Loaded to open shows!

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point of a reunion but just wants the guys happy and supportive of their own projects? Eg Axl obviously on cool terms with Duff and mature enough to support his band through opening for new guns n roses?

Exactly. I hate those who constantly kiss Axl's ass and for whatever reason try to convince themselves that this new band is better than the old :rofl-lol: , but I also hate those who beg for reunion, it won't happen, NEVER. They just need to be cool with each other. The original members are gone forever and they're doing fuckin' great with their projects and Axl is trying to make this band more solid than it is now so thinking about reunion is really but REALLY pointless.

Edited by pi2loc

It's on! rock2

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/EntertainmentNews.aspx?Section=2&Id=1750279&SM=1

(RTTNews) - Duff McKagan has confirmed that his band Loaded will hit the road as the support act for a handful of Guns N' Roses' upcoming U.S. tour dates. That Metal Show's Eddie Trunk broke the news via Twitter earlier this week.

There is a possibility the writer has misunderstood things and believed that Duff had confirmed it to Trunk. I also find it strange that this could be set up in less than two weeks (because Axl just suggested the possibility during the Trunk interview, nothing was set up at that time). I would really like to see Duff confirm this.

Duff, why humiliate yourself??

Axl's ego clearly matches his waistline.

If Axl found the cure for cancer, you guys would say, "He can do that, but he can't release in album in a timely manner?" If Axl saved someone from a burning building, you guys would make a joke saying his weight probably slowed him down from saving the person faster.

I didnt read this whole thread, and this has probably been mentioned, but how weird would it be if Duff opened, but didnt come out and play with Guns? I mean opening for your old band with your new one, who ever heard of that? haha

I remember Zach Wylde would open for Ozzy, but then he would still come out and play with Ozzy. Not saying its not cool, just would seem awkward to me.

Psycho Motel (Adrian Smith band) opened for Maiden in 1997.

From Duff's perspective he probably feel like he has chosen a different path in life. He is now in a smaller, newer band and he has a huge potential fan base at a GN'R concert. There' nothing shameful, humiliating or wrong with that all.

Wise words! I think it will be great for everybody who attends the shows!!

Duff, why humiliate yourself??

Maybe in order to sell records?

That's how he chose to live his life, starting his solo band, so he has to play shows...

jesus, this is only music, why so much drama...

Edited by Laparka

I think Loaded opening would be huge due to the surprisingly young fan base that has been showing up to the GNR shows. That's great exposure to a potentially extremely loyal fan base. Loaded is my favorite project from the old band. I would be thrilled to see them open in Indy.

I think Loaded opening would be huge due to the surprisingly young fan base that has been showing up to the GNR shows. That's great exposure to a potentially extremely loyal fan base. Loaded is my favorite project from the old band. I would be thrilled to see them open in Indy.

A coherent post that actually makes sense? :rofl-lol:

Would be beneficial for both bands,and if they are.cool about it,why the irrational backlash from certain people here? :xmassrudolph: