Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

AFD 1999

Right, because it's Slash, and Axl sharing the same headline.

Now how many people will care when it's names in the press like "Robin Finck", or "Richard Fortus"?

Slash wasn't in the RIR headlines, and that story got the most attention. Not that it matters. Slash and Axl would be sharing the same headline over AFD99.

Fuck man they really need to re-record this album. (take out the shitty fadeout in nightrain..the band would just rape nightrain in the studio!!!)

Add that shit as a bonus disc with CD II!

You still remember my awesome idea? I think the only thing I hated about AFD was that fade out in Nightrain. Slash was on fire and they cut his solo short...I mean the majorit of GN'R songs end when the band stops playing so why Nightrain? I know a lot of bands end up recording entire albums worth of music for songs and just edit together the best parts but Nightrain needed an ending. If a guitarist can play that solo spectacularly like Buckethead and Bumblefoot did they deserved to play for the band.

A bit off topic, but I have a friend that "hates" GN'R, yet he always feels the need to say GN'R isn't GN'R without Slash. I don't understand this mentality. He doesn't care about the band and hates AFD, yet he always says it's not GN'R without Slash.

A bit off topic, but I have a friend that "hates" GN'R, yet he always feels the need to say GN'R isn't GN'R without Slash. I don't understand this mentality. He doesn't care about the band and hates AFD, yet he always says it's not GN'R without Slash.

Might be going out a limb here, but it seems your friend has no opinion of his own and seems to be following the mob mentality. Do we have the same friend btw?

Doesn't sound like much of a friend to me.

:vomit:

He's the only friend I have who listens to rock music.

What else is he into? Not going to dis his taste, just curious.

He's the only friend I have who listens to rock music.

What else is he into? Not going to dis his taste, just curious.

Dio, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, more metal bands that rock bands. But he's so picky. He thinks Mastodon is too hardcore. O_o Mastodon's probably one of the more melodic new metal bands. Oh, and I got him obsessed with Blackmore's Night.

He's right.

But Axl's still a legend.

Weird I was just about to post about Deep Purple.

I still can't see why he hates GN'R yet say that about Slash. Maybe he thinks Slash is more fitting for such a band. But I see GN'R like DP. Both bands had lineup changes that people argue about. They may have replaced their guitarists with more skilled guitarists but many prefer the old stuff.

I don't understand why people have so much anger or annoyance about things like this. If you only want the original and have no interest in a remake.....then you simply can choose NOT to listen to it. You can just keep listening to the original for the rest of your life!!!!! A remake shouldn't effect you at all. So why would u even care?

Those of us who are open-minded and not stuck in 1987, can then choose to listen to another group of musicians perform. A remake doesn't effect the original. I love remakes and tribute albums and acoustic performances. If a song is awesome, why wouldn't you want to hear multiple takes on it?

And in the end, you can choose to listen to whatever versions u like best. People need to broaden their horizons a bit and not be so close-minded.

All of a matter of opinion my friend. I hated Finck and thought he butchered the Appetite solos, so I can say from Big Daddy it would be a mistake.

Touring is one thing. But putting out an album in that manner to make a profit would be a huge disrespect to the legacy that built it. To me it would be ten steps back. You might not care about things like that. But most would. The backlash Axl would get from fans and the media would be unbearable.

Again, I think the Nu band should just concentrate on making their OWN masterpiece, stop riding on the success of the old band, and move forward. :thumbsup:

you kids and your legacy concern.

Shame that you guys are more concerned with labeling a band and legacys than you are about the music.

Course, nothing a band does in 2011 would change my feelings toward the work the band did in 1987. GnR music means too much to me. Nothing will ever change Appetite for me......bummer the music isn't strong enough to last forever for you.

Shame how sheltered and close minded some of you are about music. I would use a little thumbs up icon here.....but I'm not a 14 year old girl.

No it wouldn't change how I feel about the music. But it is important in some aspects. For the nu band to milk the success of the old band would make them appear as a joke. That they can't stand on their own without continue relying on the success of the old band. Frankly, I rather them move forward and show they can produce their own masterpiece instead of fixing what isn't broken :shrugs: .

Obviously all fans want new music. And would rather the band recorded new material. Nobody is arguing that. Not sure why the normal bashers are turning this into a new album vs remake album issue.

We all want a new album. First and foremost.

But if Axl and company want to release a remake of old albums or songs......I would buy it. And if u guys hate the idea or are too worried about it ruining your perceived legacy or your enjoyment of the originals, I suggest u not purchase or listen to the new versions. Pretty simple.

And that's your perception of things. Mine is, it would affect the reputation of GNR in a negative light. It would flop, and be bashed, by critics and fans alike. Look at all the bands that have done it before, and I bet you they would suggest doing otherwise now. Obviously, it would affect you to some degree since most of you throw hissys when the media and fans are even remotely critical of GNR. This wouldn't help, at all. All I'm saying is the band should focus on moving things forward, and just leave the old material where it belongs. Cemented forever in the history of rock n roll. Let's see if the nu band can do the same.

BTW, way to contradict yourself again with "the 14 year old girl comment" that I didn't notice before. Stop preaching what you can't practice as you're obviously incapable of civil discussion. Continue that in a PM if you have a problem with how I post. I'm not having this pissing contest with you yet again.

I do apologize, that was rude.

Sorry to any 14 year old girls on this forum.

Might be going out a limb here, but it seems your friend has no opinion of his own and seems to be following the mob mentality. Do we have the same friend btw?

Exactly. Guns 'N' Roses isn't the same without Stephanie Seymour Hip-Hop Piano Ballads.

When he presented ChD to Iovine and he said there were only a few good songs on there, bam! Another delay.

That was Bob Ezrin, not Iovine. Just clarifying.

When he presented ChD to Iovine and he said there were only a few good songs on there, bam! Another delay.

That was Bob Ezrin, not Iovine. Just clarifying.

My bad. Thanks for the fix. :)

My friend indeed is a Deep Purple fan, by the way.

Deep Purple rules. Made in Japan is one of the greatest live albums of all time...the fact Child In Time was done was unbelievable.

Deep Purple rules. Made in Japan is one of the greatest live albums of all time...the fact Child In Time was done was unbelievable.

Indeed. It's also my favorite version of Child in Time and one of my favorite live albums (behind Strangers in the Night, of course).

Is that you Eddie Trunk? kidding. Had to say that because he is always talking about UFO and Strangers in the Night.

Anyway I stick by the mob mentality theory. When people think of GN'R one of the first things they think of is a dude with lots of hair, top hat and a cig playing Welcome to the Jungle.

Source: My ass.

I saw this girl at this store, she was wearing a GN'R shirt, I asked her what she thought of CD, she didn't even know what I was talking about. I told her it was a GN'R album and she goes "Oh...I don't know any of their albums, just their songs". I wanted to rip that shirt off her telling her she doesn't deserve to wear such a shirt.

I saw this girl at this store, she was wearing a GN'R shirt, I asked her what she thought of CD, she didn't even know what I was talking about. I told her it was a GN'R album and she goes "Oh...I don't know any of their albums, just their songs". I wanted to rip that shirt off her telling her she doesn't deserve to wear such a shirt.

I want to rip the shirts off of a lot of females.

Besides the risk of being pressed charges for assault, I decided not to do it because she didn't have much to show.

Besides the risk of being pressed charges for assault, I decided not to do it because she didn't have much to show.

That sucks. Doesn't she know that she needs implants to get away with being stupid?

I don't have a Guns N' Roses shirt. I always feel hatred when I see people wearing them.

She could have used a little make up and a hair stylist too.

Whenever I see someone wearing a band tee I question their knowledge of the band.