GUNS N' ROSES Frontman Stops Monterrey Concert After Fans 'Throw S**t' On Stage - Oct. 24, 2011

axlr23

What's the value in this slither of information though? So the wonderful world of blabbermouth commenters can have a picnic to bash Axl about what he's been doing for about a millenium, stopping songs if rowdy crowds throw shit at him, it's commendable that he sticks to the advice someone gave him (I can't remember who it was) and doesn't take any literal shit lol. Sometimes he's in a good mood as seen by a few days ago and other days he gets pissed. There's not really much to it but blabbermouthers can make mountains out of dust particles when it comes to Axl.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the NY Post everyday and every week there are a couple of concert reviews - usually they are pretty straight forward but if an incident likes this happens they make a note of it and why it happened - so for a reporter covering the concert to report on an incident like this happening is not focusing on the negatives but actually reporting on the concert - think of it like a reporter reporting the score of the Cardinals game when they won 16-7 without mentioning anywhere in the article that Poujols hit 3 fucking Home Runs - I don't think it's anti-GnR bias as much as it is fact based reporting - if Axl doesn't want shit thrown at him, he should take the fucking stage on time

this. with some blogs there might be a slant, but most of the time these articles that the nutters are saying diss Axl are really just stating what happened.

Sure,you aren't biased at all,looking for another article to plagiarise Sunny?

Most media "journalists",in fact the mainstream media are addicted to writing negative-slant articles about GNR.It's a sure way for them to get noticed by writing derogatory,shit articles that is not-so-much reporting,than it is character assasination and moaning,bitching,and whining.

It honestly makes no sense to constantly berate GNR endlessly,ad nausem unless you are trying to use the name to get noticed like Blabbermouth,Hulk Hogan,Tim Butters, and some of you here do the exact same maneuvering. This is supposed to be a fan forum? Yet the same group of people constantly have nothing more redeeming to occupy their time with.

GNR has never followed the "rock blueprint" has never caved in,or sold out.Integrity trumps "following rules" in my book. I don't give a happy damn what time GNR takes the stage,and don't blame GNR for refusing to be a Target for some fucking idiot's misplaced rage.

If you don't like the way GNR does business,well you are taking it way too personally because you may not agree,or like the way things are handled but,not to sound trite it is none of your business,you can still appreciate the music,regardless.

While it's true that all the self-important keyboard jockeys that post anonymous shit remarks about GNR,don't matter and won't alter a thing,it's a disgrace to call this a GNR forum,and condone some of the comments that the cuntastic idiots post.That is why I left,why I don't plan on visiting regularly.Ignoring something you know is wrong is condoning it to remain.It is a handful of circle-jerks that make this a negative buzz-kill of a supposed "fan forum",its a travesty.

I'm fucking enjoying this tour,despite all the beleaguered whining insignificunts, cowering behind their keyboards and making "witty and edgy" comments that they tug off to,when mommy isn't watching and compensating for a lack in their lives. Not pointing the finger at only this forum, although if you read enough it is basically the same clown troupe under various usernames that populate the internet.

It's not by any means inclusive of everyone here,prayers & positivity to the members that can,and obviously do appreciate and support GNRs,the hateraid squad can go straight to hell,and I honestly hope that all the negativity you spawn comes back to you threefold.Karma,baby! :thumbsup:

Your post from earlier today:

I think you need a pen-pal to cry to,might help with the unresolved hatred that causes you to spew vile and senseless insults at somebody you don't know

Your post in this thread:

I'm fucking enjoying this tour,despite all the beleaguered whining insignificunts (clever :rolleyes:) , cowering behind their keyboards and making "witty and edgy" comments that they tug off to,when mommy isn't watching and compensating for a lack in their lives.

See it didn't take long for you to start contradicting yourself again, :thumbsup: .

Nope,just calling them like I see em' your opinion won't affect my enjoyment at all,and whether you like it or not you are a good example of the whining insignificunts that are constantly permeating and polluting this environment with your biased,negative commentary. Guess that makes your day a bit less empty,but some of us see it as terminal stupidity.

Basically I view your "edgy & attempt to be witty" comments as a shitstain on the page,you don't matter.

I'm in GNR's corner, have been for 20 some-odd years and I'm having a great time regardless, so carry on BoBo ;)

On topic,I don't think anyone here is unaware of what Blabbermouth's M.O. is,they are the internet version of "National Enquirer",and "Daily Sun",they operate on dirty laundry and sensationalism,and aren't really concerned about accuracy in what they choose to "report", an open enemy is not a threat.

I'm outta here for now :thumbsup:

Edited by sailaway

Agreed with you Dazey, and there would still be a small proportion of the crowd who would throw stuff if Axl was on time however obviously if he's late it's much more likely to occur.

If he was on time I wouldn't hesitate to back him 100% even if he pulled the plug before the first note of Chinese Democracy was played. Axl's not stupid though so he needs to take responsibility for what can happen when you keep thousands of people waiting in a venue with an open bar and nothing to keep them entertained. It's like going to a Halloween party in Harlem dressed as a Grand Wizard of the KKK and complaining that you woke up in the gutter covered in bruises with all your teeth missing! Actions have consequences and if you antagonize people you can't be surprised when some respond badly!

DUDE EXACTLY! I agree with Every. Fucking. Word.

Not exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right. No ifs, ands or buts about that.

Ali

Really? So how many wrongs is Axl allowed exactly before you stop grabbing your ankles and decide to actually call him on it? You seriously come across like a battered wife who refuses to press charges and always makes excuses no matter how many black eyes and nights in the ER she has to put up with cos it's "like not really his fault he just can't help himself but he's a good person he really is!" :rolleyes: Sorry but you're either deliberately misunderstanding the point or you're just doing your usual defend anything Axl does at all costs thing. You'll note I said nothing about right and wrong in fact I even went as far as to say there's no justification for throwing things in an earlier post that I even quoted again and will do once more just for your benefit.

The major issue with this kinda shit is that had people carried on throwing shit Axl really would've cancelled the show. There's no excuse for anybody to throw shit at any act that isn't Nickleback but he goes on late knowing that this kinda shit will happen because of it and then will end the show because of it, ruining things for 99% of the audience. Again there's no excuse but Axl, if you're going to deliberately piss off your fans you really can't act like such a pussy when some dickhead does something stupid it's not fair on the other few thousand people who patiently waited that extra three hours.

The point that you so deliberately fail to acknowledge is that there IS a link between Axl screwing over the fans and the fans getting upset. Fans get upset and a minority of idiots do stupid things. It's not an issue of right and wrong it's just the way it is. So you're either saying that Axl's not bright enough to realise the connection or he just doesn't care. If the latter's the case then he can't complain when shit like this happens as he knows his behaviour was in some way a cause of it in the first place. We're talking about a 3 hour delay here! To put that in perspective that means that the people who made the effort to get there early and force their way to the front during the opening acts then had probably another 3 and a half to 4 hours to wait after the final support act until the opening notes of CD rung out across the arena.

What about those who after being crushed at the front for 3 hours couldn't hold it any longer and had to go to the bathroom thereby losing their place? What about the people who were starting to realise that the last buses and trains home had long since departed and they now had to start thinking about dropping a fortune on a cab or hotel room to avoid missing the show? What about the couple whose first proper night out in weeks has now being ruined cos they have to get back for the babysitter? How about your average working stiff for whom a cool one off night out on a school night is now going to turn into a 4am finish and make tomorrow in the office a nightmare? Or how about just the average fan who doesn't want to wait until well after the scheduled finish time for the show to even start and gets pissed after being kept waiting for hours while drinking one too many in the bar? I can go on and on with possible examples but if you can't see how any one of these scenarios is likely to contribute towards crowd unrest then you're just refusing to accept reality.

We all know that you would happily wait twice that long and would probably even enjoy it but you need to realise that you're a special case and to 99% of the other people in the audience and 99.9% of sane people in the rest of society this kinda shit just isn't cool!

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Dazey......Axl is an inconsiderate prick in terms of his running the band. He shows up late. Every five years he doesn't show up at all. He gets mad easily while on stage. He makes it tough to be a fan, with the lack of new music and diva antics.

But......we all have the choice to buy his albums or buy tickets to his shows. When buying a ticket, we know there is a chance of something bad happening. Nobody is forcing anybody to spend their money to support his career.

I agree with most of your points. Getting riled up about it isn't going to change Axl's mo. And I wish you guys wouldn't paint all Axl fans with the same brush. He is my favorite singer of all time, but I realize all the crap he pulls. I respect your opinion more than clowns like sunny, Bobbo and that ilk. You make a lot of sense....and I agree with a lot of it. Most Axl fans agree with you.

Dazey......Axl is an inconsiderate prick in terms of his running the band. He shows up late. Every five years he doesn't show up at all. He gets mad easily while on stage. He makes it tough to be a fan, with the lack of new music and diva antics.

But......we all have the choice to buy his albums or buy tickets to his shows. When buying a ticket, we know there is a chance of something bad happening. Nobody is forcing anybody to spend their money to support his career.

I agree with most of your points. Getting riled up about it isn't going to change Axl's mo. And I wish you guys wouldn't paint all Axl fans with the same brush. He is my favorite singer of all time, but I realize all the crap he pulls. I respect your opinion more than clowns like sunny, Bobbo and that ilk. You make a lot of sense....and I agree with a lot of it. Most Axl fans agree with you.

Dude I'm not including you in that group mostly I'm an Axl fan I really am I just think it does nobody any good including Axl to make excuses for him when he's clearly in the wrong. You'll note I don't start threads ever bashing him or the new band in fact you'll find I'm always complimentary about the new band. I think we all know that the yes men in the Axl camp have done nothing to help the situation and people like Ali are just an extension of that sycophantic little group. I tried to put my point across as clearly as possible to show that I'm talking about simple facts not following an agenda! I had most of my right shoulder inked with a GnR tattoo a couple of weeks back in the states which I never would've done if I wasn't a fan I just believe in credit where credit's due and I'd rather praise Axl for delivering a great song or kickass show than tell him he's great for keeping 15,000 people waiting for over 3 hours.

You're right in everything you say about us having a choice but my only point was he must realise that out of 15,000 people in the crowd you're going to get some idiots and once in a while one of those idiots is going to do something stupid if you keep him or her waiting for hours past the scheduled start time. Thing is if Axl realises that this is the case he has to take some level of responsibility when there are problems occasionally.

To put this in context I've always been sure to plan for a late night, book a hotel and take the next day off work when going to a GnR show but I can also appreciate that I'm probably in the minority in being aware of the extent of the late start issue. I think we kid ourselves that the majority of fans are as clued up about the band as we are on this forum sometimes and hence think people should know what to expect when in reality that simply isn't the case.

"If Axl would just shut up and sing, we totally reasonable and faultless fans wouldn't justifiably throw things at him. WE OWN HIM."

That's what this thread reads like to me.

Call me a 'nutter' if you want (can't find that word in any dictionary, though I admit I didn't try hard) but people are really quick to assume everything is this dude's fault, no matter what.

Anyone consider that maybe, just maybe, the people who said it was technical issues may have been telling the truth?

Frankly, it doesn't matter. Bands get shit thrown at them all the time, regardless of how late the show starts. Assholes will be assholes.

Anyone consider that maybe, just maybe, the people who said it was technical issues may have been telling the truth?

Yeah I think we considered that but with it happening pretty much every show for 25 years we kinda got a little sceptical after the first two decades. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think we considered that but with it happening pretty much every show for 25 years we kinda got a little sceptical after the first two decades. :rolleyes:

Nobody said anything about technical issues after any of these concerts he's been late for. Rio, people gave reasons - and the technical aspects of that were pretty obvious - but that was in response to a statement by the concert organizers.

My opinion? People wouldn't bother claiming it was a technical issue if it wasn't at least the cause of most of the tardiness.

"Assholes will be assholes."

Exactly.

Stop bashing Axl : he can't help it. :shrugs:

758727-3ce223ff27.gif

I don't think Axl ISN'T a jerk, he obviously tends to be rather often. That's pretty irrelevant, though.

My opinion? People wouldn't bother claiming it was a technical issue if it wasn't at least the cause of most of the tardiness.

Yeah of course they wouldn't! :rolleyes: It's just funny how this seems to happen nearly every show though isn't it? I mean for all we know they could be telling the truth but on past form I'd say it's unlikely! To be honest technical issues probably meant the oven needed fixing so Axl had to order out for his pre show Lamb Dinner. :rolleyes:

Yeah of course they wouldn't! :rolleyes: It's just funny how this seems to happen nearly every show though isn't it? I mean for all we know they could be telling the truth but on past form I'd say it's unlikely! To be honest technical issues probably meant the oven needed fixing so Axl had to order out for his pre show Lamb Dinner. :rolleyes:

You could read better if you stopped rolling your eyes.

It's not happening nearly every show - this is the only show that someone has proactively defended the band by stating technical issues as cause for a delay.

It's not happening nearly every show - this is the only show that someone has proactively defended the band by stating technical issues as cause for a delay.

The lateness does happen nearly every show and there's been many times in the past where reasons such as this have been given but it's funny how this seems to happen to Axl so frequently isn't it? Two shows delayed by over two hours in just a few weeks? For the record I probably buy the excuse for Rio but what's stopping Axl coming out on stage after an hour or so and telling the people what the problem is? Personally once it gets to the two hour mark I think that's the least he can do.

The lateness does happen nearly every show and there's been many times in the past where reasons such as this have been given but it's funny how this seems to happen to Axl so frequently isn't it? Two shows delayed by over two hours in just a few weeks? For the record I probably buy the excuse for Rio but what's stopping Axl coming out on stage after an hour or so and telling the people what the problem is? Personally once it gets to the two hour mark I think that's the least he can do.

I have no answer for that, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a technical issue.

Also, it definitely doesn't give people the right to throw things.

People treat concerts like it's customer service, which it's not.

It doesn't mean it wasn't a technical issue this is true but people would be more likely to believe it were it not for Axl's track record. It also doesn't give people a right to throw things but coupled with said track record and an additional three hour wait Axl can't claim to be surprised when people do. As far as customer service is concerned I get your point and I'm happy to give any artist the benefit of the doubt on occasion but even since Rio this is somthing like the fourth or fifth late start is it not? I think that after a certain point people just stop accepting the excuses. In a nutshell it's not so much the late starts that bother me but simply the holier than thou attitude of Axl when things happen as a result of it that he knows full well he's encouraging. If you want to take the stage whenever you feel like it it's fine by me cos I've booked my hotel and I'm happy to sit in the bar until the show starts but know that some people are going to get upset by it and take the consequences like a man.

It doesn't mean it wasn't a technical issue this is true but people would be more likely to believe it were it not for Axl's track record. It also doesn't give people a right to throw things but coupled with said track record and an additional three hour wait Axl can't claim to be surprised when people do. As far as customer service is concerned I get your point and I'm happy to give any artist the benefit of the doubt on occasion but even since Rio this is somthing like the fourth or fifth late start is it not? I think that after a certain point people just stop accepting the excuses.

The forum members are the ones not accepting the excuses, the fans in attendance simply acted like dicks. I don't see anywhere that Axl acted surprised in any way... he stopped the show and told the crowd to knock it off, but then finished the entire show. Seems to me like he has come up with a successful way of dealing with that situation - there have been several other concerts where people the same thing happened. He tells them to knock it off, they stop throwing things, show goes on.

What's the problem?

Even if he insults them, they have it coming.

What shocks me is how many people expect bands to just accept this sort of thing. I remember last year when there was the big to-do about Axl stopping a show due to bottles being thrown, and people were all "musicians get shit thrown at them all the time, it's part of their job." Seriously?

As you've stated, going on stage late has gone on for years with GNR... so by now, people really ought to just expect it and move on. If you're a fan of GNR, you know about the issue and you make the decision whether or not to buy a ticket. People ALSO know that throwing shit at Axl means he's going to stop the show.

So... who's really to blame?

Well...

As much as I don't mind that Axl is late ( not saying I enjoyed it at the concert I've been to, it was hard, but well worth it in the end because the concert was fantastic ) I can see how other people would...

I mean if your ticket says that GnR shows up on October 24th and the band eventually shows up the next day there's hardly any excuse at all I'm afraid...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

The forum members are the ones not accepting the excuses, the fans in attendance simply acted like dicks. I don't see anywhere that Axl acted surprised in any way... he stopped the show and told the crowd to knock it off, but then finished the entire show. Seems to me like he has come up with a successful way of dealing with that situation - there have been several other concerts where people the same thing happened. He tells them to knock it off, they stop throwing things, show goes on.

What's the problem?

What shocks me is how many people expect bands to just accept this sort of thing. I remember last year when there was the big to-do about Axl stopping a show due to bottles being thrown, and people were all "musicians get shit thrown at them all the time, it's part of their job." Seriously?

As you've stated, going on stage late has gone on for years with GNR... so by now, people really ought to just expect it and move on. If you're a fan of GNR, you know about the issue and you make the decision whether or not to buy a ticket. People ALSO know that throwing shit at Axl means he's going to stop the show.

If he was on time I wouldn't hesitate to back him 100% even if he pulled the plug before the first note of Chinese Democracy was played. Axl's not stupid though so he needs to take responsibility for what can happen when you keep thousands of people waiting in a venue with an open bar and nothing to keep them entertained. It's like going to a Halloween party in Harlem dressed as a Grand Wizard of the KKK and complaining that you woke up in the gutter covered in bruises with all your teeth missing! Actions have consequences and if you antagonize people you can't be surprised when some respond badly!

I'm just going to start quoting myself in future as there's only so many times I can make the same point! <_< Seriously turn up on stage at a reasonable time, make an effort to put on a great show and nobody can have any complaints. In that scenario I would have no problem with the band walking off and the show being cancelled if people started throwing shit. Now let's sit and try to remember the last time that was the case at a GnR show shall we?

Well...

As much as I don't mind that Axl is late ( not saying I enjoyed it at the concert I've been to, it was hard, but well worth it in the end because the concert was fantastic ) I can see how other people would...

I mean if your ticket says that GnR shows up on October 24th and the band eventually shows up the next day there's hardly any excuse at all I'm afraid...

Fact is, we'll more than likely never know just what causes the delay. It's certainly something with Axl himself, but who knows what? Maybe he's crazy, maybe he's paranoid, maybe he's anxious... all I know is if I have to choose between him going on stage on time and him giving a killer show, I'll take the killer show.

So, here's the deal - you KNOW he's going on late. Like you said, he made you wait last time. Are you buying another ticket?

I am.

What's the problem?

I'm just going to start quoting myself in future as there's only so many times I can make the same point! <_<

I've read that post already, I don't need it reposted. It's faulty logic.

This is the same thing as "she was asking for it."

I know but you're talking to someone who checks GnR "news" on a daily basis, someone who travelled to see them, someone who is interested in the band members other than Axl, someone who REALLY cares about them.

It's not the case of everybody in the crowd. Some of them only bought their ticket to have a good time and listen to songs they used to like back in the day ( they probably don't expect the band to show up THAT late ) so that's why he should expect them to act the way they do, as stupid as it is, if the show starts on the following day. :shrugs:

I've read that post already, I don't need it reposted. It's faulty logic.

This is the same thing as "she was asking for it."

No it isn't and you know it as does anybody else capable of logical rational thought. Let me break it down for you very simply so please answer me the following questions?

1. Out of 15,000 people in a venue does EVERYBODY expect the show to possibly start 3 hours late?

2. Out of that group of people is it likely that some of the crowd are less than sensible?

3. Is is possible that some of the less fine and upstanding of the assembled throng are likely to get a little upset standing around for three hours past the scheduled start time?

4. Are the late starts likely to exacerbate any potential silliness within certain elements of the audience?

5. Is Axl aware that this could be an issue?