Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

AFD 1999

Groghan you and Bobbo argue in soo many threads. It takes two to tango, doesn't matter who is "right" because I can tell you that you guys will most likely never see eye-to-eye here, so these arguents really do just fill up space. Why not just PM each other? That way you guys can dish it out without having to do it in every single topic

Yet you still read it and take the time to comment.

If my posts put you to sleep, then don't read them. Pretty simple.

on the other hand,

one doesn't post for people to not read them,

and you know who it is that you are posting for.

I know Groghan has been around since the internet was invented, but does he know anything about cupcakes?

Groghan is the man

I respect the man, but cupcakes are not to be dealt with. They are to be ignored.

Groghan makes awesome points but he needs to chill out a bit more.

Kill Devil Hill. I'm a Bruce Dickinson song, not a U2 song. ;)

Yes, I used the fuck you smiley, because you're generalizing an entire generation. And you're STILL doing it.

Did I brag? No. I said why I found your comment offensive.

Please stop generalizing an entire population. I go on Internet forums. I don't IM, go on Facebook, or play Guitar Hero. Your generalization fails.

One in every ten people in my school is in band (or so my teacher says), and that doesn't count the people that play instruments that aren't in band.

Just because you play Guitar Hero doesn't mean you don't play a real instrument.

Funny. You tell me to stop generalizing your generation based on what you do.......but then use your school as an example of your entire generation. Hhmm.

But I do hope your entire generation wouldn't respond by saying "fuck you" to somebody they disagree with. Maybe its because of your age, but if truly do believe in making the world a more friendly place......have an intelligent discussion with somebody you disagree with, rather than immediately resorting to the aggressive fuck you stage. What's next? You're gonna quote some lyrics about peace and love....and then threaten to punch me?

Everyone should kiss and make up. Groghan and Bobbo should get out their measuring tapes and settle their shit like men.

Yeah, I usually agree with Groghan, but I hate seeing generalizations. I know I generalize people, too, and it's human nature, but that was a MASSIVE generalization, in my opinion. That people my age think music started with Nickelback and Panic! At the Disco? I'm on a Guns N' Roses forum FFS.

And I hate watching Groghan and Bobbo duke it out, truly I do. GN'R fans should be a dysfunctional family. :heart:

Funny. You tell me to stop generalizing your generation based on what you do.......but then use your school as an example of your entire generation. Hhmm.

But I do hope your entire generation wouldn't respond by saying "fuck you" to somebody they disagree with. Maybe its because of your age, but if truly do believe in making the world a more friendly place......have an intelligent discussion with somebody you disagree with, rather than immediately resorting to the aggressive fuck you stage. What's next? You're gonna quote some lyrics about peace and love....and then threaten to punch me?

My point about that was not everybody plays Guitar Hero, and a lot of people that play Guitar Hero also play an instrument. I thought that was obvious.

It's a SMILEY, a smiley I found fitting for the situation. I didn't think you'd take it so personally because it's a smiley used on here quite often, by people older than me. I apologize if I hurt your feelings for using the fuck you smiley, but the fuck you smiley wasn't my point AT ALL. I was trying to show you not to generalize an entire population because there are MANY people that don't fit in with your generalization.

What's funny is that in real life, I don't swear at all, but on this forum, I'm a sailor. :P

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

Bobbo vs Groghan is the new axl8302 vs SunnyDRE/SONOFABITCH/Star

Now back on topic.

Again, like I said before.

All of us want and crave new music. Music created by the current band.

But if Axl wanted to release a re-done version of Appetite by the current band, I would purchase it. Just to hear their take on the classic songs. It would NOT take away, in any shape or form, from the greatness of the original band and from the original Appetite. It would just be more music for fans to listen to. And the fans who can't get past the Slash departure, don't worry about the remake. Because you do NOT have to listen to it!!!! You can continue listening to the original. Everybody wins.

I would pay $50 for a box set.

All the unreleased CD songs.

The Appetite Remake.

DVD Concert footage.

Three new songs from the current band.

Give us that to tied us over for the next year while the band goes and writes/records the next album.

Yeah, I usually agree with Groghan, but I hate seeing generalizations. I know I generalize people, too, and it's human nature, but that was a MASSIVE generalization, in my opinion. That people my age think music started with Nickelback and Panic! At the Disco? I'm on a Guns N' Roses forum FFS.

And I hate watching Groghan and Bobbo duke it out, truly I do. GN'R fans should be a dysfunctional family. :heart:

Its us against the world! I like Groghan and I do whatever I can to avoid an argument with him and anyone on this forum. Its just not worth it. It can go on for weeks, months and never get resolved. Best to agree to disagree.

Everyone should kiss and make up. Groghan and Bobbo should get out their measuring tapes and settle their shit like men.

I will start.

9.5 inches

And I apologize Kill Devil Hill. I will try not to generalize generations as much. You are a pretty solid poster.

Bobbo vs Groghan is the new axl8302 vs SunnyDRE/SONOFABITCH/Star

Lol even though Bobbo and Groghan do argue waayy too much I personally think that both of them are a hell of a lot more rational than that axl8302 dude was when he was here :P

I will start.

9.5 inches

And I apologize Kill Devil Hill. I will try not to generalize generations as much. You are a pretty solid poster.

Thanks. I hope this is the last smackdown I have with people generalizing age groups. Twice or three times is really too many on a forum with so many adults. [This is my first time with you, but I've had a few with another user.]

Off-topic, but I convinced nine people at my school to go buy GN'R tickets, so GN'R still attracts some young people apparently. :thumbsup:

Also note that this thread is more or less about a hypothetical situation. I wasn't bashing the band, as there are currently no plans for this particular event to actually happen.

I was giving my two cents, as I thought IF this happens (which it more than likely won't), there would probably be major backlash. Which I don't want. Which is why I don't want it to happen.

Both of you realize that you can add each other to the ignore list right? Honestly, it's not that hard. Unless of course, you get personal thrills out of bitching at each other every day. In that case, carry on.

I will start.

9.5 inches

Thanks. I hope this is the last smackdown I have with people generalizing age groups. Twice or three times is really too many on a forum with so many adults. [This is my first time with you, but I've had a few with another user.]

Off-topic, but I convinced nine people at my school to go buy GN'R tickets, so GN'R still attracts some young people apparently. :thumbsup:

Damn, how did you convince them?

And Groghan, keep that thing away from lamps.

Speaking of generalizing age groups...babies sure like to fucking cry a lot. Trying to turn my daughter into a GN'R fan.

Edited by BirdCatcher

For the record, since my school has 2500+ people and, according to my stats teacher, you need 1500+ people to give proper statistics, I use my school as a microcosm of my generation. Obviously it's not gonna be exact, but I think it's relatively more accurate than just guessing based off of nothing, you know? That's just my viewpoint, though. :thumbsup:

@Birdcatcher: Well, one guy, as it turned out, was a huge GN'R fan and had no idea about the concert. I was thrilled to find him, so I gave him all the information and offered a ride. The others are people in my section. I've been blasting GN'R to them randomly all semester, and I've been brainwashing them with Tokyo '92 and random bootlegs like the YCBM in London with Duff. Then I told them about the concert and that it was $25 dollars if you get the tickets at the venue. Sold 'em!

When I cried when I was little, my mom used to play Don't Cry and November Rain, and it would make me stop crying. She'd also play SCOM and Rocket Queen. :P Try that.

For the record, since my school has 2500+ people and, according to my stats teacher, you need 1500+ people to give proper statistics, I use my school as a microcosm of my generation. Obviously it's not gonna be exact, but I think it's relatively more accurate than just guessing based off of nothing, you know? That's just my viewpoint, though. :thumbsup:

What's the demographics of your school? Is it urban? Inner-city, small town....school of rock?

I will start.

9.5 inches

Cool! My younger brother took 5-6 friends to GnR day at RiR conniving them to see GnR live, they all enjoyed it! I know one of them is a huge fan now!

What's the demographics of your school? Is it urban? Inner-city, small town....school of rock?

A city that's a touch on the suburban side, but a good portion of them don't even live in the city the school is in. Some are from a big city nearby, some are from the small town down below, etc. I'm always surprised when I go to one of my friends' house and it's forty minutes away. That huge GN'R fan I was talking about? He lives in a big city two hours up north.

When I was in junior high, Panic indeed was popular (but I think just for that one song, "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies"), but a lot of people hated Panic for being so popular at the same time. A bit like how Justin Bieber is getting marginalized even as we speak.

And of course the unnecessary shit Rebecca Black gets when those same people are listening to songs that are just like hers.

[Edit] Whoops, didn't really answer your question. Panic has been dead at my school since seventh grade ended. A few bands have stood the test of time. People still care about Evanescence and Green Day and Train.

When I was in high school everyone was into HIM, AFI, Good Charlotte, Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy and I think Panic! was on the rise. Velvet Revolver had a good run but they quickly faded.

Finding someone that shares my taste in music is like finding a needle in a haystack.

All my friends are mostly into Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Nicky Minaj, Drake, and whoever the fuck else is popular right now. Lol.

And the few that do like rock bands are into that whole cock rock Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman shit.

Very few are into the same genres I am, and even fewer are heavily into gnr. It's sad how rock music is second rate these days.

Every single one of my friends is manically into a different genre of music. My best friend has an obsession with ska music, for instance. I actually love this. I always find new music through my friends. Unfortunately, I'm more welcoming than they are. They send me music, and I'll listen to it. I send them music, and they'll ignore it.

Still, when there's variety, I think it's a good thing.

But see, I think that's why some teenagers go on Internet forums. Because they can't have these discussions in real life. In real life, no one gives a shit about these posts.