions of people watched, some of the biggest acts in music performed......but because he didn't like Axls performance, he is now the biggest c*nt in the world. Ok, makes sense.

Some people have their heads so far up Axl's ass that it is funny.

Bottom line, it was a bit of a cluster. Axl was out of shape and not ready to perform. The weather was terrible. The Rio crew were probably worn out and ready to be finished. But to have vicious hatred towards either side is childish. Both extremist sides are crazy. The ones crucifying Medina, and the ones saying Axl should retire. You both give GnR fans a bad name.

I know Axl has his faults he comes on late, he is very easily pissed and it seems he rarely does sound checks.

As far as his voice at Rio he sounded like he was sick you could here the snot gargling in his throat at times when he was singing.

You can't tell me a person can get in vocal or physical shape in 3 days because at the next show he did sound much better with more energy and each show after than he got even better. I am sorry but I don't buy the out of shape stuff. Could he be in better shape probly.

What I stated about during Patience and him missing the words it is very possible that is when he was told they where pulling the plug and to wrap it up.

If you notice during PC he goes from looking and sounding very down to a pissed off sound with more anger in his voice and his stage presence.

Do I think Axl is perfect and does no wrong? No

Does he bring bad things on his self? Yes At times

Also given his past and present way of doing things cause promoters and venues to jump the gun on things ? Yes

He does things his way wrong or right.

How many of us would change are ways of doing things just because someone said to do it? Not many

I thank during Patience when he didn't sing the lyrics is when got the word he was being shut down and in response he says "Now I'm really gettin fucking pissed"

No, he said that because he had forgotten lyric after lyric. He just got frustrated...that's all. I would have too.

Edited by Nintari

Holy shit dude never thought of that

Just look at the video on youtube he is not looking at the monitors he is look at the crowd when he stops and give a one sentence rant.

As I said in the last post I made he went from being down to more of a pissed off state during PC. Just look at his facal expressions, actions and listen for the anger in his voice mid way through.

So during mid song in patience they some how told him to wrap it up? Then during mid song on Nov Rain, a worker in the crowd signaled the amount of time they had left in the show?

Sometimes there isn't a big conspiracy behind everything that happens. All the worlds media and concert promoters aremt all out trying to screw Axl Rose.

No, he said that because he had forgotten lyric after lyric. He just got frustrated...that's all. I would have too.

The Axl we all know would have been pissed if he heard in his ear peice to wrap the show up and he wasn't ready.

You have to agree that it is very possible.

And yes I think it is possible on your take on things could be right.

I try and look at both sides if it looks like they maybe more than one side and in this case it could very well be more than one side to the story.

But neither you or I will most likely never know because Axl will not say anything about it.

So during mid song in patience they some how told him to wrap it up? Then during mid song on Nov Rain, a worker in the crowd signaled the amount of time they had left in the show?

It's possible. We know they can communicate with Axl while he is onstage.

Sometimes there isn't a big conspiracy behind everything that happens. All the worlds media and concert promoters aremt all out trying to screw Axl Rose.

Just most of them it seems if you belive the media hype