Sign in to follow this  
lukepowell1988

AFD 1999

who is madison? and why doesnt axl like them?

She was a mod on here since, like, 2002, and in 2010, she perpetuated rumors that Axl'd banned Slash T-shirts, even though Fernando had already done away with the rumor. She said she had a very reliable source that the rumor was true and kept on about it, so Axl made a really vulgar post about her, and she was publicly stripped of her mod duties.

who is madison? and why doesnt axl like them?

She was a mod on here since, like, 2002, and in 2010, she perpetuated rumors that Axl'd banned Slash T-shirts, even though Fernando had already done away with the rumor. She said she had a very reliable source that the rumor was true and kept on about it, so Axl made a really vulgar post about her, and she was publicly stripped of her mod duties.

He called her a cunt.

I didn't call anybody a "cunt" and said that IF people believe I wanted a member to kill himself over disagreeing with me, then...well...if the boot fits..

No I didn't call Grog a pedophile, exactly, and I don't find that word more offensive than "cunt" exactly...but my defense strategy went too far, and I shouldn't have implied that.

So for that Groghan, I'm sorry.

So, if I said that "anybody that thinks that someone talking about suicide should be brought up as a response in another thread is a cunt." that would be different than directly calling you a cunt? How so?

STOP QUOTING EACH OTHER.

Is that better?

Jesus dude. Never used that for cunt. My beef is with that word. Just how I was raised. Calling someone a "naive twat" is miles less offensive. And I honestly believe had Axl not used that word on that moderator, it'd probably be more frowned upon around here.

If someone read that and thought "Wow, Bobbo wants BirdCatcher to off himself for not agreeing with his point of view", then yes I do think they're a naive twat.

Can we move forward now?

Actually you are incorrect as usual,The first time Dexter made an appearance here he called someone (spuffy?) A cunt and said they had pretty much been one since they had been here,then went on to elaborate about uninformed,and anonymous cowards posting erroneous speculations as fact. check the transcripts :book:

Goodnight,carry on :xmassrudolph:

Have you ever touched a female breast?

On the Madison issue...that was the day I lost respect for Axl.

Not because I particularly like Madison.

Not because I particularly dislike The Ginger.

There is nothing more pathetic than a 50 year-old man coming onto his own fan forum, and berating a moderator, publicly. Especially one that blindly supports you. Madison thought Slash was irrelevant to GN'R's success, and IRS passes for "music". Someone pull up the quote. It read a 13 year-old's MySpace rant.

"y0U stoopid phat b1tch. fuCking kunt who u tink u r? i m a x l r o s e. w1n 1 look n' tha mirror i c rex manning."

No offense to 13 year-olds on this forum. God knows there's a lot of you smartphone wielding brats.

I have no interest in hearing a studio version of the new band playing AFD. None whatsoever.

But, I do have a question out of curiosity; did Axl re-record the vocals?

Edited by sweetness

I didn't call anybody a "cunt" and said that IF people believe I wanted a member to kill himself over disagreeing with me, then...well...if the boot fits..

No I didn't call Grog a pedophile, exactly, and I don't find that word more offensive than "cunt" exactly...but my defense strategy went too far, and I shouldn't have implied that.

So for that Groghan, I'm sorry.

So, if I said that "anybody that thinks that someone talking about suicide should be brought up as a response in another thread is a cunt." that would be different than directly calling you a cunt? How so?

STOP QUOTING EACH OTHER.

Is that better?

Jesus dude. Never used that for cunt. My beef is with that word. Just how I was raised. Calling someone a "naive twat" is miles less offensive. And I honestly believe had Axl not used that word on that moderator, it'd probably be more frowned upon around here.

If someone read that and thought "Wow, Bobbo wants BirdCatcher to off himself for not agreeing with his point of view", then yes I do think they're a naive twat.

Can we move forward now?

Actually you are incorrect as usual,The first time Dexter made an appearance here he called someone (spuffy?) A cunt and said they had pretty much been one since they had been here,then went on to elaborate about uninformed,and anonymous cowards posting erroneous speculations as fact. check the transcripts :book:

Goodnight,carry on :xmassrudolph:

There is nothing more pathetic than a 50 year-old man coming onto his own fan forum, and berating a moderator, publicly. Especially one that blindly supports you. Madison thought Slash was irrelevant to GN'R's success, and IRS passes for "music". Someone pull up the quote. It read a 13 year-old's MySpace rant.

"y0U stoopid phat b1tch. fuCking kunt who u tink u r? i m a x l r o s e. w1n 1 look n' tha mirror i c rex manning."

No offense to 13 year-olds on this forum. God knows there's a lot of you smartphone wielding brats.

So Axl is one notch above you in the intelligence area. Good for him, he can beat a mentally handicapped Englishman. What was your point here? Never mind, I know you don't have one.

Okay, so you've established that you have greater sexual experience than some people on the forum, that you have no respect for Axll, that you regret what happened to Madison and that you don't like being here much. So, will you be on your way now or do you need more attention?

Edited by The Archer

I think Fernando told a user (Ali?) that Axl was overly vulgar on purpose. He thought Madison wanted that kind of attention, so he gab it to her. Still, if Axl Rose said all that stuff to me, I'd cry haha. Just because he's my hero. And seeing as Madison had served on the site for so long, I'm sure he was her hero, too.

At first, she seemed really classy about it ("He's just blowing off steam. No worries."), but then she started the whole Team Madison vs Team Axl, which was really annoying in my opinion haha. I know, irrelevant, but it did bug me.

It was never clear if she was stripped of her mod duties before or after Axl's rant, though. highvoltage and them said that she lost her mod status a few hours before the rant because she was making stupid calls (which, in my opinion, she kind of was, like reopening closed threads and publicly arguing with other mods/admins), but Madison was adamant that she was a mod all the way up until Axl's rant. Hmm.

I also read the worst thread in history: Should Axl be banned from mygnrforum for what he said to Madison? 30% actually voted yea! :rofl-lol: Banning Axl Rose from a Guns N' Roses forum. Imagine that. :lol:

Better question: why do you teenagers militantly defend a 50 year-old man like it's your religious purpose?

It's kind of creepy. You protect, and defend him like you're his mother.

Say something negative about Slash. Go ahead, and watch me not give a damn. Now watch me say something negative about Axl. You all act like I just slept with your girlfriend.

Do you not see the collective insanity for what it is?

Better question: why do you teenagers militantly defend a 50 year-old man like it's your religious purpose?

The people who defend Axl the most are sailaway and volcano62. Neither user is a teenager.

Say something negative about Slash. Go ahead, and watch me not give a damn. Now watch me say something negative about Axl. You all act like I just slept with your girlfriend.

Hahahaha. I'm not defending Axl against anything. I'm just pointing out that anyone with an average intelligence level shouldn't waste their time posting in a forum that is dedicated to something that they don't like. I wouldn't expect you to be able to grasp that though, you are forgiven.

The people who defend Axl the most are sailaway and volcano62. Neither user is a teenager.

They are also two of the more intelligent users of this forum.

And I am not sure what Roush's fabled sexual experiences have to do with this forum.

Edited by BirdCatcher

They are also two of the more intelligent users of this forum.

And I am not sure what Roush's fabled sexual experiences have to do with this forum.

I respect the hell out of both of you, but please, please let me deal with this mental midget myself.

Hahahaha. I'm not defending Axl against anything. I'm just pointing out that anyone with an average intelligence level shouldn't waste their time posting in a forum that is dedicated to something that they don't like. I wouldn't expect you to be able to grasp that though, you are forgiven.

I wasn't acknowledging you. Transparent facade.

No, I'm aware of volcano62. It's not so much him. It's about how so many people do it. It's this collusive mantra of most on this board. It's really, really freaking bizarre. I've seen several people in this thread practice the exact same thing. Funny how everyone denies it when I outright poise the question. That tells me you lot are aware of it. Think of it like this: how would you feel if people on the Internet were defending you. At first, you'd probably think "cool, they've got my back". After a while though, I'd imagine you will lose respect for your fans as individuals, and see them as sycophants - and a little bit crazed. I do not envy Axl. I remember Warchild, too. She was another creeper.

Getting back to topic relevancy - if the only hot topics regarding Axl's music are a 12 year-old recording of Appetite For Destruction, and maybe Oh My God (another 12 year-old recording) being played - who is living in the past?

Oh, by the way - I'm not actually British. I just fabricated that entire ploy for fun.

Cheers.

I was going to go on a rant how awesome breasts were. But please continue, I am going to grab a beer.

I wasn't acknowledging you. Transparent facade.

No, I'm aware of volcano62. It's not so much him. It's about how so many people do it. It's this collusive mantra of most on this board. It's really, really freaking bizarre. I've seen several people in this thread practice the exact same thing. Funny how everyone denies it when I outright poise the question. That tells me you lot are aware of it. Think of it like this: how would you feel if people on the Internet were defending you. At first, you'd probably think "cool, they've got my back". After a while though, I'd imagine you will lose respect for your fans as individuals, and see them as sycophants - and a little bit crazed. I do not envy Axl. I remember Warchild, too. She was another creeper.

Getting back to topic relevancy - if the only hot topics regarding Axl's music are a 12 year-old recording of Appetite For Destruction, and maybe Oh My God (another 12 year-old recording) being played - who is living in the past?

I don't give a flying fuck if you're talking about me, or not. This site is for fans of Axl. The admin was nice enough to create a whole subsection for fans of the old band, some (Like you.) can't grasp that. If you can't see that they are playing a lot of CD songs, along with the songs that Axl had a majority share in making successful, that is your own problem. Only a complete dipshit would waste their time bitching like you do, in a forum for a band that they don't like. Debate that last sentence, I really want to hear it.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Say something negative about Slash. Go ahead, and watch me not give a damn. Now watch me say something

negative about Axl. You all act like I just slept with your

girlfriend.

What's wrong with having a hero? Have you seen the people presently in the public eye? They're sellouts.

Especially the musicians. 90% of them just care about

making money, not quality music. So when somebody like

Axl stands his ground and shows true care about his work,

of course people will defend him. And on the behalf of teenagers, look up Axl's Chicago (I think) rant. He tells the

audience they can be whatever and whoever they want to

be, and nobody can stand in their way, including himself.

That inspires young adults, even if it is kinda cliche to say.

Axl is a true hero. He doesn't play by the "rules". He shows

that there's more than one way of doing things.

Sorry if some of my sentence structure didn't make sense. Haha. It's 3:30 in the morning and I'm about to pass out!

Edited by HB3

Out of my whole post - you only quote the boring stuff.

You snipped this bit:

"Oh, by the way - I'm not actually British. I just fabricated that entire ploy for fun.

Cheers."

To competently answer your question: it's complicated. I used to come on here back in the silent period. There was hype, excitement, and most of all- uncertainty- in Axl's new band.

I thought the 2002 lineup could have been better than Guns 'N' Roses.

Or at the very least - an interesting addition to popular music at the time. The live cuts were solid. Rhiad and the Bedouins sounded monstrous at the House Of Blues. We had tracks like The Blues" that seemed to foreshadow greatness. Yet it turned out to lose all of the energy when it was put on record. Brian Mantia on drums, and Buckethead on guitar were aces. They were fantastic. As terrible as the song is, Scraped has the signature punch 2-hit punch with the Buckethead/Brain groove.

That, to answer your question, is why I'm here. Curiosity, and hoping those lost sessions find themselves. A lot of songs turned out soulless on the album. Chinese Democracy, the title track - a simple freaking 4-beat rock song that should have clocked at 3 minutes became a five-minute vacuum. I think Josh Freese (co-writer) said it right. Paraphrasing here, but after multiple studio hands passed around the tracks for so long - Josh said they lost the initial spark they once had. Chinese used to have a sick, SICK riff. It's on the Boston 2k2 radio rip. It sounded like something from Nine Inch Nails with Axl's It's So Easy voice. The synthesizer added a kind of unique flavor. I love Guns 'N' Roses, but at the time - the 2002 lineup was more exciting. Nowadays, I would side with an original lineup reunion being the best possible scenario.

But man, Axl had something special in 2002. And when I say they would have been "better" than Guns 'N' Roses - I mean more intelligent, thought-forward, and controversial (but in a cool way- not in a racist/misogynistic way.) Raising awareness about Chinese politics, empathizing with other nations. This is exactly what superficial, anti-intellectual pop music needed. The actual GN'R was cool, and lit the world on fire. But that kind of energy, and spirit wasn't what the music scene needed at the time. It needed someone to reinvent rock music, and by God - Axl looked like he was doing it. Sure, you have Radiohead, and Nine Inch Nails. But they don't evoke the same in-your-face vigor.

Had Axl gotten in better shape, called the band something else, got one sole producer, and toured small venues to create buzz - I think Chinese Democracy would've been huge. Music at the time was so terrible. And it really needed something to bridge the 20th Century to the 21st.

Did that answer your question?

PUH-LEASE

Mods, can this (shitty) thread be locked?

This reeks of BBA all over the place.

Out of my whole post - you only quote the boring stuff.

You snipped this bit:

"Oh, by the way - I'm not actually British. I just fabricated that entire ploy for fun.

Cheers."

To competently answer your question: it's complicated. I used to come on here back in the silent period. There was hype, excitement, and most of all- uncertainty- in Axl's new band.

I thought the 2002 lineup could have been better than Guns 'N' Roses.

Or at the very least - an interesting addition to popular music at the time. The live cuts were solid. Rhiad and the Bedouins sounded monstrous at the House Of Blues. We had tracks like The Blues" that seemed to foreshadow greatness. Yet it turned out to lose all of the energy when it was put on record. Brian Mantia on drums, and Buckethead on guitar were aces. They were fantastic. As terrible as the song is, Scraped has the signature punch 2-hit punch with the Buckethead/Brain groove.

That, to answer your question, is why I'm here. Curiosity, and hoping those lost sessions find themselves. A lot of songs turned out soulless on the album. Chinese Democracy, the title track - a simple freaking 4-beat rock song that should have clocked at 3 minutes became a five-minute vacuum. I think Josh Freese (co-writer) said it right. Paraphrasing here, but after multiple studio hands passed around the tracks for so long - Josh said they lost the initial spark they once had. Chinese used to have a sick, SICK riff. It's on the Boston 2k2 radio rip. It sounded like something from Nine Inch Nails with Axl's It's So Easy voice. The synthesizer added a kind of unique flavor. I love Guns 'N' Roses, but at the time - the 2002 lineup was more exciting. Nowadays, I would side with an original lineup reunion being the best possible scenario.

But man, Axl had something special in 2002. And when I say they would have been "better" than Guns 'N' Roses - I mean more intelligent, thought-forward, and controversial (but in a cool way- not in a racist/misogynistic way.) Raising awareness about Chinese politics, empathizing with other nations. This is exactly what superficial, anti-intellectual pop music needed. The actual GN'R was cool, and lit the world on fire. But that kind of energy, and spirit wasn't what the music scene needed at the time. It needed someone to reinvent rock music, and by God - Axl looked like he was doing it. Sure, you have Radiohead, and Nine Inch Nails. But they don't evoke the same in-your-face vigor.

Had Axl gotten in better shape, called the band something else, got one sole producer, and toured small venues to create buzz - I think Chinese Democracy would've been huge. Music at the time was so terrible. And it really needed something to bridge the 20th Century to the 21st.

Did that answer your question?

What the fuck are you gibbering about now? I quoted the whole of every one of your posts. I don't give a shit if you are lame enough to fabricate where you are from. and I give even less of a shit about your "curiosity" or what you want to experiment with. You have not made a post that is worth a damn in relation to what Gn'R is today. If you don't like it, too bad, nobody gives a fuck. The only reason I respond to you is because I find it fun to publicly humiliate you. Anybody who has read our confrontations over the last couple of days can attest to that. You keep posting bullshit, I'll keep shutting you down. Deal?

lol

(That was directed at the slow, angry Internet kid.)

I haven't seen you successfully make anybody angry yet. I know that you try because you seek the attention that nobody in your real world will give you, but just the same as your loved ones feel about you, your posts are pathetic.