Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

AFD 1999

Finding someone that shares my taste in music is like finding a needle in a haystack.

All my friends are mostly into Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Nicky Minaj, Drake, and whoever the fuck else is popular right now. Lol.

And the few that do like rock bands are into that whole cock rock Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman shit.

Very few are into the same genres I am, and even fewer are heavily into gnr. It's sad how rock music is second rate these days.

Every single one of my friends is manically into a different genre of music. My best friend has an obsession with ska music, for instance. I actually love this. I always find new music through my friends. Unfortunately, I'm more welcoming than they are. They send me music, and I'll listen to it. I send them music, and they'll ignore it.

Still, when there's variety, I think it's a good thing.

But see, I think that's why some teenagers go on Internet forums. Because they can't have these discussions in real life. In real life, no one gives a shit about these posts.

Weird because my friends are like that too...I play them music and they hate everything I am into when I can tolerate their music. I draw the line when it is my stereo, home, car and they have to suffer. My friend won't even listen to Guns N' Roses, I wanted to play him stuff from CD because I figured it would be up his ally, but the stubborn bastard was like "No, I hate Guns N' Roses" and leave it at that.

I don't really talk to him anymore. His new girlfriend is a fat bitch.

That is the beauty of music.

There is so much out there, and so many different varieties and genres for people to choose from.

My ipod is a complete cluster. GnR....Willie Nelson.....Snoop Dogg....Hanson......from hair bands to country to classical to heavy metal.

I may not really like some genres, but it is awesome that they are available. I don't really like Gaga it nikki minaj.....but if a million teenage girls want to dance to them....I get it. We do need that mindless formula POP crap.

I think music has a lot to do with what you are experiencing in life at the time.

I don't really like U2, but my favorite teacher in high school died and he made us listen to U2 all the time. So with or without you and the streets have no names always bring up powerful emotions.

Maybe a silly POP dance song reminds u of meeting your spouse as that song was always on the radio. That Ursher dance song awhile back reminds me of a baseball camp I took my son to.

Sometimes music isn't about the band or the genre. Sometimes its about the life experience you have attached to it.

Finding someone that shares my taste in music is like finding a needle in a haystack.

All my friends are mostly into Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Nicky Minaj, Drake, and whoever the fuck else is popular right now. Lol.

And the few that do like rock bands are into that whole cock rock Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman shit.

Very few are into the same genres I am, and even fewer are heavily into gnr. It's sad how rock music is second rate these days.

Every single one of my friends is manically into a different genre of music. My best friend has an obsession with ska music, for instance. I actually love this. I always find new music through my friends. Unfortunately, I'm more welcoming than they are. They send me music, and I'll listen to it. I send them music, and they'll ignore it.

But see, I think that's why some teenagers go on Internet forums. Because they can't have these discussions in real life. In real life, no one gives a shit about these posts.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with musical diversity. But it just sucks because not too many of my friends are into the bands that I'm into. Especially GNR.

I actually didn't even know what Internet forums were before this site. Found it by dumb luck looking through comments on Youtube. I like posting here because it's the only place I can talk to people about GNR who like them as much as I do.

Admit it, you've been on internet forums for years

Edited by BirdCatcher

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with musical diversity. But it just sucks because not too many of my friends are into the bands that I'm into. Especially GNR.

I actually didn't even know what Internet forums were before this site. Found it by dumb luck looking through comments on Youtube. I like posting here because it's the only place I can talk to people about GNR who like them as much as I do.

Nope, this was honestly my first one.

Did it hurt the first time? It usually hurts

Edited by BirdCatcher

I like posting here because it's the only place I can talk to people about GNR who like them as much as I do.

:drevil:

:rolleyes:

Haven't been into the 3rd grade schoolyard jokes, since well 3rd grade.

But weren't you the suicidal guy from the "How happy are you" (or whatever it was) thread? Can see why there weren't too many people around to talk you off the ledge, :thumbsup:

3rd graders have sex now? Why didn't that happen when I was in third grade?

But weren't you the suicidal guy from the "How happy are you" (or whatever it was) thread? Can see why there weren't too many people around to talk you off the ledge, :thumbsup:

Schoolyard jokes are a lot more mature than telling someone to commit suicide. Even someone in their prepubescent years such as yourself should be able to grasp that.

Schoolyard jokes are a lot more mature than telling someone to commit suicide. Even someone in their prepubescent years such as yourself should be able to grasp that.

Never told him to commit suicide. Just said that kinda attitude is what pushes people away from helping out. Nice spin on that ace.

But other members can call a whole group of members who disagree with him cunts. I don't know where you grew up but I was raised to see that word as the most vile, ugly, and trashy thing to call someone.

Didn't mommy and daddy tell you to walk away from confrontations?

Never told him to commit suicide. Just said that kinda attitude is what pushes people away from helping out. Nice spin on that ace.

But other members can call a whole group of members who disagree with him cunts. I don't know where you grew up but I was raised to see that word as the most vile, ugly, and trashy thing to call someone.

It wasn't a spin chief. You know damn well what you were implying, backtracking isn't going to change that.

Who's calling who a cunt and what the fuck does that have to do with me, or this conversation? A better question is why would I care if someone calling someone else a cunt bothers anybody? I really don't. People can call each other cunts in every post in every thread and the amount of fucks I will not give about it is too high to count.

This again?

I was responding to your posts about Internet forums and how I liked to come here and talk about this band since few of my friends like GNR. And how this was the first forum I ever came to.

Then BirdCatcher comes out of left field...

:shrugs:

You have friends?

No. You twisted what I said to turn it to something darker just to make a stance. If these will popcorn farts are gonna start shit with me JUST

And I wasn't referring to you about the whole cunt thing. It was more of a mentality of this whole site. It's just fucking ridic

Anybody who reads the post I originally quoted will come to the same conclusion that I did. Your tone and your little thumbs up guy heavily imply that that was your intent. It has nothing to do with making any stance.

If you have a problem with the way the site is ran, I am definitely the wrong person to take it up with. I happen to like it here and I wouldn't change it for you even if I could.

I honestly don't believe they actually re-recorded Appetite for Destruction. I think that it was reported that it was being re-recorded because people heard them recording songs from AFD, but they were recording them for the Live Era album...and then the snowball rolled with people thinking they had a new version of it.

This again?

I was responding to your posts about Internet forums and how I liked to come here and talk about this band since few of my friends like GNR. And how this was the first forum I ever came to.

I've got a secret:

If you ignore them, you win.

I honestly don't believe they actually re-recorded Appetite for Destruction. I think that it was reported that it was being re-recorded because people heard them recording songs from AFD, but they were recording them for the Live Era album...and then the snowball rolled with people thinking they had a new version of it.

Probably right, but it would be a great idea to rerecord AFD with the current band just as a :fuckyou: to haters.

This again?

I've got a secret:

If you ignore them, you win.

That is correct, but why doesn't anybody do it? Because they can't help but respond to cupcakes.

I wonder if internet cupcakes are just law school kids?

No. You twisted what I said to turn it to something darker just to make a stance. If these will popcorn farts are gonna start shit with me JUST

And I wasn't referring to you about the whole cunt thing. It was more of a mentality of this whole site. It's just fucking ridic

Anybody who reads the post I originally quoted will come to the same conclusion that I did. Your tone and your little thumbs up guy heavily imply that that was your intent. It has nothing to do with making any stance.

If you have a problem with the way the site is ran, I am definitely the wrong person to take it up with. I happen to like it here and I wouldn't change it for you even if I could.

Well not my problem if they're naive little twats. I explained what I was getting at. If you wanna over analyze it to death, be my guess.

I have no problem with how this site is run, just how a few members run around being disrespectful and petty to people that don't agree with differing views.

Sort of like you are doing by calling me a "naive little twat" when I haven't resorted to calling you anything yet?

For someone that doesn't like other people being rude or disrespectful, you sure do an awesome job of doing it yourself. That's the difference between us, you insult people at will and then whine about it when you get insulted. I insult people at will and have no issues with anybody reciprocating in kind. Quit being such a fucking hypocrite.

Well not my problem if they're naive little twats. I explained what I was getting at. If you wanna over analyze it to death, be my guess.

I have no problem with how this site is run, just how a few members run around being disrespectful and petty to people that don't agree with differing views.

Sort of like you are doing by calling me a "naive little twat" when I haven't resorted to calling you anything yet?

For someone that doesn't like other people being rude or disrespectful, you sure do an awesome job of doing it yourself. That's the difference between us, you insult people at will and then whine about it when you get insulted. I insult people at will and have no issues with anybody reciprocating in kind. Quit being such a fucking hypocrite.

I said if they're naive little twats and believe I want BirdCatcher to kill himself. Then yeah. Gullible's written on the ceiling.

And calling someone "naive" or a "twat" is not in the same ballpark as calling someone a "cunt". Again, all about defending myself. For someone who "doesn't care if people use that word", I don't get why you'd make a fuss about that.

Are you saying you want me to kill myself?