Guns N' Roses Nominated for Tour Of The Year

Cosmo

The first annual Ultimate Classic Rock Awards are here, and they are your chance to vote for the best rock music of 2011. Over the next week, we will be announcing nominees for the year’s best classic rock albums, songs, tours, artists and more — 10 categories in all — and allowing our readers to pick the winners in each.

We’ll begin with the Tour of the Year category: After all, if there’s one place classic rockers undeniably dominate the music landscape, it is in the live performance setting. This year featured two big summer tour team-ups: Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger combined to bring fans a hit-packed evening, and Motley Crue brought Poison and the New York Dolls along for their typically extravagant trek.

Of course, some bands decided to go it alone, too. Rush continued their ‘Time Machine’ tour, which featured the band playing their 1981 ‘Moving Pictures’ album in its entirety. Kiss proved the worth of their music by scaling down their stage show to play long-awaited concerts in smaller cities for much of the summer, and even as we speak, Guns N’ Roses are making an emphatic case for the power of their new lineup and the ‘Chinese Democracy’ album with 3-hour marathon shows all across the land.

Let’s not forget Alice Cooper, who dazzled audiences around the world with a career-spanning show of surprising ferocity prior to the release of his ‘Welcome 2 My Nightmare’ album. That album, by the way, has already earned the No. 1 spot on our list of the Top 10 Albums of 2011, in addition to spawning what we’ve labeled the year’s best new song, ‘I’ll Bite Your Face Off.’

But those were our staff’s choices; this one is up to you. Select which one of the six aforementioned tours you thought was the best. You have until 11:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2012, and the winners will be announced Tuesday, Jan, 3.

VOTE HERE!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted. It's no contest. Saw Motley Crue this year, they fucken sucked. Short setlist(including all the solo shit and Tommy's stupid drum roller coaster) with Vince Neil mumbling through some vocals and skipping entire parts....

LOL is Motley really that bad? :shocked:

Vince Neil on a good day is currently worst than RiR4 Axl.

The first annual Ultimate Classic Rock Awards are here. Select which one of the six aforementioned tours you thought was the best. You have until 11:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2012, and the winners will be announced Tuesday, Jan, 3.

VOTE HERE!

Voted. GNR are at 38.5% now.

Classic Rock is cool - they really get it and they rate GNR high - old and new.

Good move - I view things like these as one of the ways in which all the downloading mofos of the internet can bring greater recognition to GN'R.

Vince Neil only sings the vowels. I love Motley Crue, they are fun to see live, but Vince Neil may be the worst live singer in the world.

I couldn't agree more. He sounds great on the album, but live is hit or miss, and it is usually a big miss. Fun live band for sure, but not because of Vince.

Guns and Rush are definitely my top. Both nearly three hour shows, both awesome set lists and musicianship. It's a tough call!

Vince Neil only sings the vowels. I love Motley Crue, they are fun to see live, but Vince Neil may be the worst live singer in the world.

I couldn't agree more. He sounds great on the album, but live is hit or miss, and it is usually a big miss. Fun live band for sure, but not because of Vince.

Guns and Rush are definitely my top. Both nearly three hour shows, both awesome set lists and musicianship. It's a tough call!

+1 Rush is an amazingly stable band, they're always top notch, and musically speaking, they're on top when it comes to musicianship in popular music. Love 'em, wish I went to one of their concerts, missed the last one but... GnR winning will, in a certain way, get them good promotion, something they need a lot more than Rush.

Voted. It's no contest. Saw Motley Crue this year, they fucken sucked. Short setlist(including all the solo shit and Tommy's stupid drum roller coaster) with Vince Neil mumbling through some vocals and skipping entire parts....

LOL is Motley really that bad? :shocked:

They didn't even do an encore...

Well if there was any other band on there that would be good competition for GNR it would be Rush, those two bands blow everyone else on that list away :thumbsup:

I am pulling for either one of them. It is a win-win situation for me, I fucking love both GNR and Rush rock1