That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the "late starts" segment, something came to mind about people lying, and the symptoms:

Unusual Body Language: Body movements and facial expressions are the best indicators of catching a lie. When a person is telling a lie his body language will slightly start changing. The person's body would soon get stiff because of the nervousness and his body movements will talk about his discomfort. There will be a change in his breathing pattern. Usually the breathing gets deeper and can get audible at times. There will be unusual and untimely postural shifts in his body. His actions will start looking defensive, with his shoulders pulled up and elbows more into sides.

Hand Movements: A person who is lying will have two types of hand movements. The first type is defensive in which palms are closed and fingers are tight. The second type is fidgety in which a person will fidget a lot with his hands while talking. He will be restless and will make too many hand movements that could be easily noticed.

Unusual Pauses: The speech of a liar will be full of unusual pauses. This happens because while a person is telling a lie he has to think of a story which he fakes as an answer to any given question. Thinking about a picture and making up a story takes time. Even an ace liar will take at least a few seconds to think of a story and tell a lie. So, watch out for unusual breaks in a liar's speech.

Slight Delay in Replying/Answering: The reason behind the slight delay in replying is same as that of unusual pauses. It also happens because a liar's sensory pattern slows down while telling a lie. On being asked a question about minute details, the person will tend to get defensive at first to avoid a delay in replying. He would then, take a little pause and continue telling a lie. One should be able to read between the lines, besides just observing the body language.

Now, the thing that I noticed the most was his hand movements whilst explaining everything. He also wasn't being direct about the reason why he starts late, he kind of talks around the situation and remains vague. If the whole interview is aired, and it is prooven that he only does this in specific parts in the interview such as this, I'm afraid he's lying (making up stuff).

this guy is an A grade cunt, for numerous reasons I wouldn't even have the time to explain. Fucking pathetic!

On the "late starts" segment, something came to mind about people lying, and the symptoms:

Unusual Body Language: Body movements and facial expressions are the best indicators of catching a lie. When a person is telling a lie his body language will slightly start changing. The person's body would soon get stiff because of the nervousness and his body movements will talk about his discomfort. There will be a change in his breathing pattern. Usually the breathing gets deeper and can get audible at times. There will be unusual and untimely postural shifts in his body. His actions will start looking defensive, with his shoulders pulled up and elbows more into sides.

Hand Movements: A person who is lying will have two types of hand movements. The first type is defensive in which palms are closed and fingers are tight. The second type is fidgety in which a person will fidget a lot with his hands while talking. He will be restless and will make too many hand movements that could be easily noticed.

Unusual Pauses: The speech of a liar will be full of unusual pauses. This happens because while a person is telling a lie he has to think of a story which he fakes as an answer to any given question. Thinking about a picture and making up a story takes time. Even an ace liar will take at least a few seconds to think of a story and tell a lie. So, watch out for unusual breaks in a liar's speech.

Slight Delay in Replying/Answering: The reason behind the slight delay in replying is same as that of unusual pauses. It also happens because a liar's sensory pattern slows down while telling a lie. On being asked a question about minute details, the person will tend to get defensive at first to avoid a delay in replying. He would then, take a little pause and continue telling a lie. One should be able to read between the lines, besides just observing the body language.

Now, the thing that I noticed the most was his hand movements whilst explaining everything. He also wasn't being direct about the reason why he starts late, he kind of talks around the situation and remains vague. If the whole interview is aired, and it is prooven that he only does this in specific parts in the interview such as this, I'm afraid he's lying (making up stuff).

I thought the same thing...his hand movements and stuff were really noticeable during that part of the interview. He also never really directly answered the question (I never really expected a clean cut answer of "this is why I'm late..." anyway) and made it more about why he was late on-stage in 1991 more than anything else. That still doesn't explain the other years of going on late. I did laugh at the end when he started talking about him always being late even as a kid hahaha.

BTW, I wish he would've ditched the shades for the interview. And every time he moves his hands it sounds like a cash register opening with his bracelets clanking together lol.

the guy gives an interview in a decade and u focus on his hand movements...that's the way he's always spoken...u want to know what he's saying and when he doesnt say exactly what u want to hear he's lying...so to me personally, ur no different than the TMZ reporters who after seeing the band live at the Rose Bar wrote about Axl sweating and not the concert.... but i get it in a way...sometimes the reality in ur head is more exciting than what's before ur eyes...it's just sad that that's sort of become the unofficial credo for Guns N' Roses vs. the public

Jesus, guy, RELAX. I never said he's lying, I said that his answer was pretty much what you could expect. He wasn't literally going to sit there and give a list of reasons why he's late onstage - I never expected him to. I go out of my way to defend Axl and the band all the time, so don't make it sound like I'm just somebody who looks to bash the guy over every single thing he does. I still said the interview was great and I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced. Seriously, it's like if you say one thing that could be construed as negative towards Axl or the band you're gonna get your f'n head taken off by some people here.

And BTW...when you're giving your first interview in a decade, like you said, people are going to focus on everything. You're forgetting that for new fans of Guns (by "new" I mean teenagers/young adults who have only recently discovered old GN'R records within the last several years) this probably IS one of the first interviews they're seeing of Axl.

I would trade everything I own for his voice!

Joking aside, I am super stoked for this interview. I don't expect to get any sort of new information, but it will be nice to just get a nice sit-down interview.

The only thing I am curious about is why DJ is there, and no one else?

The interview was done at 5.30am, DJ keeps bat hours too!

I would trade everything I own for his voice!

Joking aside, I am super stoked for this interview. I don't expect to get any sort of new information, but it will be nice to just get a nice sit-down interview.

The only thing I am curious about is why DJ is there, and no one else?

The interview was done at 5.30am, DJ keeps bat hours too!

haha, I mean it's pretty fitting that Monster energy is the official sponsor...I used to drink those...and then when I stopped I felt like I was getting off drugs...it was like a bad LSD trip...couldnt sleep couldnt do shit...DJ probably downs like a ton of those per day...and then does a fucking show...and then drinks some more of those...which is just beyond me...my guess is that it's conditioning...cuz if u were to do that just out of the blue I bet you can get a heart attack

Hahaha! I love the whole irony about the late question after keeping that fat cunt waiting until 5:30am. Axl: "we're getting better!" Of course you are.

"So why are you late on stage?"

"It's Slash's fault"

:blink::laugh:

Just say the last part where you're always late for stuff, that would get you more credit than trying to blame everyone else for shit.

"I'm always late, always have been, sorry but that's just how I am".

Done.

Still great to see him on screen again getting interviewed it's just a shame he needs his hat and shades to hide behind, it would be cool to see him properly. It never looks honest with shades on.

Hahaha! I love the whole irony about the late question after keeping that fat cunt waiting until 5:30am. Axl: "we're getting better!" Of course you are.

"It's Slash's fault"

Just say the last part where you're always late for stuff, that would get you more credit than trying to blame everyone else for shit.

Done.

Still great to see him on screen again getting interviewed it's just a shame he needs his hat and shades to hide behind, it would be cool to see him properly. It never looks honest with shades on.

Yeah it's like a poker face thing. Oh well, I'm glad he did the interview and I can't wait to check it out! :)

"It's Slash's fault"

Done.

Yeah it's like a poker face thing. Oh well, I'm glad he did the interview and I can't wait to check it out! :)

Agree and it's not surprising he was going to be guarded after such a long time away from the cameras.

I don't think we're gonna hear anything new from Axl. He has his answers for the questions people have asked him for years and who he is blaming and he's sticking with 'em.

CD: Record company's fault.

No Pormotion: Record Company's failt

Lateness: remarkably still blaming slash

Reunion: No

New Material: We're writing all the time and have some already complete, we're working on getting the right material together to do an album and we will promote it this time

Have I missed any 'burning' question?

He clearly didn't answer the question as regards the late starts.

"Everybody makes mistakes"...

Sure.

When I saw them, it took the crew twenty minutes to set the stage. After that, you could see Bumble waiting on the side of the stage, guitar in hand and riiiiight on the other side of the stage, Axl in his room, peeping through the curtain every five minutes and getting anxious at the crowd getting angry. No one else was doing anything on that stage. The show was ready to go and for some reason it wouldn't.

I mean, if he needs that time to get in the right state of mind to give it his best : so be it, it's well worth it. But the "everybody makes mistakes and gets ADD" answer is, imo, plain bullshit. GnR has one of the finest crew and touring band in the world. They have been doing this for a decade. They are professionals. They usually arrive at the venue twenty hours before the show. They DON'T get ADD one hour before the show, Axl...

He clearly didn't answer the question as regards the late starts.

"Everybody makes mistakes"...

Sure.

When I saw them, it took the crew twenty minutes to set the stage. After that, you could see Bumble waiting on the side of the stage, guitar in hand and riiiiight on the other side of the stage, Axl in his room, peeping through the curtain every five minutes and getting anxious at the crowd getting angry. No one else was doing anything on that stage. The show was ready to go and for some reason it wouldn't.

I mean, if he needs that time to get in the right state of mind to give it his best : so be it, it's well worth it. But the "everybody makes mistakes and gets ADD" answer is, imo, plain bullshit. GnR has one of the finest crew and touring band in the world. They have been doing this for a decade. They are professionals. They usually arrive at the venue twenty hours before the show. They DON'T get ADD one hour before the show, Axl...

Yeah all true. I dunno why the question is asked though, he's not the kind of guy to take responsibility for his actions, or more accurately, admit a weakness or shortcoming, so it's better to talk to him about soemthing he can be honest about.

I doubt we'll ever see the day when Axl just comes out and says "I get nervous and get terrible stage fright and it takes me time to get the courage to go onstage". If he said that he would get a million times more empathy and understanding from the world, not to mention moisten the knickers of his female (and some male) fans. Instead he chooses to talk shit and blame others. Poor guy.

You've gotta love Axl for who he is but you can't help but feel with a few minor changes he could do himself a ton of good.

You've gotta love Axl for who he is but you can't help but feel with a few minor changes he could do himself a ton of good.

Totally. He's my favorite singer in the world and no one comes close. But when it comes to putting out new music, I just keep wondering why other bands can do it but not GNR. The promises of new material, statements from the guy(s) like "we're writing every day" and "we (or 'I' is used) hope to put out a new album" gets old after so many years. Play a new song on this tour at least. It's cool that they're out and touring but CD is 3 years old now and even some songs off that have been played live for 10 years already. Give your fans something new. I dunno. I love this band it's just really frustrating sometimes :/

Edited by Chris 55

Can't people just enjoy the fact that a did his first tv interview in years without nitpicking every sentence of it to death?

It doesn't matter on the band or the singer or how active or inactive they are; fans will always listen intently to what their favourite artists say and discuss it.

If you agreed with what was being said by the "nitpickers" I'm sure your opinion would be different.

You won't change how the world behaves so I'd get used to this.

A lot of you morons on this forum and other forums are fucking ruining it for not just yourselves but others. You're not special by posting your opinions or what you think is educated and or insider information. You have the same privileges as everybody else on here, and for even thinking you're of higher intellect and have the balls to post shit bashing the premise of this interview you should honestly be banned. Nobody owes you not one god damn thing and if you're going to bitch and whine and nitpick, you can get the fuck out.

I'm grateful we're getting an interview at all.

This is just a human being we're talking about, one that happens to entertain people.

If I happen to recognise something iffy about something I see, why can't I take the liberty to discuss my views with people on something that's called a discussion forum?

Also if you read carefully or analyzed what I posted, then you'll notice I was talking about only that specific segment. If he were to use his expressions in exact the same way through the whole interview, then it's not down to lying and it could in fact be nervousness.

But one thing is for sure, you've got to agree on is that he's very vague about the situation. He says it's like sports, getting in the game situation, but sports players have to stick to times as well.

By the way, with a username with "god" in the name, you really seem to portray the figure casting one to heaven or hell. You're the one that needs to get over himself.

Edited by The Black

This is just a human being we're talking about, one that happens to entertain people.

If I happen to recognise something iffy about something I see, why can't I take the liberty to discuss my views with people on something that's called a discussion forum?

Also if you read carefully or analyzed what I posted, then you'll notice I was talking about only that specific segment. If he were to use his expressions in exact the same way through the whole interview, then it's not down to lying and it could in fact be nervousness.

But one thing is for sure, you've got to agree on is that he's very vague about the situation. He says it's like sports, getting in the game situation, but sports players have to stick to times as well.

By the way, with a username with "god" in the name, you really seem to portray the figure casting one to heaven or hell. You're the one that needs to get over himself.

You read too much into everything as well. I'd hate to meet some of you people in real life. You come off as the type who stands in the room, watching everyone have fun, and just pick every single flaw that everyone posseses. Having "god" in my username doesn't mean shit. It's an exaggeration, calling Axl Rose god, and nothing more.

Edited by Axl Rose aka God

To be fair, I have very little interest in him answering questions about his lateness, Slash and stuff that makes him very uncomfortable.

I'd rather hear about his next move, the plan if there's one, a new album...but that probably makes him very uncomfy too unfortunately.

You read too much into everything as well. I'd hate to meet some of you people in real life. You come off as the type who stands in the room, watching everyone have fun, and just pick every single flaw that everyone posseses. Having "god" in my username doesn't mean shit. It's an exaggeration, calling Axl Rose god, and nothing more.

Fair enough about your username, but who is the one labeling other forum members as "morons" and that they should be banned?

In a written post that can be perceived in any way, I come off as a person who stands in the room, watching everyone have fun, and just pick every single flaw that everyone posseses? I hope you didn't have to study anything to come to that conclusion, otherwise it was a grand waste of time I can assure you.

To be fair, I have very little interest in him answering questions about his lateness, Slash and stuff that makes him very uncomfortable.

I'd rather hear about his next move, the plan if there's one, a new album...but that probably makes him very uncomfy too unfortunately.

+1.

You know he's gonna have an excuse every time for being late. It's not like he's gonna say "I don't give a fuck" or anything... People should ask him stuff he doesn't have to avoid talking about. Stuff that makes a difference. New album, band promotion, if they're ever gonna have a band picture with this line-up, update the website, release stuff, etc... if he'd go to RnRHoF, etc...

Fair enough about your username, but who is the one labeling other forum members as "morons" and that they should be banned?

In a written post that can be perceived in any way, I come off as a person who stands in the room, watching everyone have fun, and just pick every single flaw that everyone posseses? I hope you didn't have to study anything to come to that conclusion, otherwise it was a grand waste of time I can assure you.

You see though, that's just it. I'm making assumptions about you in the same sense that everyone is making assumptions about Axl Rose. We don't know him personally nor do we know how he see things. I don't know you personally, nor does anyone else I'm assuming. We're all just people on a message board talking about a band we presumably love. I understand we like to debate our opinions but do we have to go out of our way to bash Axl? No way. I think we should just appreciate the positives in life in a world that's much too dark...

You see though, that's just it. I'm making assumptions about you in the same sense that everyone is making assumptions about Axl Rose. We don't know him personally nor do we know how he see things. I don't know you personally, nor does anyone else I'm assuming. We're all just people on a message board talking about a band we presumably love. I understand we like to debate our opinions but do we have to go out of our way to bash Axl? No way. I think we should just appreciate the positives in life in a world that's much too dark...

I'll drink to that! I'm not set out to bash anyone, just voice an opinion.

The reason I registered here was out of love for the music, that will never change.

Sigh, I posted this last week and I'll post it again here.

Axl:

I've been an after midnight type since I was sneakin' out of my house in Jr. High. With old Guns we preferred 12am or so. When we moved to theaters etc obviously that changes but it's never changed inside me. Doesn't matter what I do so generally that's when I'm more myself. This isn't to mess with anyone that has an early schedule to keep it's just personal preference.

And in regard to the size venues I'm on record as preferring what ever venues allow for our schedule but management and promoters can do a lot in their own interests behind the scenes that can rarely be avoided and their greed or whatever leads to a lot of double talk and ugly behind nonsense that generally eventually ruins things for everyone. Translated once a tour is scheduled however it's like parting the seas to change.

As far as being late, I've been that way my whole life. It drove Izzy crazy but he would check himself and freely admit I was generally actually doing something that had to get done rather than watching basketball etc.